PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Ticker: Posey A Redskin

LifetimeBillsFan
08-16-2006, 03:17 AM
I don't know if this was posted earlier by anyone--I didn't see it--but, surprise, surprise (sacasm), according to the ESPN ticker, Jeff Posey has signed with the Washington Redskins. "Triple G" Williams and Jerry Gray bring another ex-Bill to the 'Skins....

clumping platelets
08-16-2006, 03:37 AM
Too bad we couldn't have traded him and gotten something in return

YardRat
08-16-2006, 06:26 AM
Not surprising.

Mitchy moo
08-16-2006, 06:29 AM
I wish him the best of luck.

CuseJetsFan83
08-16-2006, 06:37 AM
i wish him luck as well, although i think the redskins are a team that is going no where. granted they have gibbs as the coach, and portis (pending he is healthy) they can build on the past few years, but from what i have seen with their roster moves, it really isn't anything to be afraid of, if anything its just more team parity.

Historian
08-16-2006, 06:54 AM
Any team thats associated in any way with Gregg Williams is destined to fail.

Its karma.

Michael82
08-16-2006, 08:15 AM

Its karma.
:rofl:

crowder52
08-16-2006, 01:36 PM

Its karma.

It sounds like your mad because Greg Williams is actually succeeding where he didn't in Buffalo. He just got a fat, brand new contract and his defense is ranked within the top 10. Just because it didn't work out in Buffalo dosen't mean you have to curse the guy.

OpIv37
08-16-2006, 01:38 PM
i wish him luck as well, although i think the redskins are a team that is going no where. granted they have gibbs as the coach, and portis (pending he is healthy) they can build on the past few years, but from what i have seen with their roster moves, it really isn't anything to be afraid of, if anything its just more team parity.

Everyone here is expecting HUGE things from them, especially Joe Thees-man. I think their offense is still going to struggle too much for them to go very far, plus they're in the toughest division in the NFL.

L.A. Playa
08-16-2006, 01:39 PM
Brunnell is on hos last leg they better hope campbell is ready to play once Brunnell goes down

BillsFever21
08-16-2006, 01:40 PM
It sounds like your mad because Greg Williams is actually succeeding where he didn't in Buffalo. He just got a fat, brand new contract and his defense is ranked within the top 10. Just because it didn't work out in Buffalo dosen't mean you have to curse the guy.

It sounds like sour grapes and just plain hatred for the guy because he didn't work out as a HC in Buffalo.

GW is a great defensive coordinator. One of the best in the NFL. It's no coincidence that Gibbs had the charter plane pick him up right after he was fired.

Just because he didn't work out as a HC in Buffalo doesn't mean you show your ignorance and say the guy flat out sucks doing anything.

His defense lead the Titans to the SB and was the main reason the Redskins turned it around last season to make the playoffs.

OpIv37
08-16-2006, 01:42 PM
Brunnell is on hos last leg they better hope campbell is ready to play once Brunnell goes down

I didn't see their first preseason game but I did see some of their scrimmage against Baltimore- Campbell sure as hell didn't look ready.

L.A. Playa
08-16-2006, 01:43 PM
Collins is not the answer, Campbell throws a sweet deep ball but definitely doesnt look ready

OpIv37
08-16-2006, 01:44 PM
It sounds like sour grapes and just plain hatred for the guy because he didn't work out as a HC in Buffalo.

GW is a great defensive coordinator. One of the best in the NFL. It's no coincidence that Gibbs had the charter plane pick him up right after he was fired.

Just because he didn't work out as a HC in Buffalo doesn't mean you show your ignorance and say the guy flat out sucks doing anything.

His defense lead the Titans to the SB and was the main reason the Redskins turned it around last season to make the playoffs.

Agreed. I think that if Williams learned from his mistakes in Buffalo, he'll be an excellent HC one day.

There is a lot of speculation in this area that he's being groomed as Gibbs' replacement. Gibbs is basically a god around here and the job's his as long as he wants it, but he's no spring chicken.

Devin
08-16-2006, 01:44 PM
I'm shocked.

JerseyBoofaloBills
08-16-2006, 02:04 PM
WHAT!? jets how can you say the skins are going no where? i think they're doing just fine the way they are now. i mean signing Randle El and Brandon Lloyd (best hands in the NFL. IMO.) if anything they're going somewhere, that division is tough..i see them 2nd in that division, an taking a wildcard spot. eh i wouldnt say they're not going anywhere. plus there O-line is much better. Portis will be running all over defenses..BUT I wish jeff posey all the luck with the skins. i liked posey, but if the coaches didnt like what they saw in him, id rather see the team succeed. LETS GO BILLS!

OpIv37
08-16-2006, 02:11 PM
WHAT!? jets how can you say the skins are going no where? i think they're doing just fine the way they are now. i mean signing Randle El and Brandon Lloyd (best hands in the NFL. IMO.) if anything they're going somewhere, that division is tough..i see them 2nd in that division, an taking a wildcard spot. eh i wouldnt say they're not going anywhere. plus there O-line is much better. Portis will be running all over defenses..BUT I wish jeff posey all the luck with the skins. i liked posey, but if the coaches didnt like what they saw in him, id rather see the team succeed. LETS GO BILLS!

I'm not sure about the Skins OL and Portis may be injured. Either way, their offense will struggle cuz Campbell isn't ready and Brunell is just too banged up to make it through a whole season (although he does still have speed and accuracy in his throws). The receivers don't matter if the QB can't get the ball there.

The NFCE is going to be tough- I could see any of those four teams winning it, or any of them choking. Right now, my choke money is on Dallas. I just have a feeling that they're going to tank this season.

JerseyBoofaloBills
08-16-2006, 02:15 PM
yup, dallas is going to definitly take that division. toss up between skins and giants. idk i like how the skins play, i think they'll do fine. then again i do agree cambell isnt ready, but they do have an improving D, its a toss-up. but with brunell, they'll do fine. they always do.

Statman
08-16-2006, 09:24 PM
Agreed. I think that if Williams learned from his mistakes in Buffalo, he'll be an excellent HC one day.

There is a lot of speculation in this area that he's being groomed as Gibbs' replacement. Gibbs is basically a god around here and the job's his as long as he wants it, but he's no spring chicken.
He's already said he's retiring after next season.

Statman
08-16-2006, 09:31 PM
I don't know if this was posted earlier by anyone--I didn't see it--but, surprise, surprise (sacasm), according to the ESPN ticker, Jeff Posey has signed with the Washington Redskins. "Triple G" Williams and Jerry Gray bring another ex-Bill to the 'Skins....
They obviously don't think too much of him, he's 3rd on the depth chart.

http://www.redskins.com/team/depthchart.jsp

He got a 1-year veteran minimum offer.