PDA

View Full Version : Williams Unseats Anderson at NT

gil
08-15-2006, 05:22 PM
KW Fan will be happy...

Kyle Williams impressive debut performance in the Bills first preseason game has only accelerated his ascent up the depth chart. Williams who was earning first team reps in Buffalo's nickel package prior to the Carolina game, is now getting first team reps in Buffalo's base package replacing Tim Anderson. Bills head coach Dick Jauron was reluctant to call Williams a member of the starting lineup likely out of respect for the veteran Anderson. "Really the way I look at our defense is we don't have guys who are going to play in a rotation and they might play equal time," said Jauron.

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3992

Philagape
08-15-2006, 05:30 PM
:bf1:

L.A. Playa
08-15-2006, 05:31 PM
nice to see once again players are being rewarded upon performance

shelby
08-15-2006, 05:31 PM
Great news!!:up:

:gobills:

Tatonka
08-15-2006, 05:46 PM
great news.. how can anyone not be excited about what they saw from his debute.. if only we could get value like him out of all our second day picks!

don137
08-15-2006, 06:01 PM
Looks like they used the pick the got for Moulds wisely!!

Jan Reimers
08-15-2006, 06:10 PM
The guy was an absolute steal in the 5th round. I think Youboty and Simpson will also prove to be great values in the 3rd and 4th rounds, as well. Whitner could very well be a star, McCargo should be a good player, and Butler just might be a starter by next season.

Sometimes it pays to pass on the glamor guys in the draft, and just take good football players.

OpIv37
08-15-2006, 06:13 PM
as I've been saying for a year, Anderson sucks. Glad they found a replacement.

L.A. Playa
08-15-2006, 06:14 PM
Mel Kiper doesnt know all, just all that he gets right

deathadder
08-15-2006, 08:44 PM
"Really the way I look at our defense is we don't have guys who are going to play in a rotation and they might play equal time," said Jauron.

That is such a geat quote. Jauron knows how to speak to media.

YardRat
08-15-2006, 08:46 PM
I hope the young guys can continue to make plays against Cincinnati. It would be a very good sign for this years draft.

Kerr
08-15-2006, 09:23 PM
Very good. Williams could have a chance to win defensive rookie of the year if he keeps it up into the regular season.

Mitchy moo
08-16-2006, 12:22 AM
OP, as I said before we have variables that should come through. Shoring up the NT would change opposing teams gameplans.

WNYnut
08-16-2006, 12:29 AM
best Bills news I've heard in over a year...Anderson is worthless in my opinion. he gets pushed around like no defensive lineman ever should!!!

Meathead
08-16-2006, 03:48 AM
oh great now thats three white guys starting on the dl

SquishDaFish
08-16-2006, 05:11 AM
We finally have a coaching staff with some balls. That is what motivates the players to play thier best. If you play good you get promoted plain and simple.

LifetimeBillsFan
08-16-2006, 05:46 AM
Williams deserved the promotion and I'm glad he got it. I like the way that this coaching staff is going about its business so far--things like this will help to motivate the players and send a strong message to the guys who are not getting the job done and need to pick their games up. Also, it is good that they didn't just make a move at QB but at a couple of other positions as well.

After the way that Williams played on Saturday, I couldn't help thinking about how the Bills debated taking him in the 4th Round but decided that they couldn't pass up Simpson and then ended up getting Williams in the 5th anyway. I know that Williams is considered undersized, but, considering the dearth of quality, high-character DTs in this year's draft, it really is surprising that he lasted as long as he did. He could really turn out to be a key player for this Bills defense.

patmoran2006
08-16-2006, 07:24 AM
While I still think this team is going to blow balls, record-wise this year.. This draft has the potential to go down as one of the best in Bills history..

There aint a player we took in the first five rounds that I dont think wont be a good pro.

Captain gameboy
08-16-2006, 07:49 AM
"Unseating" is a word I hope to see a lot of this preseason.

ICE74129
08-16-2006, 08:33 AM
That is such a geat quote. Jauron knows how to speak to media.

Its a token crap quote. Even Dungy, you know the guy that made the tampa cover 2 famous, has STARTERS. The other guys rotate in to give them rest and keep the attack coming, but there ARE STARTERS.

I think its stupid how DJ keeps up this 'competition' and 'they all rotate' BS. He is the John Kerry of coaches.

ICE74129
08-16-2006, 08:34 AM
We finally have a coaching staff with some balls. That is what motivates the players to play thier best. If you play good you get promoted plain and simple.

If they had balls they would name starters and not beat around the issue. You can always fight to unseat a starter but by the end of this weekend he needs to start putting PEN, not pencil, to his depth chart

ICE74129
08-16-2006, 08:35 AM
oh great now thats three white guys starting on the dl

so?

Saratoga Slim
08-16-2006, 09:03 AM
The guy was an absolute steal in the 5th round. I think Youboty and Simpson will also prove to be great values in the 3rd and 4th rounds, as well. Whitner could very well be a star, McCargo should be a good player, and Butler just might be a starter by next season.

Sometimes it pays to pass on the glamor guys in the draft, and just take good football players.

I agree with everything you've said above. If McCargo starts generating some buzz, I will be very energized about the 2006 draft.

Lone Stranger
08-16-2006, 12:17 PM
Beating out Anderson is no great accomplishment....the guy's a bum. I'm more concerned that McCargo didn't show much.

bigbub2352
08-16-2006, 12:29 PM
I am glad this has happened i dont think i could stomach watching Tim Anderson get pushed around, he is constantly 5 yards off the ball and he is awful at the pass rush, McCargo also showed alot of potential and i think we got the makings of two strong interior lineman here