PDA

View Full Version : At Camp last night

justasportsfan
08-17-2006, 09:23 AM
Losman is looking better and better with his throws while Holcomb seems to be getting worse. It's almost like KH's got no fight in him any more. Check out the camp highlights on BB.com. Jp's spiral even with deep throws look tight.

Parrish was his usual reliable hands. Reed was making a lot of diving catches and was fighting hard for the balls thrown his way. Spikes seems to be getting better.

All in all the O seems to be picking up. I hope the competition ends so JP get's more familiar with the first team. The OL also needs to get familiar w/ JP's tendencies.

ICE74129
08-17-2006, 09:42 AM
Good report buddy. Like Mikey we can depend on you trying to give a fair and credible report.

If JP gets the meat of the reps from here till New England, we may not win, but he will just keep getting better and better. By mid season the schedule gets a little easier and if we can hit a stride, 7-9 or a little better might be possible

justasportsfan
08-17-2006, 09:53 AM
Thanks ICE. If you call that reporting :snicker:

One thing I forgot to say too is that JP is getting reaquainted w/ Evans in the deep throws. Nice to see. Unlike the Drew Blesoe days where he would zoom in to his favorite targets, JP doesn't care who's in there. He'll spread the ball. That's one thing that makes Marsha great (i feel dirty) .

Greer is a beast out there. I have no doubt in my mind, Clements won't be missed if he leaves. We won't need to keep him and tie up the cap even if he has a probowl year.

I wasn't sure about the D but if the DL can get a decent push and is halfway better than our run D last year, I think our db's could be one of the best in the league.

It was funny to see the big guys recieve punt balls. A lot of them couldn't either catch a cold if there was another Sars outbreak or didn't know what to do next if they cuaght a ball. :snicker:

Michael82
08-17-2006, 09:56 AM
Losman is looking better and better with his throws while Holcomb seems to be getting worse. It's almost like KH's got no fight in him any more. Check out the camp highlights on BB.com. Jp's spiral even with deep throws look tight.

Parrish was his usual reliable hands. Reed was making a lot of diving catches and was fighting hard for the balls thrown his way. Spikes seems to be getting better.

All in all the O seems to be picking up. I hope the competition ends so JP get's more familiar with the first team. The OL also needs to get familiar w/ JP's tendencies.
I saw the same thing is Kelly Holcomb. I'm amazed how much he has gone downhill over the last week or so. And it really got bad once the job was pretty much won by JP. Now Holcomb looks like he has lost his spirit. He doesn't have any excitement on the field at all anymore.

Kerr
08-17-2006, 09:57 AM
Kelly's confidence is shot.

Michael82
08-17-2006, 10:01 AM
yeah it is. I wouldn't be surprised if he asked them to release him.

Philagape
08-17-2006, 10:04 AM

If that's the case, it's one more reason to let him go. He has no mental toughness.

justasportsfan
08-17-2006, 10:06 AM
KH may gain it back against the bengals. He may end up connecting with his dink and dunk but he'll never do anything great in the deep ball. There is still no room for error for JP.

OpIv37
08-17-2006, 10:09 AM
Thanks ICE. If you call that reporting :snicker:

One thing I forgot to say too is that JP is getting reaquainted w/ Evans in the deep throws. Nice to see. Unlike the Drew Blesoe days where he would zoom in to his favorite targets, JP doesn't care who's in there. He'll spread the ball. That's one thing that makes Marsha great (i feel dirty) .

Actually there are two things that make Marsha great: that and juice.

Gunzlingr
08-17-2006, 10:10 AM
KH may gain it back against the bengals. He may end up connecting with his dink and dunk but he'll never do anything great in the deep ball. There is still no room for error for JP.

I agree, JP better not let up.

Kerr
08-17-2006, 10:11 AM
Yeah, but kelly only has nall to compete with now and they both suck so it's going to be the battle of the suck at backup qb.

