X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

At Camp last night

Losman is looking better and better with his throws while Holcomb seems to be getting worse. It's almost like KH's got no fight in him any more. Check out the camp highlights on BB.com. Jp's spiral even with deep throws look tight.

Parrish was his usual reliable hands. Reed was making a lot of diving catches and was fighting hard for the balls thrown his way. Spikes seems to be getting better.

All in all the O seems to be picking up. I hope the competition ends so JP get's more familiar with the first team. The OL also needs to get familiar w/ JP's tendencies.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: At Camp last night

Good report buddy. Like Mikey we can depend on you trying to give a fair and credible report.

If JP gets the meat of the reps from here till New England, we may not win, but he will just keep getting better and better. By mid season the schedule gets a little easier and if we can hit a stride, 7-9 or a little better might be possible

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Thanks ICE. If you call that reporting

One thing I forgot to say too is that JP is getting reaquainted w/ Evans in the deep throws. Nice to see. Unlike the Drew Blesoe days where he would zoom in to his favorite targets, JP doesn't care who's in there. He'll spread the ball. That's one thing that makes Marsha great (i feel dirty) .

Greer is a beast out there. I have no doubt in my mind, Clements won't be missed if he leaves. We won't need to keep him and tie up the cap even if he has a probowl year.

I wasn't sure about the D but if the DL can get a decent push and is halfway better than our run D last year, I think our db's could be one of the best in the league.

It was funny to see the big guys recieve punt balls. A lot of them couldn't either catch a cold if there was another Sars outbreak or didn't know what to do next if they cuaght a ball.
      sacrifice1

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
        Losman is looking better and better with his throws while Holcomb seems to be getting worse. It's almost like KH's got no fight in him any more. Check out the camp highlights on BB.com. Jp's spiral even with deep throws look tight.

Parrish was his usual reliable hands. Reed was making a lot of diving catches and was fighting hard for the balls thrown his way. Spikes seems to be getting better.

All in all the O seems to be picking up. I hope the competition ends so JP get's more familiar with the first team. The OL also needs to get familiar w/ JP's tendencies.
        I saw the same thing is Kelly Holcomb. I'm amazed how much he has gone downhill over the last week or so. And it really got bad once the job was pretty much won by JP. Now Holcomb looks like he has lost his spirit. He doesn't have any excitement on the field at all anymore.

Comment

• Kerr
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Kelly's confidence is shot.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Kerr
            yeah it is. I wouldn't be surprised if he asked them to release him.

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

If that's the case, it's one more reason to let him go. He has no mental toughness.
              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

KH may gain it back against the bengals. He may end up connecting with his dink and dunk but he'll never do anything great in the deep ball. There is still no room for error for JP.
                sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Thanks ICE. If you call that reporting

One thing I forgot to say too is that JP is getting reaquainted w/ Evans in the deep throws. Nice to see. Unlike the Drew Blesoe days where he would zoom in to his favorite targets, JP doesn't care who's in there. He'll spread the ball. That's one thing that makes Marsha great (i feel dirty) .

Actually there are two things that make Marsha great: that and juice.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                    • Jul 2002

KH may gain it back against the bengals. He may end up connecting with his dink and dunk but he'll never do anything great in the deep ball. There is still no room for error for JP.
                    I agree, JP better not let up.
                    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Kerr
                      Hall of Fame Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Yeah, but kelly only has nall to compete with now and they both suck so it's going to be the battle of the suck at backup qb.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        Actually there are two things that make Marsha great: that and juice.
                        rollin down the street smoking indo sippin on gin and juice ........LAAAAID BAAAACKKK!!!!!

Comment

• Meathead
                          Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                          • Jul 2002

oh puhleez

there are more qbs that play crappy in preseason and get it together when the games count than there are festering pimples on my ass. and thats a lot

so holcomb is bummed hes not the front runner and has lost his edge for now. its not ideal but it happens. but the guy has proven he can play when the games count and to think hes finished is absurd. hes still a great insurance policy and there is zero chance he gets cut. zero

im thrilled jp has the inside track and i hope he keeps it but it aint over. it wont be over even if he starts the first few games. its preseason and if you dont know that the fake games can fake you out, well you havent been paying attention

if the bills surprise us all to catch fire and make a run at the playoffs i guarantee you that holcomb would end up playing a key role at some point. i shudder to think that if the bills needed to win one game with jp limping that wed have to put the ball in nalls hands to do it
                          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• TedMock
                            • Jul 2002

Yeah, but kelly only has nall to compete with now and they both suck so it's going to be the battle of the suck at backup qb.
                            I definitely not impressed with Holcomb, but I've never seen Nall play so I can't really make an intelligent judgement about him until after I see a few snaps.

Comment

• ibatiger
                              Geaux Bills!
                              • Mar 2006

Why do you think Nall sucks? He was playing better than both Losman and Holcomb in the early practices before he pulled the ham. And his limited record is exemplary, if limited. So, why do you think that he sucks? He didn't even play last week. If you haven't seen him play then why don't you wait and see. I've seen him play plenty on every level and I assure he doesn't suck. I've seen plenty of Losman since college as well, and I'd put my money on Nall in a second. I'm not saying that Losman can't get the job done. He may very well do a great job. But the statement that Nall sucks is asinine.

Comment

Working...
                              X