PDA

View Full Version : Jp gets eaten alive by bengals starters

l394l
08-15-2006, 04:13 PM
i hate to even say it, but my prediction is that JP will not be successful starting in the preseason game on friday. I could imagine him having a hard time with the starters (maybe even close to looking as bad as holcomb did). and then his dissapointing start will even him back up with holcomb and nall and he will no longer have the advantage in the QB competition.

Pray that i'm wrong. but i just remember last year. him doing decent and then looking like a different person.

GOOOOOO JP!

L.A. Playa
08-15-2006, 04:15 PM
if that happens then the bills are in real trouble the Bengals Defense is not that strong especially without Thurmann and Oneal

Philagape
08-15-2006, 04:17 PM
All indications are he has improved from last year.

Jan Reimers
08-15-2006, 04:23 PM
The one way to make sure JP gets better and more consistent is to LET HIM PLAY.

jmb1099
08-15-2006, 04:24 PM
He might, he might not. One thing we know for sure is that we will not be running a complicated system when we play. I'll predict the opposite, Jp will continue to improve as will the rest of the team.

Iehoshua
08-15-2006, 04:26 PM
The one way to make sure JP gets better and more consistent is to LET HIM PLAY.
Trying to rationalize with someone who is running on hate is futile.

feelthepain
08-15-2006, 04:29 PM
I think this is exactly why Holcomb got the nod over JP in Carolina. IMO, the Bills are trying to instill confidence.....Not to be confused with ego, in JP's game and if he starts against two rock solid D's and comes up shooting blanks, then he will be further behind mentally (which I think is his biggest weakness). I think JP has been the Bills only thought from day one with Juron and Levy. He's a number one pick and he is their biggest investment at the QB position. But JP has issues and he needs to work through them, so they run the risk of setting him further behind by feeding him to the wolves, so to speak.

I think the Bills are in serious trouble at the QB position unless JP all of a sudden rises to the occasion and starts tearing it up. So far it hasn't happened, not in any game be it preseason or regular season. He's shown flashes, but nothing that allows you to exhale and relax. The only thing I can figure is maybe since no team likes to show their hand before the season the play calling is vanilla and JP really doesn't have much to work with. But at this point none of you can be thrilled with what JP showed in his nearly 4 qtrs. of football against sub par competition.

I don't say this with disrespect to the Bill fans or your team, just an observation.

Iehoshua
08-15-2006, 04:31 PM
Every team, on paper, is one injury away from serious trouble at the QB position...

...unless you're the 2001 Patriots.

...or the current Cowboys!
:rofl:

L.A. Playa
08-15-2006, 04:33 PM
let him play, its preseason and honestly an incomplete pass in preseason maybe better than a completed pass, a succesful gain doesnt always equal a succesful play and a play that gains no yards doesnt always equal a niegative play

In pre season it is about making the proper decisions and reads and that doesnt always show up in a stat line or a scoreboard

feelthepain
08-15-2006, 04:34 PM
Every team, on paper, is one injury away from serious trouble at the QB position...

...unless you're the 2001 Patriots.

...or the current Cowboys!
:rofl:

Bledsoe hater!!!:)

ICE74129
08-15-2006, 04:34 PM
Trying to rationalize with someone who is running on hate is futile.

Exacly. I love seeing the JP haters scramble and grasp for straws

feelthepain
08-15-2006, 04:35 PM
let him play, its preseason and honestly an incomplete pass in preseason maybe better than a completed pass, a succesful gain doesnt always equal a succesful play and a play that gains no yards doesnt always equal a niegative play

In pre season it is about making the proper decisions and reads and that doesnt always show up in a stat line or a scoreboard

Plus as with any team there is far more to evaluate then the QB.

Iehoshua
08-15-2006, 04:36 PM
Bledsoe hater!!!:)

:bravo:

I hate losers. Bledsoe is a loser.

Put 2 and 2 together! The shoe fits!

:D

feelthepain
08-15-2006, 04:39 PM

I hear ya! I feel the same about Fiedler.

justasportsfan
08-15-2006, 05:08 PM
i hate to even say it, but my prediction is that JP will not be successful starting in the preseason game on friday. !
I wouldn't be surprised at all. The bengals could easily hold his family hostage.

Seriously speaking, it'll be hard for any qb playing on this team to pick things up right away because of the amount of snaps our qb's have taken because of the qb competition. Not enough.

SABURZFAN
08-15-2006, 05:10 PM
i hate to even say it, but my prediction is that JP will not be successful starting in the preseason game on friday. I could imagine him having a hard time with the starters (maybe even close to looking as bad as holcomb did). and then his dissapointing start will even him back up with holcomb and nall and he will no longer have the advantage in the QB competition.

Pray that i'm wrong. but i just remember last year. him doing decent and then looking like a different person.

GOOOOOO JP!

congrats.your first post gets a neg.

a groan will follow.

TacklingDummy
08-15-2006, 05:14 PM

You must also hate Losman. 1-7 as starter.

gil
08-15-2006, 05:14 PM
I worried about JP starting slow again in the Bengals game - but so what if he does? I think he'll get it going and I doubt he's going to go 4 drives (like Holcomb) with the 1st team offense and go 2 for 4 with an INT for TD.

Holcomb set the bar pretty low, but I think JP will still widen the gap even further.

Dozerdog
08-15-2006, 05:15 PM

GOOOOOO JP!If we go by what happened last year, Holcomb will look like Dan Marino and throw for 300 yards

North_Coast
08-15-2006, 05:22 PM
I thought the Bengals were a bunch of felons or felons-in-training not cannibals!