L.A. Playa
08-17-2006, 10:30 AM
Actually there are two things that make Marsha great: that and juice.

rollin down the street smoking indo sippin on gin and juice ........LAAAAID BAAAACKKK!!!!!

Meathead
08-17-2006, 10:33 AM
oh puhleez

there are more qbs that play crappy in preseason and get it together when the games count than there are festering pimples on my ass. and thats a lot

so holcomb is bummed hes not the front runner and has lost his edge for now. its not ideal but it happens. but the guy has proven he can play when the games count and to think hes finished is absurd. hes still a great insurance policy and there is zero chance he gets cut. zero

im thrilled jp has the inside track and i hope he keeps it but it aint over. it wont be over even if he starts the first few games. its preseason and if you dont know that the fake games can fake you out, well you havent been paying attention

if the bills surprise us all to catch fire and make a run at the playoffs i guarantee you that holcomb would end up playing a key role at some point. i shudder to think that if the bills needed to win one game with jp limping that wed have to put the ball in nalls hands to do it

TedMock
08-17-2006, 10:34 AM
Yeah, but kelly only has nall to compete with now and they both suck so it's going to be the battle of the suck at backup qb.

I definitely not impressed with Holcomb, but I've never seen Nall play so I can't really make an intelligent judgement about him until after I see a few snaps.

ibatiger
08-17-2006, 10:40 AM

Why do you think Nall sucks? He was playing better than both Losman and Holcomb in the early practices before he pulled the ham. And his limited record is exemplary, if limited. So, why do you think that he sucks? He didn't even play last week. If you haven't seen him play then why don't you wait and see. I've seen him play plenty on every level and I assure he doesn't suck. I've seen plenty of Losman since college as well, and I'd put my money on Nall in a second. I'm not saying that Losman can't get the job done. He may very well do a great job. But the statement that Nall sucks is asinine.

justasportsfan
08-17-2006, 10:40 AM
oh puhleez

there are more qbs that play crappy in preseason and get it together when the games count than there are festering pimples on my ass. and thats a lot

so holcomb is bummed hes not the front runner and has lost his edge for now. its not ideal but it happens. but the guy has proven he can play when the games count and to think hes finished is absurd. hes still a great insurance policy and there is zero chance he gets cut. zero

im thrilled jp has the inside track and i hope he keeps it but it aint over. it wont be over even if he starts the first few games. its preseason and if you dont know that the fake games can fake you out, well you havent been paying attention

if the bills surprise us all to catch fire and make a run at the playoffs i guarantee you that holcomb would end up playing a key role at some point. i shudder to think that if the bills needed to win one game with jp limping that wed have to put the ball in nalls hands to do it
Can't argue that he's been decent in the same system he's played his entire career. He seems to be grasping for air with the new system that requires the qb to go deep every now and then. You don't have to believe me, even he's admitted it time and again in his interviews.

While JP's first option is to look deep and then check off when it isn't there, KH goes straight to check off for 5-10 yards and then look 10-30 yards after he's delivered the ball :D .. It's been that way all camp. Mikey and I almost always make the right prediction before KH snaps the ball
" dump off for 5 yards" and we're almost always right that we thought of putting up our own psychic hotline.

While Nall wasn't even close to looking as good as JP even he was throwing for 10-20 yards.

Kerr
08-17-2006, 10:50 AM
Why do you think Nall sucks? He was playing better than both Losman and Holcomb in the early practices before he pulled the ham. And his limited record is exemplary, if limited. So, why do you think that he sucks? He didn't even play last week. If you haven't seen him play then why don't you wait and see. I've seen him play plenty on every level and I assure he doesn't suck. I've seen plenty of Losman since college as well, and I'd put my money on Nall in a second. I'm not saying that Losman can't get the job done. He may very well do a great job. But the statement that Nall sucks is asinine.

He sucked in green bay. That's enough.

TedMock
08-17-2006, 10:56 AM
Comp Att PCT YD Y/A TD INT RAT
----23 33 69.7 314 9.5 4 0 139.4

Nall was very limited action so who knows, but he was very good while on the field. Of course, I still want Losman to win the job so we can end all questions.

