PDA

View Full Version : Falcons Cleared $9 mil in cap space...

Romes
02-21-2003, 06:53 PM
possibly creating room for Price?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1512362.html

The primary component of the moves, however, was cap-related. The team will save $3.125 million by releasing Ambrose, $2.6 million on Jefferson, and $3.3 million on Dronett. Total cap savings: $9.025 million

Someone said, that with the Brookings deal the Falcons don't have money to make a deal for Price. Well, now they have more than enough room.

Bufftp
02-21-2003, 07:05 PM
wnsa reported hey are going to make a move for a trade.

Michael82
02-21-2003, 07:11 PM
I saw that too! They must be REALLY interested! WOO HOO!! Eat your heart out, Wys! :D

Mr. Miyagi
02-21-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Bufftp
wnsa reported hey are going to make a move for a trade.
I don't know what we would want from them as a trade. Their 1st round pick is way in the bottom. There's no one on their team that pops out at me.

Any suggestions?

Mr. Miyagi
02-21-2003, 08:17 PM
But the one big warning sign is that they did cut a WR, possibly making room for Price.

Romes
02-21-2003, 08:20 PM
There first round pick is still 25 picks before our first pick. I think Price is worth moving up 25 spots.

Tatonka
02-21-2003, 08:29 PM
i think the trade will involve more than one pick... or a pick and a player.. if it happens at all..

Billz_fan
02-21-2003, 08:45 PM
Interesting :up:

maybe time to venture over to the Falcons board and see what the rumor mill is churning out :D

Brian H
02-21-2003, 08:48 PM
Only one on that team I would want is Brooking but the deal he was given means he's staying put which sux!

TigerJ
02-21-2003, 10:18 PM
Both TD and GW are playing dumb. Either they have no thoughts of trading PP, or, more likely, they just have no intentions of tipping their hand. All they've said about PP is how important he is not only to the offence, but the whole team. I'm not sure how much more than the 23rd spot in round 1 the Bills can hope to get for PP. After all, it was not that long ago that people were talking about letting him test free agency where all Buffalo would have gotten would be a (3rd round?) compensatory pick next year. Various mocks have anywhere from 4 to 7 (I even saw one I think where 8) DTs have been picked in round one. The 23rd pick in the draft would not put Buffalo in a position to draft Kennedy, Robertson, or Joseph, but they would have better odds of getting one of that top group of seven or eight (Kevin Williams, Johnathon Sullivan, Kenny Peterson, Rein Long, Ty Warren). That's better than we could have done otherwise.

ublinkwescore
02-22-2003, 10:06 AM
I'd love to see us get two first rounders for Price, but... I'd also love to see us keep him - either way, we win.

Halbert
02-22-2003, 10:10 AM
There's a couple of other players on that defense we certainly could use. It's not all just Wade.

Mr. Miyagi
02-22-2003, 11:03 AM
Just heard John Clayton said that TD would probably trade Price to Atlanta for nothing more than their 1st rounder.

Can't believe Price is worth that little. I'd ask for a 1st rounder AND a later rounder, at least.

The_Philster
02-22-2003, 12:29 PM
What he's worth and what we could get are two different things though. Although I do think we could get better than the #23 overall pick. I'd think a top 10, at least.

Novacane
02-22-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
Just heard John Clayton said that TD would probably trade Price to Atlanta for nothing more than their 1st rounder.

Can't believe Price is worth that little. I'd ask for a 1st rounder AND a later rounder, at least.

A first rounder is a heck of a lot more than the nothing we would have gotten if he had just gone a FA.

TD has pretty much said he is not going to pay Peerless the money he wants. If he can get a first rounder for him instead of nothing I think he is a genius!

ublinkwescore
02-22-2003, 11:00 PM
Will Boss Bailey be around by pick #23?

If it's likely, then I say we go for him, or (only if he's still there - the DT that tops TD's board for the DT position).

If there's no chance that both will be there, then I say we don't trade with Atlanta if that is all we can get. I'd say we use Price as bait for a team that needs a WR more, and had a worse season then Atlanta.

The_Philster
02-23-2003, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
I'd say we use Price as bait for a team that needs a WR more, and had a worse season then Atlanta.

:eek: I agree with this. Price is worth at least a top 10 pick

Romes
02-23-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
I'd say we use Price as bait for a team that needs a WR more, and had a worse season then Atlanta.

I agree, I mean of course we go for the best pick we can get. But if Atlanta is the only one offering I had be happy to trade with them.

Novacane
02-23-2003, 12:32 PM
Romes is right on! Of couse TD should try and get all he can but if it comes down to Atlanta's #23 being the best offer, thats still a good deal for us!

BFBills
02-23-2003, 05:08 PM
Here is peerless for yah!

venis2k1
02-23-2003, 05:53 PM
I would like to see peerless go to atlanta, I think that with Price, atlanta would be a legitimate SB contender. They have a good D, they have a great QB, and with a good WR they can be good. And if we can get Boss Bailey out of the deal....

Ebenezer
02-23-2003, 06:06 PM
Nobody is going to move out of the top 10 for Peerless Price. A team drafting that high needs more help than inserting a Peerless Price will bring. The only teams willing to give up a first rounder are going to be in a position to add a player and make a serious run. Stop thinking PP is a top 10 commodity. Any GM making that trade would be fired tomorrow. Getting the 23rd pick in exchange for PP would be fine. Anything on top of that is gravy.

venis2k1
02-23-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
Nobody is going to move out of the top 10 for Peerless Price. A team drafting that high needs more help than inserting a Peerless Price will bring. The only teams willing to give up a first rounder are going to be in a position to add a player and make a serious run. Stop thinking PP is a top 10 commodity. Any GM making that trade would be fired tomorrow. Getting the 23rd pick in exchange for PP would be fine. Anything on top of that is gravy.

I agree, I still cant belive we might get a first round pick this year for almost nothing...:afro:

Gunzlingr
02-23-2003, 08:17 PM
Are there any ex-oiler/Titan players in Atlanta? GW will want to trade straight up if there is one.