PDA

View Full Version : A-train as trade bait?

TigerJ
08-15-2006, 10:18 PM
We know that the Jets might be hurting at running back if Curtis Martin can't come back and play. Buffalo is pretty deep at RB. Gates looks like he might beat out A-train for the back-up spot even though A-traibn has also had a pretty good camp. So here's the question. Is there anything that could make you consider a trade with the Jets, a division rival that looks like they don't have much chance to be competitive in the division this year? Do the Jets have a player you would want in a trade? Surely not the cornerback the Jets offered Cleveland in the now voided Lee Suggs trade. Maybe depth at offensive line? Defensive line?

LtBillsFan66
08-15-2006, 10:20 PM
No friggin way.

OpIv37
08-15-2006, 10:23 PM
4th on the depth chart is a good place for Shaud.

Why would we help out a division rival?

They'll pick up someone else's cut (maybe even one of ours) and that's good for us.

Kerr
08-15-2006, 10:23 PM
I can't anyone on there who's not a starter that would interest the team.

Dr. Lecter
08-15-2006, 10:26 PM
If Marv thinks the Jets would pick him up, why not get something for him if he can?

Even a 7th round pick is better than nothing.

HHURRICANE
08-15-2006, 10:28 PM
We know that the Jets might be hurting at running back if Curtis Martin can't come back and play. Buffalo is pretty deep at RB. Gates looks like he might beat out A-train for the back-up spot even though A-traibn has also had a pretty good camp. So here's the question. Is there anything that could make you consider a trade with the Jets, a division rival that looks like they don't have much chance to be competitive in the division this year? Do the Jets have a player you would want in a trade? Surely not the cornerback the Jets offered Cleveland in the now voided Lee Suggs trade. Maybe depth at offensive line? Defensive line?

I have no problem with this but I don't think the Jets have anybody we want. Plus A-train is really a backup and not a starting RB. I would trade Shaud for anybody breathing. I really think he's a waste of a roster spot!!

clumping platelets
08-15-2006, 10:38 PM
:no:

THATHURMANATOR
08-15-2006, 10:38 PM
Why would we help the Jets? Plus I doubt we would get anything of consequence for the Stink train...

BillsFever21
08-15-2006, 10:46 PM
You guys are acting like we have Ladanian Tomlinson on our hands.

We could barely get anything(if anything) and even if we did they're not that good that they're gonna make a difference on how the Jets would finish the season.

Every other team has junk for backup RB's too. Just because it's the Bills junk doesn't make them any better.

Tatonka
08-15-2006, 11:06 PM
um.. the jets were just willing to give up former first round pick, derrick straight, for lee friggen suggs.. mr. always hurt, never done anything, 4th round pick suggs..

the jets are very desperate.. if you think they wouldnt be interested in a guy like thomas, your nuts. i bet you 100$ that they if he was cut right now, they would pick him up immediately.

if atrain is going to be our 3rd running back, he serves no purpose for us.. i just as soon see us trade him to the jets for a player we could use (i dont know if they have any) then see us cut him.. i would be just as happy to see us keep shaud and let atrain go if we could get something for him, because i am not as down on the guy as some here are.

BillsFever21
08-15-2006, 11:14 PM
um.. the jets were just willing to give up former first round pick, derrick straight, for lee friggen suggs.. mr. always hurt, never done anything, 4th round pick suggs..

the jets are very desperate.. if you think they wouldnt be interested in a guy like thomas, your nuts. i bet you 100$ that they if he was cut right now, they would pick him up immediately.

if atrain is going to be our 3rd running back, he serves no purpose for us.. i just as soon see us trade him to the jets for a player we could use (i dont know if they have any) then see us cut him.. i would be just as happy to see us keep shaud and let atrain go if we could get something for him, because i am not as down on the guy as some here are.

Strait was a 3rd round pick without an interception or sack in a total of 21 starts. Not a 1st round pick. He isn't anything special either.

I didn't say they wouldn't have any interest in all. It's that some was acting like we have something special on our hands that no other team could give them. Thomas has averaged about 2.5 yards a carry over the last 2 years and 3 teams in that span.