Risin
08-17-2006, 10:57 AM

I agree the statement that Nall sucks is "asinine".

What is more "asinine" is the other part of your post I put in bold.

I was at the Saturday workout, day before he got hurt and there is no way he was the best of the bunch.

I see you pimp Nall all the time, which is cool, but please stick to the facts. Nall had his moments, but he'd throw 1 nice pass, then follow it up with 2 brutal ones.

I'm stoked that he is playing tomorrow, I heard he's more of a "gamer" than a practice player, but based on the times I've seen him I think he's a career backup.

OpIv37
08-17-2006, 10:57 AM

why do I get the feeling that if Nall was looking for an ass slave, you'd be the first to sign up?

Seriously, get help.

justasportsfan
08-17-2006, 11:00 AM
I wouldn't count Nall out just yet. The guy does have an arm. You aren't gonna see the field when Farve insist on playing as long as he can still breath.

Meathead
08-17-2006, 11:08 AM
oh im not saying i dont believe you im just saying preseason doesnt determine if a veteran qb is washed up. kh is still very valuable to this team and im glad to have him here, thats all

Mr. Miyagi
08-17-2006, 11:26 AM
Nall had been the understudy for Favre for several years, should've been the natural choice of replacement for Favre. Still they brought in guys like JT O'Sullivan and Tim Couch, and eventually drafted Aaron Rodgers.

If Nall was any good, they wouldn't have bothered.

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-17-2006, 11:29 AM
Honestly when I was at camp for the earlier part I wouldn't say that Nall looked better than Losman, but I would say he looked more consistent. His accuracy was better, and it wasn't just the type of throws that Holcomb makes it was everything. With that said I will be supremely pissed if anyone but JP is starting opening day.

Mitchy moo
08-17-2006, 11:33 AM
Nall had been the understudy for Favre for several years, should've been the natural choice of replacement for Favre. Still they brought in guys like JT O'Sullivan and Tim Couch, and eventually drafted Aaron Rodgers.

Was Brady the heir apparent to Bledsoe?

justasportsfan
08-17-2006, 11:34 AM
oh im not saying i dont believe you im just saying preseason doesnt determine if a veteran qb is washed up. kh is still very valuable to this team and im glad to have him here, thats allI've said the same thing to people too. Let's not forget that KH is on our side as well. Him doing well is only gonna be good for the team. I'd love for him to stay because he'll only push JP to be the best that he can be. But if KH cannot be a decent back up in this system, we don't need him either. He's too expensive to be no. 3 if Nall can start throwing deep.

Yasgur's Farm
08-17-2006, 11:44 AM
Was Brady the heir apparent to Bledsoe?Was Brady 3rd string behind Drewler?

Was New England looking to draft QB's?

Was New England looking to pick up free agent QB's?

My logic trumps your logic.

Mitchy moo
08-17-2006, 11:49 AM
Was Brady 3rd string behind Drewler?

Was New England looking to draft QB's?

Was New England looking to pick up free agent QB's?

My logic trumps your logic.

Bledsoe was going to play a few more years in NE,BEFORE bRADY.

ICE74129
08-17-2006, 11:55 AM
I saw the same thing is Kelly Holcomb. I'm amazed how much he has gone downhill over the last week or so. And it really got bad once the job was pretty much won by JP. Now Holcomb looks like he has lost his spirit. He doesn't have any excitement on the field at all anymore.

Awww..did the assclown finally have REALITY Hit him? I really feel for him.....really.....:bandwagon

Kerr
08-17-2006, 11:56 AM

Agreed.

ICE74129
08-17-2006, 11:56 AM
yeah it is. I wouldn't be surprised if he asked them to release him.

