PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo news: Timid play puts Holcomb behind J.P.

Mitchy moo
08-15-2006, 08:01 AM
If it were up to me, the Bills would call off the competition and declare J.P. Losman the starting quarterback right now. Losman is the future. He needs to get the No. 1 nod, and the bulk of the repetitions, so the offense can get into rhythm for the season opener. Dick Jauron moved in that direction Monday by anointing Losman the front-runner.
Kelly Holcomb is losing the battle and he knows it. He played four series in Saturday's preseason opener. It was three-and-out every time. Holcomb completed two passes, both to running backs. He threw another into the waiting arms of Carolina's Ken Lucas, who ran it back for a touchdown.

http://buffalonews.com/editorial/20060815/1020038.asp

ICE74129
08-15-2006, 08:04 AM
If it were up to me, the Bills would call off the competition and declare J.P. Losman the starting quarterback right now. Losman is the future. He needs to get the No. 1 nod, and the bulk of the repetitions, so the offense can get into rhythm for the season opener. Dick Jauron moved in that direction Monday by anointing Losman the front-runner.
Kelly Holcomb is losing the battle and he knows it. He played four series in Saturday's preseason opener. It was three-and-out every time. Holcomb completed two passes, both to running backs. He threw another into the waiting arms of Carolina's Ken Lucas, who ran it back for a touchdown.

http://buffalonews.com/editorial/20060815/1020038.asp

its not timid play, its holcomb being holcomb. He never was a starter in this league. Now that JP is getting a good chemestry with the starting OL etc they are wanting him back there. All the veterans wanted was the kid to come in and earn the job. BUT Not how some here think.

It never was about a 'competition' It was about maturity and attitude. It was about calming down, being part of the team, and trying to play better. JP has done that and now is getting a snowball effect in support.

He does good against cinci and the job is his.

Mitchy moo
08-15-2006, 08:14 AM
its not timid play, its holcomb being holcomb. He never was a starter in this league. Now that JP is getting a good chemestry with the starting OL etc they are wanting him back there. All the veterans wanted was the kid to come in and earn the job. BUT Not how some here think.

It never was about a 'competition' It was about maturity and attitude. It was about calming down, being part of the team, and trying to play better. JP has done that and now is getting a snowball effect in support.

We can only pray!

Mr. Cynical
08-15-2006, 02:00 PM
If by timid you mean lack of talent, I agree.

PIZ
08-15-2006, 02:24 PM

Where did you read about the good chemistry with the line, the OL wanting him back there, and the snowball effect in support. I'm not doubting you, but if true, that is the best news I've heard in a long time as a Bills fan.

gil
08-15-2006, 02:30 PM
Where did you read about the good chemistry with the line, the OL wanting him back there, and the snowball effect in support. I'm not doubting you, but if true, that is the best news I've heard in a long time as a Bills fan.

Granted, it's very early, but I think it's almost the fact that we haven't heard any of those "unnamed sources" grumbling to someone or other about JP or the QB situation in general that's encouraging.

PIZ
08-15-2006, 02:59 PM
Granted, it's very early, but I think it's almost the fact that we haven't heard any of those "unnamed sources" grumbling to someone or other about JP or the QB situation in general that's encouraging.

I hope you are both right. I couldn't stand to hear things like "Moulds wants Holcomb to start. The veterans want Holcolmb because he gives them the best chance to win." Why don't they just leave it to the coaches and support whoever the guy is?