PDA

View Full Version : I’m a little confused!

Patrick76777
08-15-2006, 08:12 AM
I was told by so many that that Jauron was obviously leaning towards Holcomb and that JP would never get a shot. Now Jauron is saying that JP is the front runner. Interesting.

So, Holcomb played like crap and JP did well after his first 3 drives. Ok, I’m cool with that. Although I think it’s fool hardy to make any bold predictions after a single Preseason game, I saw more in JP’s game then I ever did before.

So that being said, go for it! Ride JP the whole preseason. I’d even go so far as to give him an entire game and a full 3 quarters in the other 2 games. Get him ready now.

I still don’t advocate giving the guy 16 games without fear of being pulled. If his play is terrible for an extended period of time, he should be pulled.

I have been anti-JP for some time. Simply because I was anti-JP did not make me pro KH. But I’m man enough to realize that JP looked decent the other day and deserves a chance. I’m still not sold on him at all, but I’m willing to give him a chance.

Tatonka
08-15-2006, 08:25 AM
it is killing you.

Michael82
08-15-2006, 08:29 AM
it is killing you.
:hi5:

Patrick76777
08-15-2006, 08:30 AM
it is killing you.

Not in the least bit. I'm not a prideful person. I can easily admit I’m wrong. I’m not ready to do that yet, but I’m ready to give JP his chance.

Tatonka
08-15-2006, 08:32 AM
hey pat.. would you please write another one of your great camp reports now that your boy KH sucked a fat one and will be running with the 3rd team in todays practice?

Thanks!

:up:

Michael82
08-15-2006, 08:33 AM
I wonder what JP did to piss Pat off. I'm guessing that he chose not to high-five him on the way out. Or maybe he gave him dirty looks during a pregame practice. Or maybe JP walked by and chatted to some fans that are by Patrick, but not Patrick himself. Hmmmm..... :scratch:

HHURRICANE
I
I still don’t advocate giving the guy 16 games without fear of being pulled. If his play is terrible for an extended period of time, he should be pulled.

I have been anti-JP for some time. Simply because I was anti-JP did not make me pro KH. But I’m man enough to realize that JP looked decent the other day and deserves a chance. I’m still not sold on him at all, but I’m willing to give him a chance.

I knew Patrick76777 was actually Mike Mularkey!! Mystery solved!

TacklingDummy
They both still suck. JP looked no better then he did last year. And this was against Carolina's 2nd and 3rd stringers.

The Bills need a QB.

HHURRICANE
08-15-2006, 08:35 AM
I knew Patrick76777 was actually Mike Mularkey!! Mystery solved!

By the way Pat it wasn't just the Pre-season game it was the entire camp that led Jauron to declaring JP the frontrunner. Read the media reports.

justasportsfan
08-15-2006, 08:36 AM
You have to understand who was making those claims that the qb competition was unfair, ICE. He's the only one who thinks his opinion is fact around here.

Kerr
08-15-2006, 08:40 AM
You have to understand who was making those claims that the qb competition was unfair, ICE. He's the only one who thinks his opinion is fact around here.

and he's the only one who takes any form of criticism of jp personal.

HHURRICANE
08-15-2006, 08:42 AM

I'm actually going to defend ICE here. I still believe that Jauron had originally wanted Holcomb but when you go 2/4 for 16 yards and an int for a TD and 20.1 QB Rating it's hard to sell him as your starter. Plus the pass into the ground in front of Gates was just. I don't even have words, it was that bad.

Patrick76777
08-15-2006, 08:45 AM
I wonder what JP did to piss Pat off. I'm guessing that he chose not to high-five him on the way out. Or maybe he gave him dirty looks during a pregame practice. Or maybe JP walked by and chatted to some fans that are by Patrick, but not Patrick himself. Hmmmm..... :scratch:

Those are good and kinda funny. Who wrote those for you?

Patrick76777
08-15-2006, 08:46 AM
They both still suck. JP looked no better then he did last year. And this was against Carolina's 2nd and 3rd stringers.

The Bills need a QB.

Like I said, Making bold predictions based on one preseason game is foolhardy. But I'm willing to give him his shot.

Patrick76777
08-15-2006, 08:47 AM
By the way Pat it wasn't just the Pre-season game it was the entire camp that led Jauron to declaring JP the frontrunner. Read the media reports.

I didn't say it was! Where did you read that? not in my post.

justasportsfan
I'm actually going to defend ICE here. I still believe that Jauron had originally wanted Holcomb but when you go 2/4 for 16 yards and an int for a TD and 20.1 QB Rating it's hard to sell him as your starter. Plus the pass into the ground in front of Gates was just. I don't even have words, it was that bad.
At least you're not stating it's a fact. Even the article on buffalo news think/felt Marv and Dick wanted JP to win the job. Why wouldn't they? If anything Marv and Dick would've loved for JP(or any young qb already on the team) to be the franchise qb of this team if they really cared about the bills. Everyone knows KH isn't and never will be.

ICE74129
I was told by so many that that Jauron was obviously leaning towards Holcomb and that JP would never get a shot. Now Jauron is saying that JP is the front runner. Interesting.

So, Holcomb played like crap and JP did well after his first 3 drives. Ok, I’m cool with that. Although I think it’s fool hardy to make any bold predictions after a single Preseason game, I saw more in JP’s game then I ever did before.

So that being said, go for it! Ride JP the whole preseason. I’d even go so far as to give him an entire game and a full 3 quarters in the other 2 games. Get him ready now.

And that is why you should never coach. You approach things from a Madden/ Fantasy football attitude even if you don't play either game. This isn't a bash, its just how you are thinking.

a QB should have NO FEAR of getting benched. I watched Jim Kelly in 91 on monday night football come out on his first 3 possessions and toss 3 Int's. I still have it on tape. Did he get pulled? No. he came back and threw 5 TD passes. Now I understand that is Kelly but marv could have pulled him for Reich.

QB's have to have that confidence that if they have bad GAMES in a row they still have the coaches and players backing. That makes great QB's. Looking over their shoulders makes BAD QB's.

Patrick76777
08-15-2006, 08:48 AM

And that's who this is pointed at.

Patrick76777
08-15-2006, 08:49 AM

But you just said that it wasn't just one game!

Patrick76777
08-15-2006, 08:52 AM
And that is why you should never coach. You approach things from a Madden/ Fantasy football attitude even if you don't play either game. This isn't a bash, its just how you are thinking.

a QB should have NO FEAR of getting benched. I watched Jim Kelly in 91 on monday night football come out on his first 3 possessions and toss 3 Int's. I still have it on tape. Did he get pulled? No. he came back and threw 5 TD passes. Now I understand that is Kelly but marv could have pulled him for Reich.

QB's have to have that confidence that if they have bad GAMES in a row they still have the coaches and players backing. That makes great QB's. Looking over their shoulders makes BAD QB's.
LMAO, you guys are tough!

You guys really know

a. how to make it hard for someone to admit that they may have been wrong.
b. Welcome someone who may now be agreeing with you.
How to be modest .

ICE74129
08-15-2006, 08:52 AM

It is fact. And things again have went how I said they would. IF holcomb failed and JP stepped up, DJ has no choice but to play JP. Funny how after tons of articles on Sunday DJ comes out and says JP has a clear advantage in the race now. I think I said if JP did that then there was no way DJ could BS the media didn't I?

Everything has went as I said it could and or would. And I still say if DJ had his way Holcomb would have looked at least decent and there would be no proclimations for JP at this point. But unfortunately for DJ holcomb is what he is, which is good news for us Bills fans.

ICE74129
08-15-2006, 08:54 AM
LMAO, you guys are tough!

You guys really know

a. how to make it hard for someone to admit that they may have been wrong.
b. Welcome someone who may now be agreeing with you.
How to be modest .

I agree. Its past time for you and justa to admit I have been right all along.

justasportsfan
08-15-2006, 08:55 AM
It is fact..See what I mean? Do I lie? :D

He still insists he's right and yet he has no proof other than his opinion. It's the "I am right ,you are wrong because I say so" attitude that's back with ICE. At least he still brings color to BZ, pink or some other annoying color.

Patrick76777
08-15-2006, 08:56 AM
Ice my man. I’m 30 years old with 3 kids and a nice career. I haven’t played Madden in 5 years and a good 8 years ago I grew up enough to realize that dreams of walking the sidelines as an NFL, NCAA or even a high school coach is a complete waste of my time.