Other teams have better options then him as their backup. He isn't anything special.

CuseJetsFan83
08-15-2006, 11:20 PM
as a jets fan, no i wouldnt want a-train............. mainly because of the bad blood that week 3 might have.....

strait is a decent CB but you guys have enough depth there

as far as DL we had some depth but we've had one DL go on the IR, and another quit the team....... OL-wise..... thats a laughable statement..

a-train or shaud will be the last cut

HHURRICANE
08-16-2006, 08:33 AM
The Steelers are lokking for a backup RB to replace Bettis who can pound the ball. I'll bet there backup OL's could start on our team!!

dannyek71
08-16-2006, 09:47 AM
Average RBs in this leage are sold down at the corner store. A dozen for 10 cents.

eyedog
08-16-2006, 09:53 AM
Sorry to burst the bubble but no team is giving any draft pick for either running back. Especially since one or both will be street free agents in another couple of weeks.

Bill Brasky
08-16-2006, 09:55 AM
no way in hell.

you don't trade to a division rival, especially one sitting in the basement with you.

HHURRICANE
08-16-2006, 09:57 AM
Average RBs in this leage are sold down at the corner store. A dozen for 10 cents.

A-train can get 20 cents.

FinFaninBuffalo
08-16-2006, 11:48 AM
no way in hell.

you don't trade to a division rival, especially one sitting in the basement with you.

Refer to the Bledsoe trade. Didn't seem to cripple the Pats or set up the Bills to compete with them.

The Bills should trade with whoever gives them the best offer. The Jets are not one player away (A-Train) from being a serious contender and the Bills have holes that need to be filled.

chernobylwraiths
08-16-2006, 11:50 AM
Maybe if we trade them Josh Reed with the Atrain and they promise to start him that will be enough of a gain?

Iehoshua
08-16-2006, 01:27 PM
Refer to the Bledsoe trade. Didn't seem to cripple the Pats or set up the Bills to compete with them.

The Drew trade was straight up highway robbery AND sabotage. The Pats literally stabbed the Bills franchise in the heart twice with that move. Brilliant on their part, horrible on ours.

BillsFever21
08-16-2006, 01:35 PM
The Drew trade was straight up highway robbery AND sabotage. The Pats literally stabbed the Bills franchise in the heart twice with that move. Brilliant on their part, horrible on ours.

It sure was. The Bills were so desperate to try and find a QB they gave up way too much. They were bidding against themselves into agreeing with first round compesation for a washed up loser like Bledsoe.

The only good it did for our franchise was get us national attention and some fans excited who didn't know the real Drew Bledsoe. It helped on ticket sales and getting our names mentioned more with the naitonal media. The bad part is it didn't help one bit in the standings and after the first 8 games of the Bledsoe era all the national attention we were still getting was from being laughed at by the team lead by Drew Bledsoe.

Iehoshua
08-16-2006, 01:53 PM
It sure was. The Bills were so desperate to try and find a QB they gave up way too much. They were bidding against themselves into agreeing with first round compesation for a washed up loser like Bledsoe.

The only good it did for our franchise was get us national attention and some fans excited who didn't know the real Drew Bledsoe. It helped on ticket sales and getting our names mentioned more with the naitonal media. The bad part is it didn't help one bit in the standings and after the first 8 games of the Bledsoe era all the national attention we were still getting was from being laughed at by the team lead by Drew Bledsoe.
I was one of those fans who got excited. What a letdown it was... (not to mention a waste of money on home AND away jerseys...)

:(

Perhaps that helps to explain the vendetta I have against Drewski! :snicker:

The man kills my team, heart, and wallet! I am totally justified! :D

JerseyBoofaloBills
08-16-2006, 01:53 PM
O-line maybe. D-line we're good on that. I mean Larry triplett and John Mcargo. PLUS Kyle Williams who's shown me some good stuff against Carolina. but IMO, i dont think we should trade A-train at all, i mean gates is lookin good, but if he gets hurt. who will back him up if we trade a-train? shaud williams. i say stick with the train no need for a trade.