Yeah there are some arena 2 teams that could use him

ICE74129
08-17-2006, 11:58 AM

Nah Justa he is done. The coaches now see it. I see Nall being #2 at Cinci and doing well. Well enough JP will be named the starter and they will have nall and holcomb battle it out. DJ eluded to the effect if JP steps up this week the comp is over and it should be. By monday the #1 guy has to get ready for New England.

ICE74129
08-17-2006, 12:00 PM
oh puhleez

Holcomb = done period. Its over.

Yasgur's Farm
08-17-2006, 12:00 PM
Bledsoe was going to play a few more years in NE,BEFORE bRADY.So Basically Rodgers = Brady and Nall = John "Who" Friesz!

Either way, your logic is warpped.

justasportsfan
08-17-2006, 12:13 PM
Nah Justa he is done. The coaches now see it. I see Nall being #2 at Cinci and doing well. Well enough JP will be named the starter and they will have nall and holcomb battle it out. DJ eluded to the effect if JP steps up this week the comp is over and it should be. By monday the #1 guy has to get ready for New England.
You mean the coaches weren't unfair after all? There was legit competition? I agree. :D.

It's about time you admit I was right and you were wrong. :snicker:

BidsJr
08-17-2006, 12:33 PM
:horsecrap:

I once hit 5 treys in a row I think the Bulls are looking at me for a tryout.

ibatiger
08-17-2006, 01:23 PM
I agree the statement that Nall sucks is "asinine".

What is more "asinine" is the other part of your post I put in bold.

I was at the Saturday workout, day before he got hurt and there is no way he was the best of the bunch.

Well, you must have missed some of it because he was 26 of 27 when he got hurt including a perfect 15 of 15 that morning. His completion percentage for the first 4 practices was 68%. Losman and Holcomb were in the 50's. Most every report I read from the previous (first day of practice) day said he was overall the best. It was also well documented that he played extremely well the last three day minicamp. That's all Brown wrote about and he was involved in highlight plays everyday. Certainly, we could debate all of that kind of stuff that is reported secondhand. But it's pretty safe to say that as of now he hasn't played like somebody who sucks.

ICE74129
08-17-2006, 01:38 PM
You mean the coaches weren't unfair after all? There was legit competition? I agree. :D.

It's about time you admit I was right and you were wrong. :snicker:

I know for FACT there wasn't. They wanted Holcomb to win this. Problem is....its Kelly holcomb. AND the fact JP really has stepped it up to a level they didn't think he would. His rapport with his team mates, better decisions, more mature...

Dont' get me wrong, I doubt DJ is upset, he now has a young QB to build around, but I am telling you going in that his choice was holcomb

dannyek71
08-17-2006, 01:44 PM
You cant ever know with QBs. Who would have guessed that Rich Gannon or Jake Delhomme would have turned out to be what they were/are in this stage of their career.

justasportsfan
08-17-2006, 01:55 PM
Well, you must have missed some of it because he was 26 of 27 when he got hurt including a perfect 15 of 15 that morning. His completion percentage for the first 4 practices was 68%. Losman and Holcomb were in the 50's. Most every report I read from the previous (first day of practice) day said he was overall the best. It was also well documented that he played extremely well the last three day minicamp. That's all Brown wrote about and he was involved in highlight plays everyday. Certainly, we could debate all of that kind of stuff that is reported secondhand. But it's pretty safe to say that as of now he hasn't played like somebody who sucks.
The reports I read was that Nall was starting to play better since he was struggling prior to camp. Doesn't mean he was the best amongst the 3. even Nall admitted KH was the more consistent.

justasportsfan
08-17-2006, 01:56 PM
I know for FACT there wasn't. They wanted Holcomb to win this. Problem is....its Kelly holcomb.
NO!

Goobylal
08-17-2006, 01:56 PM
I must have missed those reports as well. The last thing I remember hearing about Nall, before getting injured, is that he had ONE practice where he didn't look lousy. Chris Brown made mention of it and made it sound like Nall was clearly the best of the 3 that day, but later clarified it to say that in comparison to what he LOOKED like before, he looked a lot better.

mysticsoto
08-17-2006, 01:58 PM
I know for FACT there wasn't. They wanted Holcomb to win this. Problem is....its Kelly holcomb. AND the fact JP really has stepped it up to a level they didn't think he would. His rapport with his team mates, better decisions, more mature...

Dont' get me wrong, I doubt DJ is upset, he now has a young QB to build around, but I am telling you going in that his choice was holcomb

Just curious...why do you think that?

I, myself, was wondering if maybe they thought Holcomb playing bad would settle the pick for them and for the fans as well. The FO knew that Carolina had a very formidable defense and that a starting QB with a new offense might have some trouble initially. If JP later then goes through some growing pains from here on, fans would remember how bad Holcomb was against Carolina and would be patient and stick with JP anyway.

Additionally, with Carolina's awesome front 4, you don't want to risk injury to a QB whom you may be trying to build a team around - especially when the Oline is relatively new together and clearly still hasn't gelled or come close yet.

I have no validity in the above in terms of anything any coach or player has said. Just random thoughts crossing my mind...

justasportsfan
08-17-2006, 02:05 PM
Just curious...why do you think that?

.. ICe thinks the definition of FACT is "his 2 cents".

If JP was starting against Carolina , I think Ice would've said Jauron set JP up to fail by making him start against Carolina's 1st D and thats unfair..

Meathead
08-17-2006, 02:44 PM
But if KH cannot be a decent back up in this system, we don't need him either. He's too expensive to be no. 3 if Nall can start throwing deep.
nall hasnt even shown he can do either really

dick has already said completing deep balls is nice but it isnt enough, you have to move the chains with consistent completions on shorter routes. thats what hes pushing jp to do with his starting opportunities im sure

if push comes to shove you have to pick the short game over the long game. bombers cant succeed over the long run in the nfl

maybe nall can do both but we have no idea yet. we know jp can do a nice long ball. and we know holcomb can be reasonably productive if we need him to be. good insurance

TacklingDummy
08-17-2006, 02:57 PM
So, whats the bet's on when JP gets benched? Week 4-5-6?

justasportsfan
08-17-2006, 02:57 PM
nall hasnt even shown he can do either really

dick has already said completing deep balls is nice but it isnt enough, you have to move the chains with consistent completions on shorter routes. thats what hes pushing jp to do with his starting opportunities im sure

if push comes to shove you have to pick the short game over the long game. bombers cant succeed over the long run in the nfl

maybe nall can do both but we have no idea yet. we know jp can do a nice long ball. and we know holcomb can be reasonably productive if we need him to be. good insuranceThat's why I said "if".

Dick also said, you need the deep ball for D's to play honestly and spread the O.

One things for sure, JP and NAll can throw deep and KH just can't to save his life. Jp is getting better at short passes that one can argue he's just as good if not better in this system based on what we see at camp.

KH limits this O to dink and dunk. Our passing game becomes one dimensional. IMO , that is why KH is struggling because all the D has to do is cover 5-10 yds out and KH won't know what to do. If he attempts to throw deep, it's almost like throwing a hail mary where anyone can catch the ball except that it's only for 30 yds.

BidsJr
08-17-2006, 04:16 PM

:horsecrap:

ICE74129
08-17-2006, 05:22 PM
NO! One of these days you will man up and admit it. I am patient.

ICE74129
08-17-2006, 05:23 PM
ICe thinks the definition of FACT is "his 2 cents".

If JP was starting against Carolina , I think Ice would've said Jauron set JP up to fail by making him start against Carolina's 1st D and thats unfair..

Not at all. Holcomb was put out there to prove to the world the position was his. As usual he sucked. DJ's farce is now over. JP will do ok to good against Cinci and DJ will have no choice but to name him the starter

HAMMER
08-17-2006, 06:09 PM
why do I get the feeling that if Nall was looking for an ass slave, you'd be the first to sign up?

Seriously, get help.

You and your constant homosexual references have me scared.