PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me, or...

Mr. Miyagi
08-18-2006, 07:35 PM
...did JP just clinche that starter job?

:bf1:

Dozerdog
08-18-2006, 07:48 PM
3 turnovers leading to 13 points, I don't think so yet.

mybills
08-18-2006, 07:49 PM
Next week, Miyagi. Next week! :D

Mr. Miyagi
08-18-2006, 07:53 PM
7 of 11 for 134 and a 46 yard bomb TD? Holcomb couldn't do any better.

Philagape
08-18-2006, 08:43 PM

Maybe in 3 games combined.

DraftBoy
08-18-2006, 08:46 PM
Not close yet, has to show some damn consistency. He was up and down all night. Came back from the INT to throw a pretty bomb but the sacks sound like they were on him and he has to protect the ball better.

TacklingDummy
08-18-2006, 08:47 PM
JP will be starter opening day. That's not really saying much though.

LtFinFan66
08-18-2006, 08:50 PM
7 of 11 for 134 and a 46 yard bomb TD? Holcomb couldn't do any better.Int and 2 fumbles lost has to be mentioned as well:idunno: That being said, I am fine with JP starting:up:

YardRat
08-18-2006, 08:53 PM
I heard a lot of negative from the radio broadcasters, Murphy and Kelso...held on to the ball too long, missed open receivers, etc.

JP may be the starter, but he hasn't done as much to 'win' the job as I'd like him to.

X-Era
08-18-2006, 08:55 PM
JP will be starter opening day. That's not really saying much though.

Nice backtrack, allows you to be right and maintain a cynical view.

Pretty sweet manipulation on your part.

Only, JP will not only win the starting job, but he will get better and better all year long and we will probably be looking at a 2nd year Eli by end of the year.

Hes headed up, it wont work for you, better let it go or it will bury you!

TacklingDummy
08-18-2006, 08:59 PM
Nice backtrack, allows you to be right and maintain a cynical view.
!

I've been saying JP will be starter opening day now for months. Where you been?

DraftBoy
08-18-2006, 09:02 PM
I heard a lot of negative from the radio broadcasters, Murphy and Kelso...held on to the ball too long, missed open receivers, etc.

JP may be the starter, but he hasn't done as much to 'win' the job as I'd like him to.

Complete agreement here, his numbers look good (aside from Turnovers) but the reports havent been as flattering.

X-Era
08-18-2006, 09:05 PM
Complete agreement here, his numbers look good (aside from Turnovers) but the reports havent been as flattering.

Cant fault the facts. They are what they are.

I just think that if he were a #1 overall, the media would have painted an ENTIRELY different picture.

They STILL talk about how great Alex Smith will be, did anyone watch how god awful he was last year?

He may be great, but Losman has shown MUCH more than Smith so far.

TacklingDummy
08-18-2006, 09:07 PM
He may be great, but Losman has shown MUCH more than Smith so far.

I think Losman had a hell of alot more talent around him to work with then Smith has/does.

Put JP on the 9ers and he would look just as bad as Smith, if not worse.

Philagape
08-18-2006, 09:28 PM
JP's an inconsistent starter, very understandable given his experience. If he cuts down on turnovers and gets a little better with his passing, he's a pretty good starter.

evol4276
08-18-2006, 09:34 PM
i would htink so minus the fumbles, which he'll need to work on. but after his rebound from the interception, i'm liking him as a starter right now

HHURRICANE
08-18-2006, 09:42 PM
Without the fumbles, which I didn't see, he would have clinched the starting job.

Did he really hang onto the ball too long or did the OL break down? By the way Murphy is the worst play-by-play guy ever. Does he just yell the whole time. OH!!! IT LOOKS LIKE THE BILLS ARE TAKING A TIME OUTTTTT!!!!

Really missed Van Miller. Haven't heard Bills radio in a while living here in Atlanta.

Anyway Murphy called it as a rushed play and than said Losman hung onto the ball too long so I was confused. Anybody know?!

Luisito23
08-19-2006, 01:22 AM
It's just you Miyagi....

GO BILLS!!!!!!

ublinkwescore
08-19-2006, 01:31 AM
And me too.

though I think Nall should replace Holcombe as both the #2, and the only competition Losman has - I'd hate to think we passed up on our one year wonder Kurt Warner (that would be Nall) because Jauron already made his decision. I expect to see Nall be #2 into the game next week - and if he does good again and Losman is inconsistent, bump Nall up to #1 to see what he can do with the starters against starters and put JP in #2 and Holcombe can kick rocks for all I care - I think I'd rather have Kingsbury at #3 just for the fact that neither will do anything, and Kingsbury will ensure a better draft spot.

Michael82
08-19-2006, 01:38 AM
And me too.

though I think Nall should replace Holcombe as both the #2, and the only competition Losman has - I'd hate to think we passed up on our one year wonder Kurt Warner (that would be Nall) because Jauron already made his decision. I expect to see Nall be #2 into the game next week - and if he does good again and Losman is inconsistent, bump Nall up to #1 to see what he can do with the starters against starters and put JP in #2 and Holcombe can kick rocks for all I care - I think I'd rather have Kingsbury at #3 just for the fact that neither will do anything, and Kingsbury will ensure a better draft spot.
Good post! :bf1:

clumping platelets
08-19-2006, 01:39 AM
Int and 2 fumbles lost has to be mentioned as well:idunno: That being said, I am fine with JP starting:up:

Shades of Ray Lucas

SABURZFAN
08-19-2006, 06:17 AM

using Wys' method....

if you take away that 46 yard TD......

:couch: :snicker:

alohabillsfan
08-19-2006, 07:45 AM
Int and 2 fumbles lost has to be mentioned as well:idunno: That being said, I am fine with JP starting:up:

It does sound alot like Cullpepper, So I am sure you would be comfortable! :dolfan: