PDA

View Full Version : Evans and ? at WR

Night Train
08-17-2006, 09:54 AM
I've read all the Peerless feel good articles and other assumptions at WR. But I've been to camp a few times and see all the WR getting reps. Not just Price and Reed after Evans.

I thought Aiken was a goner before camp started. Now he's seems a lock with good catches all through camp. I like Andre Davis' speed and his sharp cuts on crossing patterns. That's a patterm Price doesn't run, due to his known fear of footsteps. Reed and Parrish need reps. Maybe Nance goes to practice squad.

I'm just saying I don't assume Price and Reed are seen as a firm #2 and #3 after Evans. They would be getting far more reps if so...and they're not. The coaches still seem to be figuring this out.

I think it's wide open beyond Evans. Parrish is the starting punt returner, so he's a roster lock. They like throwing quick outs to him also, when sent outside in motion. Aiken played himself back on the roster and is great on ST's.

But a front line #2 ? I'm not so sure we have one. I wouldn't mind having another burner over there, like Andre Davis ( who isin't afraid to go over the middle ). He's been injury prone in the past, so that's a concern.

If anyone has a good game against Cinci or Clevland, they might take a jump over the others.

justasportsfan
08-17-2006, 10:03 AM
this is why I question people who say coaches are playing favorites or the competition is unfair. Everyone is getting equal oppurtunities to win the job. Other than Evans, no one IMO has a firm grasp at their position. That's evident with the bills change in the depth chart. Play well, you get the nod.

FinFaninBuffalo
08-17-2006, 11:30 AM
The related question is - Do the Bills have a legit #1 WR? For all of his potential, Evans has never been more than the deep threat compliment to Eric Moulds. This is the same role that Price played. Everyone saw what happened when Price had to be the #1 WR.

DraftBoy
08-17-2006, 11:35 AM
Evans for all intensive purposed was the #1 WR the 2nd half of last year and blossomed.

justasportsfan
08-17-2006, 11:42 AM
The related question is - Do the Bills have a legit #1 WR? For all of his potential, Evans has never been more than the deep threat compliment to Eric Moulds. This is the same role that Price played. Everyone saw what happened when Price had to be the #1 WR.yup, we've all admitted that Evans is unproven. I'm not even sure we'll have a 1000 yd reciever this year because the system now calls for the ball to be spread not just to the wr, but it involves both the rb and TE more in the passin game as opposed to Moolarkeys brain that limits the rb to just run and the TE to just block.

Bill Cody
08-17-2006, 12:29 PM
I think Evans is a stud. After that....

FinFaninBuffalo
08-17-2006, 01:44 PM
Evans for all intensive purposed was the #1 WR the 2nd half of last year and blossomed.

He had 30 catches and 500 yards in the last 8 games. You better hope your #1 WR has more than 60 catches and 1000 yards.

Michael82
08-17-2006, 02:15 PM
Aiken? :ontome:

bigbub2352
08-17-2006, 02:22 PM
I think Evans is definetly ready to go in as 1 i think 2 will be Peerless Price 3 will be Josh Reed 4 will be roscoe 5 will be Davis and 6 will be Aiken
Nance and denney will be on PS

HAMMER
08-18-2006, 12:56 PM

Intents and purposes.

DraftBoy
08-18-2006, 02:42 PM
He had 30 catches and 500 yards in the last 8 games. You better hope your #1 WR has more than 60 catches and 1000 yards.

Also had 6 TD's

Id take 60 catches for 1000 yards and 12 TD's which would of tied him for the league lead this year in TD catches among receivers.