PDA

View Full Version : this team is being destroyed

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-18-2006, 10:22 PM
This bills team is being destroyed by the QB debate.

We hang on every freaking play like it is the defining moment and proves one point of view or another.

JP throws a 14 yarder= hes our starter
JP throws a pick= we are doomed forever
JP throws a 40+ yard bomb=hes our starter for sure
JP fumbles=the apocolypse is upon us
Nall has two drives for scores against guys who will be bagging groceries at the Piggly Wiggly next month= he is GOD!

it all leaves me sick to my stomach.

the team, the fans, all are so confused and cant get behind ANYONE and we wonder why the offense is a mish mash.

DJ! NAME A STARTER AND TELL EVERY ONE TO ACCEPT IT OR GO POUND SALT! THEN TELL EVERYONE THAT YOUR STARTER IS NOT COMING OUT UNLESS HE SUFFERS A TRAUMATIC AMPUTATION!

I NO LONGER care if it is JP, NALL or Sister St. Francis Just PICK ONE and lets get a team around him!

Oh, and shut the heck up TacklingDummy.. you are even more nausiating then the QB debate.
nothing personal, just buzz off. (Said in a friendly sort of way)

Philagape
08-18-2006, 10:26 PM
Sister St. Francis has tendonitis in her throwing elbow.

Typ0
08-18-2006, 10:37 PM
we should have drafter cutler and increased the odds the QB position would be solved in two years.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-18-2006, 10:38 PM
we should have drafter cutler and increased the odds the QB position would be solved in two years.

cutler? we left linhart sitting on the shelf. who cares! NAME THE DANG STARTER AND BE DONE WITH IT!

ICE74129
08-18-2006, 10:42 PM
Here is the deal, go listen to Jaurons Post game. Unfortunately for Scottie lawrance and his pal TDummy, He isn't going to change the depth chart. I expect JP to be named the full starter come monday.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-18-2006, 10:45 PM
Here is the deal, go listen to Jaurons Post game. Unfortunately for Scottie lawrance and his pal TDummy, He isn't going to change the depth chart. I expect JP to be named the full starter come monday.

double quadruple mega pos rep to you ICE. Now go tell DJ!

ICE74129
08-19-2006, 08:47 AM
"He's got to protect the football," Jauron said of Losman. "You cannot do that with the football. I think we have to be forcefully patient. We've seen him perform. He's got a strong arm. He's tough. He'll stand in the pocket and take a hit. Sometimes he holds on to the ball too long. But we'll just keep working and move forward."

That = JP's the starter and they have already made that decision, they now just have to announce it.

X-Era
08-19-2006, 08:55 AM

We hang on every freaking play like it is the defining moment and proves one point of view or another.

Nall has two drives for scores against guys who will be bagging groceries at the Piggly Wiggly next month= he is GOD!

the team, the fans, all are so confused and cant get behind ANYONE and we wonder why the offense is a mish mash.

DJ! NAME A STARTER AND TELL EVERY ONE TO ACCEPT IT OR GO POUND SALT! THEN TELL EVERYONE THAT YOUR STARTER IS NOT COMING OUT UNLESS HE SUFFERS A TRAUMATIC AMPUTATION!

I NO LONGER care if it is JP, NALL or Sister St. Francis Just PICK ONE and lets get a team around him!

Oh, and shut the heck up TacklingDummy.. you are even more nausiating then the QB debate.

I dont agree, but its about to end anyways. Jauron will again start Losman next week but will fall a bit short of naming him the starter this week.

Why? because no coach wants to name a starter after a 2 fumble and int for a TD game. He'll simply wait until Losman plays better against the lowly Browns.

Losmans got the job already, its over already. Jauron simply is playing the game so he silences the critics.

HHURRICANE
08-19-2006, 09:02 AM

You just made Keith's point. It's that type of attitude that keeps the team from moving forward. We don't have Cutler or Leinart. We have Losman, so name him the starter and develop the O for the opener.

I think we can beat NE!!!!!

djjimkelly
08-19-2006, 09:03 AM
"He's got to protect the football," Jauron said of Losman. "You cannot do that with the football. I think we have to be forcefully patient. We've seen him perform. He's got a strong arm. He's tough. He'll stand in the pocket and take a hit. Sometimes he holds on to the ball too long. But we'll just keep working and move forward."

That = JP's the starter and they have already made that decision, they now just have to announce it.

ice brother i couldnt agree with you more thats exactly what i read into this.

this qb battle was over before it started its been an illusion the whole time

ParanoidAndroid
08-19-2006, 09:43 AM

Is there any such thing as an amputation that is not traumatic?