I’m a fan. The only thing I aspire to be is a fan. I really don’t care that you don’t think I have the wherewithal to be a coach, mainly because I don’t want to be a coach.

Have fun coaching the 10 year olds.

justasportsfan
08-15-2006, 08:56 AM
:lolpoint:
I agree. Its past time for you and justa to admit I have been right all along.

justasportsfan
08-15-2006, 08:57 AM
Ice my man. I’m 30 years old with 3 kids and a nice career. I haven’t played Madden in 5 years and a good 8 years ago I grew up enough to realize that dreams of walking the sidelines as an NFL, NCAA or even a high school coach is a complete waste of my time.

I’m a fan. The only thing I aspire to be is a fan. I really don’t care that you don’t think I have the wherewithal to be a coach, mainly because I don’t want to be a coach.

Have fun coaching the 10 year olds.

:bf1:

RedEyE
08-15-2006, 09:06 AM
Last time I checked the term "front-runner" and the title "starter" contain two seperate meanings. JP has yet to win the starting position and all can change (again) with one bad game against Cincy.

TacklingDummy
08-15-2006, 09:42 AM
It doesn't matter who is named starter opening day. The backup QB better be ready. KH/JP both stink and are injury prone.

THATHURMANATOR
08-15-2006, 09:45 AM

The Bills need a QB.
Is this a cut and paste job of one of your last 30 posts?

This post is surely gay!

TacklingDummy
08-15-2006, 09:53 AM

This post is surely gay!

Some people need to be brought back to reality. Just because Losman has a average/slightly below- average game against Carolina's 2nd and 3rd stringers, it's nothing to get a chubby about.

justasportsfan
08-15-2006, 09:54 AM

This post is surely gay!
Someones seeking attention.

Kerr
08-15-2006, 09:55 AM
It doesn't matter who is named starter opening day. The backup QB better be ready. KH/JP both stink and are injury prone.

are you keeping tabs on rj over at giants camp? how's he doing?

RedEyE
08-15-2006, 09:56 AM
Some people need to be brought back to reality. Just because Losman has a average/slightly below- average game against Carolina's 2nd and 3rd stringers, it's nothing to get a chubby about.

There might be some truth in your accusation, but I don't think anyone here is ready to send any of our QBs to the HOF. And I have yet to read claims of this Bills team headed for the Super Bowl.

Hope...plain and simple. Hope that Losman gets increasingly better and becomes more then adequate to help win football games.

TacklingDummy
08-15-2006, 09:57 AM
are you keeping tabs on rj over at giants camp? how's he doing?

Last I heard RJ may be the cut.

TacklingDummy
08-15-2006, 10:00 AM
Hope...plain and simple. Hope that Losman gets increasingly better and becomes more then adequate to help win football games.

I also have "hope"....I hope the Bills draft Brady Quinn.

Kerr
08-15-2006, 10:01 AM
Last I heard RJ may be the cut.

why's that? not recovered from tommy john surgery?

THATHURMANATOR
08-15-2006, 10:05 AM
You sir don't have the authority to tell me what I can and can not get a chubby over.

RedEyE
08-15-2006, 10:07 AM
I also have "hope"....I hope the Bills draft Brady Quinn.

And he's proven what in the NFL?

RedEyE
You sir don't have the authority to tell me what I can and can not get a chubby over.

:rofl:

TacklingDummy
why's that? not recovered from tommy john surgery?

I Don't know. I read it in the NY Post about a week ago.

Patrick76777
08-15-2006, 10:08 AM
hey pat.. would you please write another one of your great camp reports now that your boy KH sucked a fat one and will be running with the 3rd team in todays practice?

Thanks!

:up:

That piece was aimed at how Mikey’s reports always seemed to praise JP and bash KH. It was meant as entertainment. I don’t understand why you have a problem with it. Now if your problem was the fact that I picked on Mikey, I’d see your point, but your issue appears to be that it was anti-JP, which is not entirely the case. It was more if a good natured jab at Mikey camp reports more then anything.

I guess I just don’t understand all of the hostility.

THATHURMANATOR
08-15-2006, 10:08 AM
And he has won what in college?

LtBillsFan66
08-15-2006, 10:09 AM
I agree completely. But Holcomb isn't better. I say start the kid and keep your fingers crossed that he gets better.

