PDA

View Full Version : Finally watched the entire Carolina game

ghz in pittsburgh
08-15-2006, 05:56 AM
I don't know why everyone is so jacked up about Losman because he's a long way to go yet.

The biggest problem I saw was the fact that he telegraphs his passes too often. With a more seasoned secondary defense, it could be harder for him to spot those wide open receivers. I could almost guarantee that his completion percentage will drop in real game situations.

Having said that, I do know that he's the best options the Bills have and he indeed looked the best among the Bills QBs. If that's what Jauron and Co. wanted to achieve, they reached their goal.

The marked improvement I saw from JP first time this year as compared to last year is the composure in the pocket. Like Steve Tasker commented, Losman no longer just threw it up for grabs when he got into trouble and his eye focused a lot more down field when pressured.

He's seeing open guys and trying to get the ball to them. But I didn't see the anticipation of open guys from him.

It's a progress, but we have a long road ahead. Bill Walsh once said the average games to determine a QB has it or not is around 32 games. Losman needs 32 games, if not more.

The Steelers gave Losman an extended look prior to the now famous Roethlisberger draft. The talk around him during his visit to Pittsburgh was that he has probably the best physical raw talent among all college QBs that time, but he may need a lot of growing up in NFL. He only started 2 seasons at Tulane where most successfuly QBs in NFL started at least 3 years in college (save for Vick). That one year difference at 20 year-old age is huge in terms of maturity, experience, and fighting what teams game plan against you. Now in NFL, for all 3 years, he has played a grand total of 8 games! I can see teams hesitate on picking him because not a lot of franchises can wait on him to develop. At his current pace, he may finally gets it - able to play up to his potential late 2007.

BlackMetalNinja
08-15-2006, 07:33 AM
Yes, he has a long way to go yet... but people are up on him so much because Holcombe looked so terrible and isn't likely to be getting better too much at this point in his career.

SABURZFAN
08-15-2006, 01:06 PM
we can only hope that losman goes back to the film room and study the mistakes that he made.

TacklingDummy
08-15-2006, 01:11 PM
we can only hope that losman goes back to the film room and study the mistakes that he made.

Over-throwing and bouncing balls to the attended reciever can't be corrected by watching film.

capitolneal
08-15-2006, 01:13 PM
Losman needs to start to make those mistakes that he should of made last yr

billsburgh
08-15-2006, 02:38 PM
Over-throwing and bouncing balls to the attended reciever can't be corrected by watching film.
alot of it could be his technique, mechanics, or footwork which could be corrected by discovering that problem while watching the film. give your hatred a rest will ya.

The_Philster
08-15-2006, 03:15 PM
He already has

Philagape
08-15-2006, 03:29 PM
Bill Walsh once said the average games to determine a QB has it or not is around 32 games. Losman needs 32 games, if not more.

No he doesn't. He's a bust. He sucked last year, so he'll always suck. He makes mistakes because he's an idiot. He just is.

:crazy: :insane: :hitself:

raphael120
08-15-2006, 03:59 PM
32 games? no, he's supposed to be good NOW DAMMIT!!!!!!! ;)

Drive 4 Five
08-15-2006, 07:40 PM
I don't think everyone is jacked up over Losman. I think the majority of the fans here know exactly what we have in J.P. Losman and that is a talented yet young and inexperienced QB with alot to prove and even more to learn. On the other hand, there are the extremists on both sides of the fence that drive the rest of us crazy which is why the same threads keep poppping up over and over and over...

:deadhorse:

Just like this one. No offense GHZ but we had like 20 threads just like yours yesterday. You're a little behind the times bud. You need to spend more time on the BZ.

:peace:

Typ0
08-15-2006, 10:24 PM
JP looked good in preseason and week one last year too...then something happened and he started looking like he wasn't even there. It's pretty clear to me he has some issues in his head. I don't like his punk attitude. That's the reason many on the team were turned off...no one wants some immature punk telling them how it's going to be especially when it's clear they don't know what they are talking about.

shelby
08-15-2006, 10:27 PM
:rofl: oh the irony....Typ0 please post more often...:snicker:

billsburgh
08-15-2006, 11:29 PM
JP looked good in preseason and week one last year too...then something happened and he started looking like he wasn't even there. It's pretty clear to me he has some issues in his head. I don't like his punk attitude. That's the reason many on the team were turned off...no one wants some immature punk telling them how it's going to be especially when it's clear they don't know what they are talking about.
by all accounts, JP is showing much more maturity this year. he's a much different player and person this year. I think he was humbled by everything that happened last year.

Typ0
08-15-2006, 11:32 PM
by all accounts, JP is showing much more maturity this year. he's a much different player and person this year. I think he was humbled by everything that happened last year.

maybe he's a little more mature...but I wouldn't say on all accounts since I still hear punk kid BS in his interviews...plus he still sounds like a ***. Hopefully, one of these days his balls will start filling up and his voice will get deeper like Peter Brady. Until then, I kinda doubt guys like TKO are going to take him seriously.

billsburgh
08-15-2006, 11:42 PM
maybe he's a little more mature...but I wouldn't say on all accounts since I still hear punk kid BS in his interviews...plus he still sounds like a ***. Hopefully, one of these days his balls will start filling up and his voice will get deeper like Peter Brady. Until then, I kinda doubt guys like TKO are going to take him seriously.
what kind of punk kid bs are you talking about? just curious since I dont get to see his interviews

THATHURMANATOR
08-15-2006, 11:51 PM
Don't know what he is talking about Billsburgh. Losman seems very respectful on all interviews I have seen!

billsburgh
08-15-2006, 11:56 PM
Don't know what he is talking about Billsburgh. Losman seems very respectful on all interviews I have seen!
that's what I thought from everything I've read about him so far.

LtBillsFan66
08-15-2006, 11:57 PM
He's kind of mousy.

ddaryl
08-16-2006, 02:31 AM
JP a punk ?

I've never seen it, I see a humbled man trying hard to live up to his own, the teams, and the fans expectations.

JP is going to continue to have growing pains, and all I expect to see from him this year is continued improvement with some flashes of greatness .