PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre...

Bill Brasky
08-17-2006, 12:59 AM
ASHWAUBENON, WI—Although his critics and fans alike generally agree that NFL veteran Brett Favre is well past his prime, his ability to captivate an audience was demonstrated yet again Tuesday night when a raucous, over-capacity Lambeau Field crowd of 73,127 paid to see the Super Bowl-winning three-time MVP fitted for a new suit.

"I know I'm hardly an impartial observer, but I'd have to say he looked good out there," first-year Packer coach Mike McCarthy said after watching his quarterback get a feel for the single-breasted two-button dark wool suit. "I think this is going to be a good fit for him, although obviously they had to make some adjustments out there for his big arm. I like that he's decided to keep it simple, play to his strengths, and just enjoy this new suit in the time he has left in Green Bay."

"Plus, you could tell the crowd just loved it," McCarthy added.

Fans began lining up in mid-afternoon for Favre's 8 p.m. fitting, a late addition to the Packer preseason calendar made only after Favre purchased the Brooks Brothers suit to wear at upcoming formal occasions and announced his intention to have it altered to fit him more precisely. The $65 tickets sold out within six hours of the fitting's announcement on July 26, despite the fact that no football would be played, Favre would not be miked for the event, and the tailors in question would be traveling into town from Chicago, home of the hated arch-rival Bears. The stands filled with cheering green-and-gold-clad fans, none of whom wore their own suits to the event, an hour before Favre took the field.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/51801

LtFinFan66
08-17-2006, 01:09 AM
GB has great fans! (though this is a bit nuts)

SABURZFAN
08-17-2006, 06:05 AM
what else is there to do in Green Bay?

LtFinFan66
08-17-2006, 06:09 AM
eat cheese:idunno:

Mitchy moo
08-17-2006, 06:14 AM
eat cheese:idunno:

wear cheese.

LtFinFan66
08-17-2006, 06:16 AM
:idea:

Earthquake Enyart
08-17-2006, 06:51 AM
I watched part of that game on the NFL Network. Favre got jacked up about every third play. That GB OL is horrible. He'll be lucky to make it through the season in one piece.

Iehoshua
08-17-2006, 07:13 AM
I watched part of that game on the NFL Network. Favre got jacked up about every third play. That GB OL is horrible. He'll be lucky to make it through the season in one piece.
That's the plan. No one in their right mind in the GB front office would release Favre, so they are going to peddle him out there til he breaks down.

ICE74129
08-17-2006, 08:43 AM
That's the plan. No one in their right mind in the GB front office would release Favre, so they are going to peddle him out there til he breaks down.

If I were the GB GM he wouldn't be there. Sorry, if Montana can be shipped off, so can Favre.

Gunzlingr
08-17-2006, 08:48 AM
You guys do see that it is a link to The Onion, right?

RedEyE
08-17-2006, 08:53 AM
If the Bills ever moved, I've always thought I would wind up being a packers fan instead.

Kerr
08-17-2006, 10:06 AM
what else is there to do in Green Bay?

eat cheese and cut the cheese.

Mr. Miyagi
08-17-2006, 11:30 AM
LOL apparently not.

Mr. Cynical
08-17-2006, 04:34 PM

:rofl:

Bill Brasky
08-17-2006, 04:46 PM

lol :posrep:

chernobylwraiths
08-17-2006, 07:01 PM
If the Bills ever moved, I've always thought I would wind up being a packers fan instead.

Like that's a surprise, living in Georgia and all.