Clear All
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Suggs fails physical, trade off

Jets-Browns trade voided after RB Suggs fails physical

Aug. 15, 2006
    CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. -- Running back Lee Suggs failed his physical with the New York Jets on Tuesday, voiding his trade from Cleveland.

"It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion
  • Iehoshua
    • Jan 2003

Re: Suggs fails physical, trade off

Hopefully the Jests don't go get someone good now. Suggs didn't scare me at all.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

what's john riggins doing these days?
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Darth Takeo
        Hopefully the Jests don't go get someone good now. Suggs didn't scare me at all.
        I wouldn't worry too much about that. There aren't too many good RB's up for grabs, and even if the Jets do find one, they'll have to pay heavily for it and it will hurt their team in some other area.

The Jets are doing us a huge favor this year- they're so bad that we should be able to avoid being last in the division without much of a problem.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• bigbub2352
          • Feb 2005

i dont think he retired but i believe that Stephan Davis is still available..
          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• billsburgh
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
            I wouldn't worry too much about that. There aren't too many good RB's up for grabs, and even if the Jets do find one, they'll have to pay heavily for it and it will hurt their team in some other area.

The Jets are doing us a huge favor this year- they're so bad that we should be able to avoid being last in the division without much of a problem.
            we should get to see a win at the home opener then.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

The worst thing the Jets did was letting LaMont Jordan walk. I knew it would come back to bite them in the ass.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                • Aug 2003

Leon Washington will have a decent year for them if tehy give him a chance

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
                  The worst thing the Jets did was letting LaMont Jordan walk. I knew it would come back to bite them in the ass.
                  Yeah, I guess they thought Curtis Martin was going to last forever.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
                    Closet Bills Fan
                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                    Yeah, I guess they thought Curtis Martin was going to last forever.
                    it wasn't that..... terry bradway was so hellbent on trying to keep abraham, when he was clearly not wanting to play in NY, especially after franchising him 2 times in a row. and when it came down to the money, they picked j-abraham, instead of lamont.

in retrospect, its saving us money, but in the near term it will make for a long long seaons.

as far as i know though, stephen davis is available, and the jets are looking into trading for chris brown at tennesee, and a few other players that may have an expendable RB.

of course they are keeping their nose to the grindstone on the waiver lines too.

j-e-t-s
                    jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                      what's john riggins doing these days?

Comment

• RedEyE
                        • Jul 2002

The Bills are going to have to cut a back or two. The best thing they could do at this point is hold onto them as long as possible so that the Jets can't scoop them up.

I just can't help but get a warm fuzzy feeling when I look at the Bills depth at RB.

We should defintily see McGahee, Gates, and Thomas on the final roster. Shelton and Ricard should also remain on as FB.

Goldsberry = practice squad
                        Both Shaud Williams and Joe Burns are excellent special team players as well as adequate depth on the running squad. I don't know if either one of them will make the final cut.

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
                          The Bills are going to have to cut a back or two. The best thing they could do at this point is hold onto them as long as possible so that the Jets can't scoop them up.

I just can't help but get a warm fuzzy feeling when I look at the Bills depth at RB.

We should defintily see McGahee, Gates, and Thomas on the final roster. Shelton and Ricard should also remain on as FB.

Goldsberry = practice squad
                          Both Shaud Williams and Joe Burns are excellent special team players as well as adequate depth on the running squad. I don't know if either one of them will make the final cut.
                          Good post! I totally agree.

Comment

Working...
                          X