PDA

View Full Version : Koren Robinson....

FlyingDutchman
08-16-2006, 03:23 PM
So much for second chances. What an idiot. He has so much potential, but not a brain in his head....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2551018

Kerr
08-16-2006, 03:25 PM
And he was expected to start too, I believe. How many more chances can someone get? It's good to be a pro athlete.

L.A. Playa
08-16-2006, 03:26 PM
addiction is a *****, in his defense without knowing the facts after you get your first DUI your legal limit is 0.0 for 3 years he is a professional athlete though he should know better he might not have been drunk but had a drink earlier and was scared because he knew this

Gunzlingr
08-16-2006, 03:28 PM
Last I read he might get suspended for the year.

FlyingDutchman
08-16-2006, 03:41 PM
Yup, this could reeeeally damage his career, if not end it.

Tatonka
08-16-2006, 04:31 PM
i actually feel bad for the guy. i know it sounds weird, but alcohol addition, just like drugs, or anything else, is incredibly hard to beat. it looked like he was in the clear, but it never goes away.. it is like a little bird chirping in your head all the time.. he got weak and gave in.. it will cost him his career.

he was the number one wr for minnesota.. just signed a new deal at 4 mill a year.. he will have to give all that back.. and no one else will touch him. it is a shame.. but he is not the first, nor will he be the last, that has had not just a career, but an entire life ruined by alcohol. he needs to worry about his life.. not football, right now.

FlyingDutchman
08-16-2006, 04:42 PM
Exactly, he should get his life in order first before he kills himself or someone else. He should do this before coming back (assuming someone will take a chance with him).

FlyingDutchman
08-16-2006, 05:34 PM
How addicted must you be when you cant give something up for 12 million dollars....damn ill give up sex for 12 mill...

L.A. Playa
08-16-2006, 05:37 PM
what maybe easy for you is a challenge for others to me this is something that shouldnt be news, there where 1,000s of arrests for DUI last night and just because this guy plays football does this get reported

LtFinFan66
08-16-2006, 05:49 PM
Dumbass

FlyingDutchman
08-16-2006, 06:00 PM
what maybe easy for you is a challenge for others to me this is something that shouldnt be news, there where 1,000s of arrests for DUI last night and just because this guy plays football does this get reported

Comes with the territory of being a high profile athlete, or anything thats in the spot light. Youre under the microscope and fair territory. The reason those 999 other people didnt get in the news is bc nobody knows who the hell they are. You dont think a guy destroying his career weeks before the season is news? Im sure if it was the CEO of a company drivin over 100 mph cocked, and not stopping for police it would be in the news. Why is this any less news than Maurice Clarett?

L.A. Playa
08-16-2006, 06:03 PM
I disagree you wouldnt hear the same story if it was a CEO, just athletes, entertainers and politicians are held to this standard, when in fact theres are millions of people in America that have a DUI on their record

FlyingDutchman
08-16-2006, 06:06 PM
If this was just a normal pull over DUI, I could see your point, but the guy was going over 100 and didnt stop for a bit. Thats just flat out reckless. If he had killed a family this would be a huge deal. He is supposed to be a role model like it or not.

It sucks too, bc he really seemed like he was turning things around. He was gonna be #1 option in Minny this year.

L.A. Playa
08-16-2006, 06:09 PM
If this was just a normal pull over DUI, I could see your point, but the guy was going over 100 and didnt stop for a bit. Thats just flat out reckless. If he had killed a family this would be a huge deal. He is supposed to be a role model like it or not.

It sucks too, bc he really seemed like he was turning things around. He was gonna be #1 option in Minny this year.

you know that most DUI stops are when a car is speeding Im nit defending his actions, when people with money have had a DUI they have enough money to hire a driver if they cant control themselves, but what I am saying is the media reports too much of this crap he screwed up and hopefully he has a support sysytem to help him get on with his life

FlyingDutchman
08-16-2006, 06:18 PM
Im surprised nobody was with him...I wonder if he was just out boozin by his lonesome...

L.A. Playa
08-16-2006, 06:19 PM
sounds like it the guy has some serious problems

Meathead
08-16-2006, 08:24 PM
alcohol is a drug and alcoholism is drug addiction

referring to it as anything else clouds the issue

FlyingDutchman
08-16-2006, 08:55 PM
alcohol is a drug and alcoholism is drug addiction

referring to it as anything else clouds the issue

do you consider it a disease?