PDA

View Full Version : Brady Quinn

BigGabes23
08-17-2006, 11:58 AM
Still Cheering for the bills, but he is the next big time QB in this league. ....

Updated: Aug. 16, 2006, 7:41 PM ET
Quinn flying high because Weis keeps him grounded

<!-- end pagetitle --><!-- begin bylinebox -->http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/story/design05/insider_byline.gif (http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/index)
By Eric Adelson
ESPN The Magazine

<!-- begin presby2 -->http://adsatt.espn.go.com/ad/sponsors/ESPN_In_House_Marketing/Aug_2006/espn-146x46-0044.gif (http://log.go.com/log?srvc=sz&guid=BDFB5E83-0D43-42E9-961B-D8F1FFC6239D&drop=0&addata=1332:245:245133:65&a=1&goto=http://mobile.espn.go.com/?campaign=mobile&source=ESPN_ROS_146x46_Football_Switch_30Day150Signing)
<!-- end presby2 -->
<!-- end bylinebox -->
<!-- begin text11 div --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 10px" vAlign=top><!-- begin leftcol --><!-- template inline -->
Here it comes. Get ready. This won't be pleasant. On the first day of practice at Notre Dame, Charlie Weis looks ornery. He's got some serious venom holstered -- built it up all summer -- and he's stumping all over the field like a mule itching to kick.
http://espn-att.starwave.com/photo/2006/0815/ncf_g_weisquinn_195.jpg
Elsa/Getty Images
When coach Charlie Weis talks, quarterback Brady Quinn listens.

An Irish supporter dares to ask him how he's doing.
"Oh, I'm just chipper," Weis growls and walks away. He spies his freshmen. They are too nervous to crush -- today. So he caroms around the field as if he were in a blindfold, looking for somewhere to vent. He comes upon a blocking drill. Perfect.
"What is this, powder-puff football?!" he barks. "Do I have to get within five feet to hear a player hit a sled?"
But Weis has saved his nastiest stuff for senior quarterback Brady Quinn (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=150329). And Quinn -- the pristine matinee idol with the Heisman stats and the draft-ready arm -- knows what's coming. It's going to be blunt. Harsh. Unprintable.
And by now, routine.
They don't seem anything alike, the thoroughbred and the mule. One is self-contained and quiet and from the heartland, and the other is arrogant and loud and from Jersey.
One is "too good to be true," just ask his gorgeous high school sweetheart. The other is too mean to be named Charlie, just ask the latest object of his invective. One is nothing but questions: When Weis first arrived in South Bend, Quinn couldn't wait to quiz him on all the Pats film he had decided to watch. That's okay, because the other one has all the answers -- and he's the first to remind you of that fact. But it works. With kick after kick, the mule has pounded his thoroughbred into the best passer in Notre Dame history.
Impact is made in all sorts of ways. There's the slam of pads and the shift of the pile. There's the swell of adrenaline when the dull roar in the tunnel explodes into the thunder of the open stadium. But sometimes impact can be much more subtle. Even when a screaming coach collides with a meteoric talent, it can come not with a bang but in a whisper.
With Heisman hype and Leinart looks, Brady Quinn is no cookie-cutter quarterback. And that's because Robin Quinn is no cookie-baking mom. When Robin met Charlie Weis two winters ago, the coach asked her if she had any questions. She didn't reply with a docile "No, Coach." She leaned in, looked Weis straight in the eye and asked, "What are you going to do with my son?"

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/preview06/insider/news/story?id=2550013

Edited: Copyright law prohibits us from displaying full articles. - Mr. Miyagi

Mitchy moo
08-17-2006, 12:00 PM
Can you please post the whole thing? thanks in advance.

Edited: Sorry, Skooby. No. - Mr. Miyagi

I was using NY sarca........

ICE74129
08-17-2006, 12:04 PM
he wont' even win the heisman. That is petersons to lose. Hey the kid might be good, but he hasn't played a down yet as a sr at ND let alone in the NFL.