TacklingDummy
08-15-2006, 10:10 AM

Ok, honest answer, who would you rather have at QB for the Buffalo Bills...

JP Losman or Brady Quinn?

RedEyE
08-15-2006, 10:11 AM

When offered the option of having the known or the unknown, which would you choose?

RedEyE
08-15-2006, 10:12 AM
In any case, lets let the season decide and give JP the opportunity he deserves. I don't think that Quinn is going anywhere anytime soon.

TacklingDummy
I agree completely. But Holcomb isn't better. I say start the kid and keep your fingers crossed that he gets better.

I agree.

THATHURMANATOR

Why would we even begin to get into this now on the off chance we have the first pick in the draft almost a whole year from now??

TacklingDummy
08-15-2006, 10:14 AM
When offered the option of having the known or the unknown, which would you choose?

That wasn't the question. By avoiding the answer you have already answered.

And JP isn't unknown.

So I would choose Quinn, in a heartbeat.

TacklingDummy
08-15-2006, 10:15 AM
Why would we even begin to get into this now on the off chance we have the first pick in the draft almost a whole year from now??

Another vote for Quinn.

RedEyE
08-15-2006, 10:15 AM
That wasn't the question. By avoiding the answer you have already answered.

And JP isn't unknown.

So I would choose Quinn, in a heartbeat.

So you would give up a QB with potential for a QB with potential?

BidsJr
08-15-2006, 10:16 AM

If JP is terrible this year we may get to find out, and at that point I would be glad to move on. But given 16 starts we all may have reason to not want Brady Quinn, but see that a new LT is more important.

Remember this. Quinn is Weiss first QB prospect, and he was miserable under Willingham. Weiss could turn out to be the next Spurrier running high powered college offences and turning Heisman QB's into NFL busts.

Then again, Quinn could be the next Manning.

I am just hopefull at the end of this year we can decide the direction of the QB position for the future.

TacklingDummy
08-15-2006, 10:17 AM

After 3 years in the NFL? Yes.

And Im sure so would you.

justasportsfan
08-15-2006, 10:20 AM
Yes, he would.

Brady Quinn would've blown if he was broken in the NFl the same way JP was and TDummy would've b!tched and moaned anyways.

TacklingDummy
08-15-2006, 10:20 AM
Remember this. Quinn is Weiss first QB prospect, and he was miserable under Willingham. Weiss could turn out to be the next Spurrier running high powered college offences and turning Heisman QB's into NFL busts.

Weiss also turned a 6 Round (?) QB into a 3 time Super Bowl Champion. Has Spurrier ever done anything in the NFL?

THATHURMANATOR
08-15-2006, 10:21 AM
Another vote for Quinn.
Really where?

RedEyE
08-15-2006, 10:21 AM

That's an unfair assesment considering that Losman didn't have much of an opportunity to play his first 2 seasons and considering that he only has 1 half of one pre season game under his belt in his 3rd.

BidsJr
08-15-2006, 10:25 AM
Weiss also turned a 6 Round (?) QB into a 3 time Super Bowl Champion. Has Spurrier ever done anything in the NFL?

And also could not turn a former #1 pick overall in the draft to anything but mediocure.

Spurrier was never an offensive coordinator focusing only on the O like he gets to do in college ball.

Weiss may make ND into QB U, and actually have QB's with success in the NFL.

But you must take into account that for an Offensive "Genius" it takes alot less talent to make a college QB look like superman than it does in the NFL.

Who knows maybe Tom Brady would have broken every NCAA record at ND last year under Weiss, making Quinn look like an underperforming chump.

North_Coast
08-15-2006, 10:32 AM

Well, I guess your name's half right since you can't count to three!

Losman's had only 2 years in the NFL (2004 and 2005). Since 2006 hasn't started yet, who knows how JP will play? He could turn out to be the best of the 2004 crop.

As for Brady Quinn, who cares?

TacklingDummy
08-15-2006, 10:44 AM
Losman's had only 2 years in the NFL (2004 and 2005). Since 2006 hasn't started yet, who knows how JP will play? He could turn out to be the best of the 2004 crop.

As for Brady Quinn, who cares?

Really? It's not 2006? The Bills haven't played a game yet?

Is NFL.Com, ESPN.com, CBS Sportline.com, BuffaloBills.com, lying to us? It says JP has 3 years of experience.

