PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta fans thoughts on possible Price trade...

lordofgun
02-21-2003, 11:20 PM
http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/messageview.cfm?catid=65&threadid=231927

SoCalBillsFan
02-22-2003, 01:13 AM
interesting. Most of them seem a little hesitent, for good reason...

Mr. Miyagi
02-22-2003, 08:18 AM
Someone send that link to Price and his agent, and maybe their swollen heads would deflate a bit.

don137
02-22-2003, 05:00 PM
I think Atlanta fans were a little to harsh in there statments. First of all there are many teams in the market for Boston so they shouldn't think getting Boston is that easy. Secondly, Boston has some baggage. He was injury prone last year and has some off the field issues. Thirdly, one of the reasons Buffalo tagged Price is because so many teams need a good WR so Buffalo could possibly trade with another team and if Atlanta doesn't land Boston they could be left with a player like Dyson who is extremely injury prone. I think Atlanta management is realizing this also.

TigerJ
02-22-2003, 06:10 PM
They act just about the way we would be acting if the shoe were on the other foot. Those selling want to think their merchandise is worth more than it really is. Those buying want to make sure they're getting good value and not over paying. Like it or now, PP is now merchandise, at least in terms of the mentality of teams and fans. I'm a little surprised that some of them actually think that Atlanta might pay a little more than just their first round pick.

don137
02-22-2003, 08:18 PM
Bills fans for the most part were excited to get Bledsoe last year for a first round pick and Bledsoe had a lot of question marks regarding him at the time. I agree with Atlanta fans that they can't break the bank financially or give up two high picks but a first round or a second and third round pick (which I prefer with our scouting department) isn't a lot to ask considering they are getting a top 15 WR. There offense needs a player that can spread the field desparately and if they won't give Buffalo reasonable value then someone else will and risk not getting a player that can help one of there biggest holes. Buffalo is holding all the cards and knowledgable people realize it if they like it or not.
Boston has a ton of baggage regarding injuries and the possible suspension from testing postive for marijuana and cocaine last year by Phoenix police. Not to mention many teams will be in the running for him which could make Boston far more expensive than Price.
Teams can negotiate a deal with Price and then work a trade with Buffalo.

The Natrix
02-23-2003, 01:46 PM
[Quote]Originally posted bt The Natrix

I don't think there would be one Atlanta fan who would have a problem with trading their first for Price [Quote]

I was way off!

Nevertheless, I still think that TD will end up getting at least a first for PP.