PDA

View Full Version : The Bills should use some of the money on contract extensions...

Michael82
02-21-2003, 06:07 PM
I was just checking out some player information on NFLPA.org and I found some interesting things. We don't have to worry about too many players next year...but 2005 will be the killer year.

Here's what I found....

2004 Free Agents
1. Antoine Winfield (Must try to re-sign this offseason to keep him with Nate Clements for years to come.)
2. Marques Sullivan (Looks pretty good and will be a solid guard for many year, MUST re-sign!)
3. Larry Centers (Getting up there in age and this will probably be his last year)
4. Ron Edwards (He is starting to develop to become a solid dlineman.)
5. Brandon Spoon (He had a good rookie season, but was on IR all last year...we may want to see what he does this year, before we work on a deal with him)

2005 Free Agents
1. Travis Henry (Will be the one guy to build the offense around. MUST Re-Sign)
2. Pat Williams (Future Pro Bowler and will be a force next to another big DT, MUST Re-Sign)
3. Aaron Schobel (Our best DL that we have right now and will be a solid DE. Must Re-Sign)
4. Jonas Jennings (Future Pro Bowler and will be a great RT for many year. Must Re-Sign)
5. Dave Moore (He is a good TE and if he can do more of what he did in Tampa, then he should be extended.)

The_Philster
02-21-2003, 06:55 PM
Get Antoine extended this offseason. Try working on Sullivan around camp.

SoCalBillsFan
02-21-2003, 06:56 PM
looks like 2005 will be a big year for us, gotta keep a lot of those guys.

Michael82
02-21-2003, 07:17 PM
Winfield said last year that he would love to be signed to an extension and said if he doesn't get one before this season...he won't be able to guarantee his staying in Buffalo. He wants to stay...but I think he wants an extension now or never. :D

kgun12
02-21-2003, 09:44 PM
2005 isn't as bad as it looks Mike Schobel, Jennings, Henry will be restricted FA's. Same in 04 Williams, Sullivan and Spoon all RFA's, the Big one there is Winfield. TD will get it done!

BufBlue4ever60
02-21-2003, 09:50 PM
Id get Winfield done before camp. Wait on Sullivan untill after the season. Ditto on Jennings. Id try to get Travis contract redone sometime during the season.

justasportsfan
02-21-2003, 10:25 PM
Right now I'm so hungry for a SB win I don't care if we lose them all as long as we win 1 SB before that time comes.

Michael82
02-26-2003, 05:00 PM
:feedback: