PDA

View Full Version : Notice how we haven't seen any ego's?

Mitchy moo
08-16-2006, 05:46 AM
Maybe it's just me but the Bills players have shut their mouths and are actually playing for their respective positions. No one is been handed anything, you work / you play. I think Marv / Dick read them the riot act early and said shut your mouth, work hard and give it your all on every play and your actions will speak louder than words. I think in most of the interviews with the Bills have basically been contrite and modest in general.

This I'm a veteran thing is worth 0, which is the way it should be. You fall down, the bench will pick you up.

ddaryl
08-16-2006, 05:50 AM
I think we also shuffled off a couple of loud mouths who we're having a negative impact on the team regardless of their on field capabilites.

Even Willis has managed to shut up... so far.

SABURZFAN
08-16-2006, 05:52 AM
now if we can get a couple of loud mouths in here to :stfu:

Jan Reimers
08-16-2006, 06:00 AM
What's funny, though, is that Marv had a bunch of big egos on his Bills' SB teams - Kelly, Reed, Thomas, Smith, Bennett et. al., but he got them to stop bickering and play together.

This bunch hasn't done or won anything yet to have egos about, and Marv may have reminded them of that fact.

LifetimeBillsFan
08-16-2006, 06:01 AM
Adding to that, I think that two things happened that really put a cap on any temptation that there might still have been to fall back into that kind of thing:

1.) Posey got cut shortly after TKO and Fletcher-Baker made some noises in the press that were reminiscent of last year--TKO was tight with Posey.

2.) Troy Vincent has been verbally very supportive of the new coaching staff and appears to have "bought into" their program. That's important because, while his skills on the field have eroded significantly, Vincent is very articulate, highly respected throughout the league, and, as President of the NFLPA, one of the first high-profile players that the rookies and other young players would come in contact with upon entering the league. Both Youboty and Whitner were quoted as saying that Vincent called them and has helped them to catch up on the stuff that they missed during the OTAs and Whitner's holdout.

I also think that Holcomb's poor performance thus far has also served to cut the legs out from under any argument that he would give the team a better chance to win than Losman at this point.

CuseJetsFan83
08-16-2006, 06:15 AM
maybe the team has finally realized, its put up or shut up, and until they start getting some wins, they are nothing yet.

YardRat
08-16-2006, 06:39 AM
Nobody on this team has anything to be egotistical about. Except for maybe Moorman.

CuseJetsFan83
08-16-2006, 06:47 AM
Nobody on this team has anything to be egotistical about. Except for maybe Moorman.

after the ST performance against carolina, i wouldnt be so sure about that... moorman had a few bad kicks, and that one blocked one..... thankfully its preseason so it dont matter.

but i think he is the only one who is technically SAFE, and in no danger of competition

Historian
08-16-2006, 06:51 AM
All great points.

I agree with all of you.

This team finally has a compass.

It's Marv Levy.

Jan Reimers
08-16-2006, 07:31 AM
All great points.

I agree with all of you.

This team finally has a compass.

It's Marv Levy.
You're absolutely right about Marv. What a breath of fresh air after that secretive, paronoid, control freak Donahoe.

RedEyE
08-16-2006, 07:38 AM
I'd reserve judgement once we can see what this tema can do to overcome adversity.

Willis is going to be a problem later, but that will mostly have to do with how much he values his skills. The contract negotiations with him will not be pretty and I expect his "agent" (I use that term losely) will use some dirty tactics to get McGahee top dollar. Willis just isn't bright enough and is blinded by his own narcissistic ways to understand anything differently, and Levy is far to set in his ways to let some young punk bend the rules.

djjimkelly
08-16-2006, 07:45 AM
I think we also shuffled off a couple of loud mouths who we're having a negative impact on the team regardless of their on field capabilites.

Even Willis has managed to shut up... so far.

ive heard most vocal guy on the O is villarial he needs to shut it too becuz his game isnt that good to be talking smack

ICE74129
08-16-2006, 08:22 AM
Now wait. I remember someone here catching hell for saying 'The veterans should STFU and just play'. Hummmmmm....