That said, JP is our QB. The sooner fans get that, the better.

ublinkwescore
08-17-2006, 12:18 PM
Brady Quinn will NOT be ours. End of story. This team will surprise some people - Our D-line is looking like it's gonna get the job done, our secondary has way too much talent to be anything less than solid when it comes around - and that will in turn help our O out immensely because they'll be on the field so much that they'll tire the opposition's D out and scoring will be easier as the games progress.

TacklingDummy
08-17-2006, 12:23 PM
If the Bills are going to suck, they better suck enough to get Brady Quinn. I hate to have Marv trade up to get Quinn.

Mitchy moo
08-17-2006, 12:23 PM
Brady Quinn will NOT be ours. End of story. This team will surprise some people - Our D-line is looking like it's gonna get the job done, our secondary has way too much talent to be anything less than solid when it comes around - and that will in turn help our O out immensely because they'll be on the field so much that they'll tire the opposition's D out and scoring will be easier as the games progress.

ST will be tight as well.

Philagape
08-17-2006, 12:31 PM
After all the years of hyping college prospects, saying so-and-so's the next big thing, and every single year there are busts, that anyone would keep saying it is beyond me. "Oh but THIS one's different ...." Blah blah blah. :tired: Nobody is anything in the NFL until they prove it. Period.

BigGabes23
08-17-2006, 12:32 PM
Again - full article deleted. - Mr. Miyagi

BigGabes23
08-17-2006, 12:33 PM
Oh sorry, looks like BZ can't post the full artice....

Bill Cody
08-17-2006, 12:33 PM
It's a four horse race between the Bills, 49ers, Packers and Texans. I give the Bills the edge with JP at QB for 16 games.

Mitchy moo
08-17-2006, 12:35 PM
It's a four horse race between the Bills, 49ers, Packers and Texans. I give the Bills the edge with JP at QB for 16 games.

Smack zone here you go.

Bill Cody
08-17-2006, 12:37 PM
Smack zone here you go.

Oops I forgot we're going to go 12-4 and make the playoffs. My bad.

Mr. Miyagi
08-17-2006, 12:40 PM
Oh sorry, looks like BZ can't post the full artice....
Thanks for your cooperation. :miyagi:

Kerr
08-17-2006, 12:43 PM
So far, Weis hasn't really failed in grooming qb's. The future looks promising for quinn.

TacklingDummy
08-17-2006, 01:14 PM
Quinn would already be ahead of JP in development.

LifetimeBillsFan
08-18-2006, 01:30 AM
There's a long way to go between now and next year's draft. A lot of things, including some surprising things, could still occur between now and then.

There's no telling what the Bills draft position or biggest needs in the draft will be just yet. At this time last year almost no one would have predicted that the Bills would have had to spend their most recent offseason rebuilding their defense.....

Brady Quinn, Adrian Peterson, Joe Thomas...all of them may already be gone before the Bills get around to making their first pick in next year's draft. Or, the Bills may discover that they have more pressing needs at other positions than the ones that those players play.

I'll worry about next year's draft after the Super Bowl...right now there's still a whole season of college and professional football to be played that should be very interesting to watch and follow!

LtFinFan66
08-18-2006, 02:23 AM
overrated

Night Train
08-18-2006, 06:43 AM
overrated

Overhyped. He was hardly perfect against Ohio St. in his last game.

djjimkelly
08-18-2006, 07:09 AM
there is no chance we have worst record in league so get brady quinnn out of your heads

ICE74129
08-18-2006, 08:50 AM
Overhyped. He was hardly perfect against Ohio St. in his last game.
Agreed.

mayotm
08-18-2006, 10:33 AM
I can't remember a ND QB being so hyped since Ron Pawlus or Ric Mirer. How did they work out? JP is going to be in Buffalo for a long time. Deal with it!

TacklingDummy
08-18-2006, 11:03 AM
He was hardly perfect against Ohio St. in his last game.

Point?