PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal???

SABURZFAN
08-18-2006, 06:40 PM
did that trade between me and Playas go through or did it get rejected?

SABURZFAN
08-19-2006, 05:31 AM
thanks for the answer. :rolleyes:

Ebenezer
08-20-2006, 12:40 AM
thanks for the answer. :rolleyes:
I have not thought of a way to do the salaries yet...I will make a decision tonight for week 2.

Ebenezer
08-21-2006, 03:37 AM
OK..my decision...

when a player is traded half of the remaining contract for that season will count against that years cap. for example...if 1 game has been played then half of 15/16 of the salary will be charged against the cap...in the subsequent year the owner will be charged 33% of the remaining contract. for example...if the player is under contract for 3 years at $10 mil per year the owner will be charged $10 mil against their cap. that should ease the burden while still penalizing the owner getting rid of the player. the acquiring owner assumes the remainder of the contract AS IS.

L.A. Playa
08-21-2006, 08:13 AM
so in terms of this deal is it doable or is the cap hit too much for both teams ???

BillsFever21
08-21-2006, 08:17 AM
OK..my decision...

when a player is traded half of the remaining contract for that season will count against that years cap. for example...if 1 game has been played then half of 15/16 of the salary will be charged against the cap...in the subsequent year the owner will be charged 33% of the remaining contract. for example...if the player is under contract for 3 years at $10 mil per year the owner will be charged $10 mil against their cap. that should ease the burden while still penalizing the owner getting rid of the player. the acquiring owner assumes the remainder of the contract AS IS.

So say somebody was signed for saleries of 7m, 8m, and 10 million starting in this season.

You will have a 3.5 million cap hit for the 2006 cap correct? And then you will have 6 million the next season correct?

If this is the case that isn't too bad. This is correct right?

L.A. Playa
08-21-2006, 10:57 AM
so if my understanding is correct, I would have to assume $3 mil for Tommie Harris contract and be penalized $1.5 mil for Dewayne Robertsons contrace and $50,000 for Nick Collins contract under this scenario I void the trade made becasue im not willing to take that cap hit

SABURZFAN
08-21-2006, 11:03 AM
so in terms of this deal is it doable or is the cap hit too much for both teams ???

can i maneuver with cuts to get under the necessary amount to make this trade happen?if so,i need a list of free agents.

SABURZFAN
08-21-2006, 11:04 AM
so if my understanding is correct, I would have to assume $3 mil for Tommie Harris contract and be penalized $1.5 mil for Dewayne Robertsons contrace and $50,000 for Nick Collins contract under this scenario I void the trade made becasue im not willing to take that cap hit

no prob.

Ebenezer
08-21-2006, 11:58 PM
So say somebody was signed for saleries of 7m, 8m, and 10 million starting in this season.

You will have a 3.5 million cap hit for the 2006 cap correct? And then you will have 6 million the next season correct?

If this is the case that isn't too bad. This is correct right?

for next season you are correct...for this season you would have to divide $7mil by the number of games remaining and then divide by 2.

ryjam282
08-22-2006, 08:37 AM
Eb, going by that same example....Since 6 million is being assumed by the previous owner for the remainder of the contract does the new owner get 6 million removed from the players contract over the life of it? Using the same example the player is paid 7 mil this year and 8 and 10 mil the next 2 years. So, the new owner would assume 3,277,500 for the remaining 15 games of this year and the old owner would take the remainder of the 7 mil for this year. Now, for the rest of the money, the player is owed 18 million (8 and 10 mil for the next 2 years) since the old owner is taking 33% of the remainder of the contract (5.94 million) does that get removed from the the new owners salary?

I think something needs to be addressed there as well cause then the player would be making more then his contract says he should be....Maybe it could be set up to what the old owner is assuming can be removed in equal increments for the remainder of the contract length. For example, in this case the old owner is assuming 5.94 million of the 18 mil still owed to the player. Now, since there is 2 years remaining on the contract you can divide that 5.94 by 2 and get 2.94 million and just remove that 2.94 from each of the 2 years remaining on the contract. So now the new owner's cap hit for next year would be 5.03 million for next year and 7.94 for the year after that.

What do you think Eb? I think this is the only logical way to do things regarding trades but you are the final say, what do YOU say???