Michael82
08-16-2006, 09:12 AM
Maybe it's just me but the Bills players have shut their mouths and are actually playing for their respective positions. No one is been handed anything, you work / you play. I think Marv / Dick read them the riot act early and said shut your mouth, work hard and give it your all on every play and your actions will speak louder than words. I think in most of the interviews with the Bills have basically been contrite and modest in general.

This I'm a veteran thing is worth 0, which is the way it should be. You fall down, the bench will pick you up.
Great point, Skooby! I have noticed this too. :bf1:

Michael82
08-16-2006, 09:13 AM
What's funny, though, is that Marv had a bunch of big egos on his Bills' SB teams - Kelly, Reed, Thomas, Smith, Bennett et. al., but he got them to stop bickering and play together.

This bunch hasn't done or won anything yet to have egos about, and Marv may have reminded them of that fact.
Marv fixed the "bickering Bills" once before. And it appears that him and Jauron have done it again. It's nice to see. I just hope it lasts. :pray:

gr8slayer
08-16-2006, 10:17 AM
The only person on the team that has any place to talk is Moorman (pretty sad but true)

X-Era
08-16-2006, 10:42 AM

Yes, but we also havent had any frustrating losses when it counts yet either.

Losman will struggle at times, and you can bet the "mouths" will surface. I just hope Jauron and Levy step WAY up and squelch that panzy azz BS right away. Mularkey ran with that crap to try to keep the babies quiet.

Jauron needs to stand FIRMLY behind Losman (if hes the starter) and not wilt in the face of criticism by the fans, media, or his own players.

Losmans gonna have bad games, every damn QB in the league does. Unfortunately his youth will have his doubters running their mouths lickity split.

The only thing that permanently shuts their mouths is Losman proving with wins, hes our man. Until he has an established track record to point at when the babies start whining, we will hear the whining continue if he has a bad game.

Again, Mularkey was the key last year and he blew it. Hopefully Jauron and Levy wont be so stupid.

L.A. Playa
08-16-2006, 11:13 AM
when you are expected to finish in the bottom of your division there really isnt a precedent or reason to talk trash, you really cant do that until you prove something on the field.

All NFL players have big time ego's, thats part of the reason they made it that far, but all realize when you are on the bottom you cant say ****, if they come out either 3-0 or 2-1 the mouths will roar

Mitchy moo
08-16-2006, 11:45 AM
when you are expected to finish in the bottom of your division there really isnt a precedent or reason to talk trash, you really cant do that until you prove something on the field.

All NFL players have big time ego's, thats part of the reason they made it that far, but all realize when you are on the bottom you cant say ****, if they come out either 3-0 or 2-1 the mouths will roar

I really don't think so with Marv around. In the early 90's it was just high expections and going through the motions instead of talking about them.

Mitchy moo
08-16-2006, 11:46 AM
Yes, but we also havent had any frustrating losses when it counts yet either.

Losman will struggle at times, and you can bet the "mouths" will surface. I just hope Jauron and Levy step WAY up and squelch that panzy azz BS right away. Mularkey ran with that crap to try to keep the babies quiet.

Jauron needs to stand FIRMLY behind Losman (if hes the starter) and not wilt in the face of criticism by the fans, media, or his own players.

Losmans gonna have bad games, every damn QB in the league does. Unfortunately his youth will have his doubters running their mouths lickity split.

The only thing that permanently shuts their mouths is Losman proving with wins, hes our man. Until he has an established track record to point at when the babies start whining, we will hear the whining continue if he has a bad game.

Again, Mularkey was the key last year and he blew it. Hopefully Jauron and Levy wont be so stupid.

We'll before any losses last year our D-fense was self annointed the greatest, not a word uttered this year. Remember?

L.A. Playa
08-16-2006, 11:48 AM
the Bills of the 90's where always talking trash, Marv didnt have control then what makes you think he will have control over players talking trash now in an era where it is even more accepted , your arguement has no merit even in the history of marv levys career

The King
08-16-2006, 11:58 AM
dont you have to accomplish something to have an ego? So far Willis' biggest accomplishment was that I took him in the first round in my fantasy draft last year.