I think this is a fan's perception and saying "this is destroying the team" is a bit of exaggeration.

I also don't think anyone said Nall is God, but he shouldn't be shelved until we've seen what he can do with this offense.

So far, JP has been good but very mistake prone. I would like to see him improve and become our franchise QB, but it appears he has some work to do.

It's a tough situation this team is in at the QB spot and it demands patience which it appears many of us do not have.

One thing I'm happy about is that they scored 31 points after all those turnovers. I think the offense showed some potential to explode.

Captain gameboy
08-19-2006, 09:49 AM
Way too much emotion about this the day after the second preseason game.
Because the fan base, as represented by this site, is wrapped around the axle about it does not mean the team is.
Let the staff make its decision. I'm quite sure the team knows whats going on to a great extent.

RedEyE
08-19-2006, 10:36 AM
http://preparesmart.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/SS-3020.jpg

Typ0
08-19-2006, 10:44 AM
People seem to be hiding behind a shield with Losman. Because the coaching staff last year didn't give him a full season of starts many assume he should be named the starter so we can "find out". It's like you guys think he's still a rookie or something. Well he's not a rookie and only playing in ten games is not an excuse for not being on top of things out there. I see some really promising things from JP and always have...but I also see him bumbling around. He just isn't decisive enough and that is going to lose us games, get him killed, and shatter his mentality towards the game.

X-Era
08-19-2006, 11:20 AM
People seem to be hiding behind a shield with Losman. Because the coaching staff last year didn't give him a full season of starts many assume he should be named the starter so we can "find out". It's like you guys think he's still a rookie or something. Well he's not a rookie and only playing in ten games is not an excuse for not being on top of things out there. I see some really promising things from JP and always have...but I also see him bumbling around. He just isn't decisive enough and that is going to lose us games, get him killed, and shatter his mentality towards the game.
Not decisive enough? If anything he is more willing to pull the trigger this year.

1) Evans said JP told him he was just gonna put it up there and Evans should try to grab it. That was the long TD bomb. Thats decisive and a willingness to throw it to your people who can make the plays.

2) The Reed int was being TOO decisive. Reed ran the wrong route, JP threw it where it belonged, took the chance, and Reed should have been there.

3) Last week, JP threw the ball early on some plays due to a quick rush. He threw it to Gates just before he was suppose to and gave Gates a chance instead of taking the sack. It worked. Thats decisive.

Not being decisive is sitting back their with happy feet, trying to run all the time, and taking sacks. Its looking like your lost. I honestly can say Losman has been VERY decisive this year. He has shown lots of poise against a relentless rush, has drilled the ball into double coverage for receptions. Its night and day vs. the guy that held onto the ball for way to long last year.

His mistakes are shaking rust off. The fumbles are something that happens sometimes. He had too many this last game, thats for sure. But is it an abberation or a chronic problem. We will have to wait and see.

Peyton was 3 and 13 his first year but he STARTED THE WHOLE YEAR ANYWAYS. He lost 13 out of 16 games!!!

Losman has had only 10 games as you have said. Even if he lost ALL of them, why shouldnt he have the chance to start and play?

The problem is many here dont want to wait on a young QB.

Like Ive said a thousand times, if you tellin me you want a blockbuster trade for a playoff caliper QB, OK fine. But dont hold your breath it wont happen. If Levy wanted to, he would have made that move or signed Brees or traded for Culpepper. His lack of any move shows you that the Bills brass is just fine with what we have. Like it or not, the brass is happy with our QB's.

Holcomb? What exactly has Holcomb done to be worthy of the starting role? ZIP.

Nall? He hasnt had the snaps, he isnt ready to play due to rustyness. Furthermore, many people have seen that he has a weaker arm than Holcomb and less experience than Losman. What could he tangibly bring at this point, NOTHING.

The arguement isnt about Losman needing to be a soldi every week performer/winner. Its about no better option at this point.

Like it or lump it, thats what weve got. Losmans the best option, there are NO other options that our brass will take, obviously. So, we have what we have. That said, Losmans gonna get his year of starting. IF he screws it up, the case is over, we need another QB NOW!

All the *****ing in the world wont change it. Be patient, Losman himslef will either take his rope and run with it or hang himself. Either way, by seasons end, we will know EXACTLY what we have.

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-19-2006, 11:48 AM
I don't think Nall has a weaker arm than Holcomb.

Michael82
08-19-2006, 06:40 PM

Man, anyone else think that JP learned from Bledsoe too much? He's doing a lot of the same things....

Patting the ball several times before throwing it. (Gotten much better at this)
Holding onto the ball too long. (Again, is getting better with this)
Taking the sack instead of trying to get rid of the ball. (Getting a little better)