• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Notice how we haven't seen any ego's?

Maybe it's just me but the Bills players have shut their mouths and are actually playing for their respective positions. No one is been handed anything, you work / you play. I think Marv / Dick read them the riot act early and said shut your mouth, work hard and give it your all on every play and your actions will speak louder than words. I think in most of the interviews with the Bills have basically been contrite and modest in general.

This I'm a veteran thing is worth 0, which is the way it should be. You fall down, the bench will pick you up.
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Notice how we haven't seen any ego's?

I think we also shuffled off a couple of loud mouths who we're having a negative impact on the team regardless of their on field capabilites.

Even Willis has managed to shut up... so far.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

now if we can get a couple of loud mouths in here to :stfu:
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

What's funny, though, is that Marv had a bunch of big egos on his Bills' SB teams - Kelly, Reed, Thomas, Smith, Bennett et. al., but he got them to stop bickering and play together.

This bunch hasn't done or won anything yet to have egos about, and Marv may have reminded them of that fact.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Aug 2004

Adding to that, I think that two things happened that really put a cap on any temptation that there might still have been to fall back into that kind of thing:

1.) Posey got cut shortly after TKO and Fletcher-Baker made some noises in the press that were reminiscent of last year--TKO was tight with Posey.

2.) Troy Vincent has been verbally very supportive of the new coaching staff and appears to have "bought into" their program. That's important because, while his skills on the field have eroded significantly, Vincent is very articulate, highly respected throughout the league, and, as President of the NFLPA, one of the first high-profile players that the rookies and other young players would come in contact with upon entering the league. Both Youboty and Whitner were quoted as saying that Vincent called them and has helped them to catch up on the stuff that they missed during the OTAs and Whitner's holdout.

I also think that Holcomb's poor performance thus far has also served to cut the legs out from under any argument that he would give the team a better chance to win than Losman at this point.
          Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
            Closet Bills Fan
            • Nov 2004

maybe the team has finally realized, its put up or shut up, and until they start getting some wins, they are nothing yet.

j-e-t-s
            jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Nobody on this team has anything to be egotistical about. Except for maybe Moorman.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
                Closet Bills Fan
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by YardRat
                Nobody on this team has anything to be egotistical about. Except for maybe Moorman.
                after the ST performance against carolina, i wouldnt be so sure about that... moorman had a few bad kicks, and that one blocked one..... thankfully its preseason so it dont matter.

but i think he is the only one who is technically SAFE, and in no danger of competition

j-e-t-s
                jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

• Historian
                  2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                  • Dec 2002

All great points.

I agree with all of you.

This team finally has a compass.

It's Marv Levy.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by Billsology
                    All great points.

I agree with all of you.

This team finally has a compass.

It's Marv Levy.
                    You're absolutely right about Marv. What a breath of fresh air after that secretive, paronoid, control freak Donahoe.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• RedEyE
                      • Jul 2002

I'd reserve judgement once we can see what this tema can do to overcome adversity.

Willis is going to be a problem later, but that will mostly have to do with how much he values his skills. The contract negotiations with him will not be pretty and I expect his "agent" (I use that term losely) will use some dirty tactics to get McGahee top dollar. Willis just isn't bright enough and is blinded by his own narcissistic ways to understand anything differently, and Levy is far to set in his ways to let some young punk bend the rules.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by ddaryl
                        I think we also shuffled off a couple of loud mouths who we're having a negative impact on the team regardless of their on field capabilites.

Even Willis has managed to shut up... so far.
                        ive heard most vocal guy on the O is villarial he needs to shut it too becuz his game isnt that good to be talking smack

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Now wait. I remember someone here catching hell for saying 'The veterans should STFU and just play'. Hummmmmm....

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
                            Maybe it's just me but the Bills players have shut their mouths and are actually playing for their respective positions. No one is been handed anything, you work / you play. I think Marv / Dick read them the riot act early and said shut your mouth, work hard and give it your all on every play and your actions will speak louder than words. I think in most of the interviews with the Bills have basically been contrite and modest in general.

This I'm a veteran thing is worth 0, which is the way it should be. You fall down, the bench will pick you up.
                            Great point, Skooby! I have noticed this too.

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                              What's funny, though, is that Marv had a bunch of big egos on his Bills' SB teams - Kelly, Reed, Thomas, Smith, Bennett et. al., but he got them to stop bickering and play together.

This bunch hasn't done or won anything yet to have egos about, and Marv may have reminded them of that fact.
                              Marv fixed the "bickering Bills" once before. And it appears that him and Jauron have done it again. It's nice to see. I just hope it lasts.

Comment

Working...
                              X