JP could also (which is more likely) turn out to be the worst of the 2004 crop.

Bills fan will care when Brady Quinn is there for the picking.

Owned, Thank you, come again.

Philagape
08-15-2006, 11:14 AM
Man I'm so glad I have the JP-hating trolls on ignore. Based on what I see in quoted posts, the arguments just get more ******ed. They really are in their own little world.

LtBillsFan66
08-15-2006, 11:15 AM
Man I'm so glad I have the JP-hating trolls on ignore. Based on what I see in quoted posts, the arguments just get more ******ed. They really are in their own little world.
Can you read this? I've change my mind about JP.

Patrick76777
08-15-2006, 11:16 AM

LMAO. Same here!

Philagape
08-15-2006, 11:17 AM
Can you read this? I've change my mind about JP.

You were never on it :D

LtBillsFan66
08-15-2006, 11:18 AM
You were never on it :D
:phew:

JP sucks.

:jk:

Philagape
08-15-2006, 11:25 AM
There's a difference between people who have understandable reservations about JP and those who simply hate him. The former can change their minds. The latter are consumed in their own little worlds where they'll say anything against JP no matter how stupid or irrelevant it is. I put the latter on ignore because, in terms of intelligence and substance, their posts are the equivalent of a barking dog. Who would try to engage a barking dog in conversation?

Patrick76777
08-15-2006, 11:26 AM
There's a difference between people who have understandable reservations about JP and those who simply hate him. The former can change their minds. The latter are consumed in their own little worlds where they'll say anything against JP no matter how stupid or irrelevant it is. I put the latter on ignore because, in terms of intelligence and substance, their posts are the equivalent of a barking dog. Who would try to engage a barking dog in conversation?

I got destroyed for saying that I may change my mind in this thread. crazy.

Philagape
08-15-2006, 11:34 AM
I got destroyed for saying that I may change my mind in this thread. crazy.

And I respect that.

ICE74129
08-15-2006, 11:55 AM

JP Losman or Brady Quinn? Losman hands down

THATHURMANATOR
08-15-2006, 12:35 PM
Losman hands down
Losman Hands up here!

LtBillsFan66
08-15-2006, 12:36 PM
I have my hands a little more than half way down.

THATHURMANATOR
08-15-2006, 12:39 PM
You have mid range hands for JP then! That is respectable!!

LtBillsFan66
08-15-2006, 12:44 PM
You have mid range hands for JP then! That is respectable!!
I'm sort of flopping them up and down depending on good or bad reports.

THATHURMANATOR
08-15-2006, 12:46 PM
I think Tackling dummy has hands going up and down for Brady Quinn... :ill:

LtBillsFan66
08-15-2006, 12:47 PM
I think Tackling dummy has hads going up and down for Brady Quinn... :ill:
:rofl:

Iehoshua
08-15-2006, 12:47 PM
I'm sort of flopping them up and down depending on good or bad reports.
http://www.drugantibus.it/uploaded_images/john-kerry-750477.jpg

THATHURMANATOR
08-15-2006, 12:48 PM
:bf1:

LtBillsFan66
08-15-2006, 12:48 PM
http://www.drugantibus.it/uploaded_images/john-kerry-750477.jpg
Great analogy!

billsburgh
08-15-2006, 12:56 PM
Another vote for Quinn.
wrong. talking out of your ass again.

jmb1099
08-15-2006, 04:22 PM
Really? It's not 2006? The Bills haven't played a game yet?

Is NFL.Com, ESPN.com, CBS Sportline.com, BuffaloBills.com, lying to us? It says JP has 3 years of experience.

JP could also (which is more likely) turn out to be the worst of the 2004 crop.

Bills fan will care when Brady Quinn is there for the picking.

Owned, Thank you, come again.
Its posts like this that are making you the least credible poster on the Zone. This is a classic example of how someone can mislead people with stats. Well for fear of sounding as much a broken record as you do, I will simply remind you that there is a vast difference between experience and on field expierence. Now to answer your question: I'd take losman over quinn. Nothing against quinn, Losman is improving and will continue to do so now that it appears he is being developed properly.

Philagape
08-15-2006, 04:27 PM
When someone uses stats that have no bearing on reality, it's either an amazingly stupid or biased thing to do. Or both. The only thing such an argument "owns" is no intelligence.