PDA

View Full Version : Bengals banged up, if Bills struggle at home...

HAMMER
08-18-2006, 01:01 PM
If we can't beat a team w/o it's starting QB, both starting tackles, starting NT, and two starting LB's, we are going to be in rough shape.
http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=335

gil
08-18-2006, 01:53 PM
I don't know - I'll agree it wouldn't be ideal to not look real good against a banged up team, but neither team is putting in anything approaching their whole playbook in, they're probably not studying their opponent on film too much and it's the second pre-season game.

That being said, there are certain positions (cough, cough, QB, O-Line) where it would be depressing not too see something from.

Captain gameboy
08-18-2006, 01:55 PM
Its not about winning, its about evaluating.

I expect that the Bills' staff is very close to locking in the starters, and that is what this game is about.

The third and fourth q's will be used to get enough time on the reserves to make accurate decisions about second/third strings, and who gets cut.

ICE74129
08-18-2006, 02:03 PM
I gotta say I agree with GB here. Even if they played all defensive starters, I don't see JP having that much of an issue with Cinci's D.

Sam Adams is over rated and past his prime. Their LB's and CB's are good mind you, but Kelly friggin holcomb beat them!!!

DraftBoy
08-18-2006, 02:55 PM
Id like to see our players be succesfful. See the OL hold off the Bengals pass rush, and open up lanes for Willis. Id like to see Jp check down and hit his secondary receivers. Id also like to see Fairchild go deep early and somewhat often. We need to attack Cinci's D. Also on the opposite side of the ball Id like to see our corners get right up and jam Cincy receivers and not let Rudi get beyond the box. Id like to see all the pressue on Anthony Wright to make plays to move the chains.

X-Era
08-18-2006, 03:29 PM
If we can't beat a team w/o it's starting QB, both starting tackles, starting NT, and two starting LB's, we are going to be in rough shape.

umm, lets not minimize the difficulty of this game.

Rudi, Chad, Housh, Eric Steinbach, and Jeremi John. is no clown. Hell Anthony Wright is better at QB than KH in my book.

Justin Smith, David Pollack, and others are there too.

This is no walk in the park.

Many will simply say this crap as a warm up for throwing Losman under the bus if he plays poorly.

SquishDaFish
08-18-2006, 03:31 PM
ITS PRESEASON!!! Who gives a crap who wins or loses. As long as the youngsters get alot of time to get better is all that matters to me. Now if it was reg season and same situation then I can agree with you.

Jeff1220
08-18-2006, 03:39 PM
Hell Anthony Wright is better at QB than KH in my book.

He's better than any of the Bills' QBs right now. Hopefully it won't be long until that's not true.

JD
08-18-2006, 09:28 PM
Yup, were screwed. :rage: