X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Chris Brown's blog today

LOSMAN'S DAY: It was tough to determine whether or not Losman's footwork was again a problem with respect to his accuracy. There was one pass intended for Roscoe, that J.P. read late, but still tried to get there. But it was behind Parrish and went incomplete. He put too much air under the ball that was intercepted. He also led Jonathan Smith just a hair too much on a deep out. Again these are some of the inconsistencies that will crop up from time to time. He's got eight starts under his belt. He might need at least 8 more in the NFL regular season before those become less and less frequent. What was encouraging was he stayed after practice Tuesday to work on some of the routes that he missed during practice. And he got most of the top receivers to run the routes for him again so his timing would be consistent with what he sees in practice from them. He hooked up with Peerless Price on a 40 yard go route down the right sideline and worked the short game with a couple of other top receivers. He might not have it all down right now, but he's working extra toward that end.---------------------------------------What I'm wondering is whether he asked the top receivers to run routes for him or Fairchild made them to do that. It was well documented that Losman went to WI to work with Evans in the off-season a year ago but he could not get Moulds and other vets to work with him. Maybe he starts to get some respect?
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Re: Chris Brown's blog today

i hope so. He's got the dedication and the drive, and he really wants to improve his performance.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

I saw Monday nights and todays practice.

It was sunny but very windy today. Windy and raining last night. Losman had some misses but made many a nice throw, far better than his competition. Many of these passes, remember, are drills and not the actual gameplan Losman will call. Strong plays are noted and the gameplan is formed.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ibatiger
        Geaux Bills!
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Night Train
        I saw Monday nights and todays practice.

It was sunny but very windy today. Windy and raining last night. Losman had some misses but made many a nice throw, far better than his competition. Many of these passes, remember, are drills and not the actual gameplan Losman will call. Strong plays are noted and the gameplan is formed.
        His competition hasn't been cleared for 11 on 11 yet.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
          Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
          It was well documented that Losman went to WI to work with Evans in the off-season a year ago but he could not get Moulds and other vets to work with him. Maybe he starts to get some respect?
          where is this documented?

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by ibatiger
            His competition hasn't been cleared for 11 on 11 yet.
            His competion being 1 pass good, 1 pass bad Nall ? I saw plenty of him the last 2 days to say that.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
              His competion being 1 pass good, 1 pass bad Nall ? I saw plenty of him the last 2 days to say that.
              Nall is going to have to shake some rust off after his injury. I honestly don't think he has time to really show anything. The only QB competition left for QB is for the #2 spot, unless Losman plays himself out of his starting role.
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
              X