L.A. Playa
08-16-2006, 11:59 AM
well they have accomplished being on top of their game just to get to the pro's some guys can back up their talk in the NFL some cant

Mitchy moo
08-16-2006, 12:15 PM
the Bills of the 90's where always talking trash, Marv didnt have control then what makes you think he will have control over players talking trash now in an era where it is even more accepted , your arguement has no merit even in the history of marv levys career

I see a big difference from just last year, I really have no idea what you are talking about.

L.A. Playa
08-16-2006, 12:16 PM
there is a big difference because last year the Bills where a playoff hopeful and this year they are thought to be a first pick overall hopeful

my rich friend told me that

Mitchy moo
08-16-2006, 12:23 PM
there is a big difference because last year the Bills where a playoff hopeful and this year they are thought to be a first pick overall hopeful

my rich friend told me that

I know that guy, I met him in compton.

L.A. Playa
08-16-2006, 12:27 PM
let me break this down in skooby talk

Bills talk much smack in preseason 2005

defense look big and strong

defnse play weak and palsy

half defense let go

defense look bad on paper

defense keep mouth shut

not because of Marv

because of expectations

0 expectations nothing to boast about

Mitchy moo
08-16-2006, 12:39 PM
let me break this down in skooby talk

Bills talk much smack in preseason 2005

defense look big and strong

defnse play weak and palsy

half defense let go

defense look bad on paper

defense keep mouth shut

not because of Marv

because of expectations

0 expectations nothing to boast about

Let me Break this down in Compton Talk:

Bills lose big mouths for 2006

Bills draft wisely and infuse speed / youth

Youth sees that it plays well, it wins a starting job

Youth told the work on the field does the talking

Youth works on field with vets

vets teach youth more tricks

Youth gets better

With 0 expectations, opponents won't know what hit them

Remember St Louis 1999 - Fast D, Speedy receivers?

Historian
08-16-2006, 12:44 PM
I remember after the 1989 underachieving bickering Bills, Marv and Polian hired a media consultant to teach the team how to deal with the perss and the like.

L.A. Playa
08-16-2006, 12:58 PM
Let me Break this down in Compton Talk:

Bills lose big mouths for 2006

Bills draft wisely and infuse speed / youth

Youth sees that it plays well, it wins a starting job

Youth told the work on the field does the talking

Youth works on field with vets

vets teach youth more tricks

Youth gets better

With 0 expectations, opponents won't know what hit them

Remember St Louis 1999 - Fast D, Speedy receivers?

you are just ignorant, whats up with the Racist Compton remark ???

L.A. Playa
08-16-2006, 12:59 PM
do us all a favor Skooby and find another board to spam

L.A. Playa
08-16-2006, 01:03 PM
by the way Skooby you still havent proven your original arguement that because of Marv the ego's are in check

my point is they are in check because there are no expectations and nothing has been proven on the field

in any sport when success happens then the players start talking, Marv being GM or whatever he is will have no stopping that and my point to that is his SB teams talked more than any other team

Mitchy moo
08-16-2006, 04:22 PM
you are just ignorant, whats up with the Racist Compton remark ???

The racist card get's played, what a suprise. I called you no names (like ignorant you called me) and compton is a city not a racial slur. So please stop posting on my threads and I'll just ignore you.

L.A. Playa
08-16-2006, 04:23 PM
still havent proven your point :spam: artist

L.A. Playa
08-16-2006, 04:24 PM
calling you ignorant isnt a name its an observation, reading through your posts it is obvious you are ignorant

shelby
08-16-2006, 04:48 PM
Play nice kids:club: it's been long day.

L.A. Playa
08-16-2006, 04:49 PM
just tell Skooby to go play with his bone

shelby
08-16-2006, 04:52 PM
:club:

:gobills:

Mitchy moo
08-16-2006, 05:32 PM
:club:

:gobills:

Ignore works like a charm.