L.A. Playa
08-15-2006, 05:24 PM
there is alot more you have to look at in a football game than stats I used to coach a football team in an electric football league so I know these things

L.A. Playa
08-15-2006, 05:25 PM
how i miss those days

http://www.mrtoys.com/miggle-toys/pics/Deluxe-Electric-Football.jpg

bflojohn
08-15-2006, 05:31 PM
Did anyone find the irony in a Fin fan pontificating about J.P. "NOT" lighting it up yet, but his most electric performance to date was 3, uh, yes 3 TD's in ONE quarter against his team! WOW!! You better hope that isn't a sign of future Bills/ Dolphins games, my friend!

TacklingDummy
08-15-2006, 05:34 PM
Did anyone find the irony in a Fin fan pontificating about J.P. "NOT" lighting it up yet, but his most electric performance to date was 3, uh, yes 3 TD's in ONE quarter against his team! WOW!! You better hope that isn't a sign of future Bills/ Dolphins games, my friend!

Dude, who won the game?

Your right, I hope that it's not a sign of the future.

dplus47
08-15-2006, 05:52 PM

travares tillman and norman lejeune were the starting safeties in that game, btw. i think you know a little something about tillman here at BZ.

feelthepain
08-15-2006, 07:08 PM

The sun shines on even the ugliest dogs butt from time to time. One qtr in one game??? Nahhhh, doesn't bother me a bit. JP has a long ways to go before I worry about him.

Drive 4 Five
08-15-2006, 07:56 PM
I think this is exactly why Holcomb got the nod over JP in Carolina. IMO, the Bills are trying to instill confidence.....Not to be confused with ego, in JP's game and if he starts against two rock solid D's and comes up shooting blanks, then he will be further behind mentally (which I think is his biggest weakness). I think JP has been the Bills only thought from day one with Juron and Levy. He's a number one pick and he is their biggest investment at the QB position. But JP has issues and he needs to work through them, so they run the risk of setting him further behind by feeding him to the wolves, so to speak.

I think the Bills are in serious trouble at the QB position unless JP all of a sudden rises to the occasion and starts tearing it up. So far it hasn't happened, not in any game be it preseason or regular season. He's shown flashes, but nothing that allows you to exhale and relax. The only thing I can figure is maybe since no team likes to show their hand before the season the play calling is vanilla and JP really doesn't have much to work with. But at this point none of you can be thrilled with what JP showed in his nearly 4 qtrs. of football against sub par competition.

I don't say this with disrespect to the Bill fans or your team, just an observation.

:up:

WTF bro? More insightful, respectful, unbiased threads from FTP? What is the world coming to? I think you've made a very interesting point and could not agree more. And yes, many of us are not thrilled but we are encouraged by what we have seen. Excellent post bro. It's like you are two different people. Keep it up.

Drive 4 Five
08-15-2006, 08:01 PM
The sun shines on even the ugliest dogs butt from time to time. One qtr in one game??? Nahhhh, doesn't bother me a bit. JP has a long ways to go before I worry about him.

I guess this explains your revival? You know your jaw was on the ground when Losman was shredding your defense to the tune of 3 TD's in one Qtr. You guys got lucky with that comeback. You can thank your good buddy Mike Mularkey for that. It wasn't Losman's fault his idiot coach called a pass on 1st & goal from the 1 when his team is up three scores. But you guys will learn this soon enough. We'll see whose laughing then.

:respect:

YardRat
08-15-2006, 08:17 PM
I'm not predicting anything, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if the QB competition isn't tightened up after this game.

I'm really looking forward to see how JP performs against Cinci's first-stringers.

jmb1099
08-15-2006, 08:22 PM
I'm not predicting anything, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if the QB competition isn't tightened up after this game.

I'm really looking forward to see how JP performs against Cinci's first-stringers.
Me too. I suspect he may look shaky at first but then settle down and find a balance. But who knows, I hope so anyway, time will tell.

feelthepain
08-15-2006, 09:09 PM
I guess this explains your revival? You know your jaw was on the ground when Losman was shredding your defense to the tune of 3 TD's in one Qtr. You guys got lucky with that comeback. You can thank your good buddy Mike Mularkey for that. It wasn't Losman's fault his idiot coach called a pass on 1st & goal from the 1 when his team is up three scores. But you guys will learn this soon enough. We'll see whose laughing then.

:respect:

I was definately shocked to see three scores on the board that fast, I thought the route was on. But he didn't do squat the rest of the game or since from what I've seen. He's shown flashes as I said before, but nothin that sacres anyone to this point. I could change we will see.

PromoTheRobot
08-15-2006, 09:14 PM

GOOOOOO JP!
You're assuming the Bengals starters will be on parole by gametime.

PTR

TigerJ
08-15-2006, 09:15 PM

I'm not predicting anything, and I won't really be surprised by anything. I'm hoping the first post in this thread is dead wrong. If he's right, it doesn't mean JP is finished, but success versus the Bengals would be evidence that JP has really taken the bull by the horns and decided he's going to hold on to the starting role. That's not to say it guarantees a winning season or anything of the sort, but it could just set the stage for Buffalo surprising some teams this year.

feelthepain
08-15-2006, 09:29 PM
:up:

WTF bro? More insightful, respectful, unbiased threads from FTP? What is the world coming to? I think you've made a very interesting point and could not agree more. And yes, many of us are not thrilled but we are encouraged by what we have seen. Excellent post bro. It's like you are two different people. Keep it up.

Nahh, I'm the same. it's just Bill fans aren't trashing the Fins like last year and I don't come here to talk trash . I come here to talk football, however when rival fans say stupid unrealistic things, I speak up, from there it's just a snowball effect. Anyways if your repsectful to me, I'll be respectful to you. You notice I'm not here talking trash or looking for fights because I don't enjoy it. I'm respectful to a division rival and their fans because we all know no matter how bad a team may be in any given year, divisional games are always tuff. Thanks for the porps Bro.