PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else feels a little pressure on Losman's behalf

ghz in pittsburgh
08-18-2006, 06:45 AM
You have, of course, the media who hypes it as the clinching game for Losman. Jauron more or less confirmed this notion. Players like Evans came out and said so. I know we fans want that, too, though I really doubt if Losman cares about what we fans think.

I just hope JP does not try to throw 2 TDs with every one of his throws tonight. Let the game comes to you instead of attcking it at 100 mph out of the gate.

In a way, we'll find out how far Losman has come as far as maturing goes. For his technical progress, I've already had an answer. We saw his game last week. We knew he has a long, long way to go. It would be a miracle for him to learn all he needs to get better at within 7 days. But this is a perfect opportunity to see his mental improvement in terms of handling highs and lows, a necessity for a successful QB in NFL.

ddaryl
08-18-2006, 07:02 AM
JP needs to rise above the pressure, because if he doesn't the presure is going to get worse.

Of course our spotty OL doesn't do much to induce confidence in any QB who stands behind them.

Night Train
08-18-2006, 07:04 AM
The reactionary media is the last thing on the mind of the Coaches.

Losman is our best option towards winning games and should get the needed work in order to ready himself for the opener. I'm not going to freak over every mistake.

SABURZFAN
08-18-2006, 07:06 AM
i just hope that losman can do well against Cincy's first team.

djjimkelly
08-18-2006, 07:12 AM
i just hope bills coaches dont pull a run run pass on first series of the game. i know we need to get willis and o line some confidence too, but i think a big key to a nice losman start tonight is letting him come out firing tonight

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-18-2006, 07:16 AM
I am very nervous for him. He is in the perfect position to grab this competition by the throat, but if he screws up it will be a huge shot to his confidence.

Kenny
08-18-2006, 07:46 AM
This will be a huge game for Losman. He needs to prove that he's the starter by playing well (instead of the starter by default due to all the other QBs sucking).
I dont think he needs to score alot of points... he just needs to show that he can move down the field, and not go 3 and out.

'Cause if he stinks it up tonight, we're back at square one with JP, KH, & Nall.

alohabillsfan
08-18-2006, 08:05 AM
I agree with all, he needs to move the chains, make good decisions and throw deep at least twice.

Willis needs to stop running into the backs of the O-line (see Carolina game) and cut to the outside. If you look at the Carolina game at least twice there was a opportunity to cut to the outside and he did not he ran right into the backs of the O-Line, and before you all jump me I realize that at game speed is much different than TIVO speed, but that's what running backs with vision do!

I want to see the same effort on behalf of our defense!

I want Reed to catch the ball.

I want to see Parrish catch the ball in stride.

I want to see any TE get in the seem and catch the ball.

I want to see no more blocked punts.

I want to see no injuries!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-18-2006, 08:06 AM
sure would be nice if JP can cement this deal tonight! It seems he has one good day and then a marginal day to follow, so I want to see consistantcy!

ICE74129
08-18-2006, 08:12 AM
Um...has everyone forgotten this guy won two games in the regular season last year and should have one a 3rd in miami if not for that moron MM?

You guys act like he has never seen a starting defense before. He struggled last week because he played with SCRUBS! The kid should come out and do really well against cinci's starters.

HHURRICANE
08-18-2006, 08:34 AM
i just hope bills coaches dont pull a run run pass on first series of the game. i know we need to get willis and o line some confidence too, but i think a big key to a nice losman start tonight is letting him come out firing tonight:posrep:

I think you are dead on here. The first play should be a deep ball. If we try to go conservative with him it's going to be a long night!!

alohabillsfan
08-18-2006, 08:45 AM
:posrep:

I think you are dead on here. The first play should be a deep ball. If we try to go conservative with him it's going to be a long night!!

I would actually rather see him connect on a quick slant or roll out and drop 1 to a TE or a swing pass to Willis, just to get his confidence

Kerr
08-18-2006, 08:53 AM
This is game he needs to play well in order to walk away with the job.

HHURRICANE
08-18-2006, 09:29 AM
I would actually rather see him connect on a quick slant or roll out and drop 1 to a TE or a swing pass to Willis, just to get his confidence

I flew up to Buffalo for his first pro start against the Texans last year. He came out throwing which put the Texans D on their heels from the start. I believe his first play was a pass for 20 yards. I remember thinking that this is the way you have to utilize this kid, by spreading the field.

I blame MM for much of the Bills poor play on offense after he abandoned the game plan that he used aginst the Texans. If your OL sucks a power running philosophy doesn't work.

Use JP's arm and stretch the D for the run! Than Willis can run and take the pressue off of JP.

TigerJ
08-18-2006, 09:42 AM
I think it's probably unanimous. The pressure is on and JP needs to play well for the sake of the team as well as his own.

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-18-2006, 09:58 AM
Bomb to Evans or Parrish to open the game. I would love to see Price get the first touchdown at home this year, but I highly doubt that will happen.

ICE74129
08-18-2006, 10:10 AM
I don't think it will be a bomb. They are going to run zone from the get go. Hit Evans for a 25 yarder or so like holcomb did last year. There were holes all over the place and they did NOTHING this offseason to fix them.

bills_7
08-18-2006, 11:56 AM
Is it possible for anyone to post play by play... or will NFL.com have it.. without getn that field pass thing

HHURRICANE
08-18-2006, 01:03 PM
Is it possible for anyone to post play by play... or will NFL.com have it.. without getn that field pass thing

Just thinking the same thing. Is it available on Satellite cause I'll go to the local watering hole to watch!!