PDA

View Full Version : Price's Price Tag- PFW

MelK
02-21-2003, 07:24 PM
Awesome quote by Ralph Wilson at the end of this piece

Price is right — hopefully — for Bills

Pro Fotball Weekly
========================================
Of all the franchise and transition tags that have been issued, the one that was given to Bills WR Peerless Price has raised the most eyebrows, since it was widely assumed Buffalo would defer filling the franchise bill in favor of spending that money on badly needed defensive help.

Think again.

“We want him back, and the only way we can still talk with him (about a new deal) is by giving him the tag,” said Bills general manager Tom Donahoe. “He has to fit our framework, though, and we’re hopeful that discussions will be more two-way than one-way. We’ve been very up-front with his agent (Tim McGee). I haven’t talked to Peerless, so I’m not sure of his reaction.”

It turns out Bills head coach Gregg Williams, who followed Donahoe to the podium yesterday morning, spoke to Price earlier in the day. “He knows what’s going on, and he likes playing with the group of guys we have.

“I’m a Peerless Price fan,” Williams added. “Keeping him will enable us to keep expanding our offense, and it helps our defense too. He’s an integral part of our team. When I first got here, people told me Peerless needed to step up and take a load off of Eric Moulds, and he has done that both years I’ve been here. The first year he had a record year, and (he) surpassed it this past year. What’s really impressive about him is how he comes out to compete in every practice. He competes every day to be the best he can be.”

Speaking on the state of the Bills, Donahoe said he was pleased with the team’s considerable improvement with Drew Bledsoe at the helm last season, “but we didn’t have a parade after going 8-8.”

Regarding the team’s financial situation, Donahoe said, “We will probably be around the average this season in terms of dead money. I told (Bills longtime owner) Ralph Wilson that we will have no dead money in 2004, and he said, 'Yeah, but I might be dead in '04.' ”

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PF...ebook022103.htm

MissBuffalo
02-21-2003, 07:39 PM
Regarding the team’s financial situation, Donahoe said, “We will probably be around the average this season in terms of dead money. I told (Bills longtime owner) Ralph Wilson that we will have no dead money in 2004, and he said, 'Yeah, but I might be dead in '04.' ”

:rofl: Ralph! That would be scary. Would his daughter move the team??? Or sell it to someone who will??

Mr. Miyagi
02-21-2003, 08:13 PM
We need to start a "Save the Bills Fund" just in case Ralph croaks.

I'll chip in $20 ZBs.

Brian H
02-21-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
We need to start a "Save the Bills Fund" just in case Ralph croaks.

I'll chip in $20 ZBs.

Cheapo.....