X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Billscusey
    • Nov 2004

Is it too early to remind everyone.....

that we could have drafted Matt Leinart? I only mention it because it seems a bit relevant at this time.. But hey, no worries, I'M SURE that Donte Whitner is going to more than justify being picked instead. Quarterbacks come and go, BUT A GOOD SAFETY, THAT'S A MUST!!!!
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Is it too early to remind everyone.....

No thanks.

We had to have JP prove to the rest of the Losmanics that he is a bust. Drafting Leinart would of been the wrong choice. With Leinart on the team the Bills wouldn't be picking Brady Quinn next year.

Quinn, Losman, or Leinart? I know who i'd pick.

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

No, it's not relevant.
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

It's not relevant at all...we haven't even given JP an actual shot to show us whether he will or won't be any good. QB's generally struggle as rookies. Hell, if we went on the feeling that we should draft a new QB everytime a 1st rounder doesn't light up the world his first year, then in addition to Leinart this year, we'll likely be drafting Brady Quinn next year as well
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
          Maybe?
          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Billscusey
          that we could have drafted Matt Leinart? I only mention it because it seems a bit relevant at this time.. But hey, no worries, I'M SURE that Donte Whitner is going to more than justify being picked instead. Quarterbacks come and go, BUT A GOOD SAFETY, THAT'S A MUST!!!!
          While I still fully believe the jury is out on JP, I do see some merit to your thinking. Even though I know there are examples on both sides of this statement, there are certain players that you just "know" are going to work out. Obviously anything can happen with Matt, but the odds are definitely in his favor.

So, although hindsight is 20/20, if he turns out to be another Montana et al, there will definitely be a truckload of crow to eat since we took a safety instead. That's for sure.

P.S. I never liked the Witner pick regardless of how he pans out. I stand by my opinion that you just don't reach for a safety with your #8 pick. While important, that position just isn't as crucial as others, e.g., LT, QB, DE, etc.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
            Maybe?
            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster
            we'll likely be drafting Brady Quinn next year as well
            I hope I'm wrong but this is a definite possibility. We have a good chance IMO to go 4-12 and as a result net a top 5 pick. Unless JP shows strong progess (which I really, really want him to do...I don't want to draft yet_another_qb if we don't have to), I can easily see Marv cutting bait on TD's project and drafting a Quinn.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

No, but it isn't too early to remind anyone that we could have drafted Nick Mangold instead of McCargo.

And it isn't too early to remind anyone that if we lost the Bengals game, we could have drafted D'Brickashaw Ferguson.

And it isn't too early to remind anyone that we could have traded down to get Davin Joseph.

The problem, like always, is the the offensive line! It's horrible!!!!

Comment

• Tinboy
                • Aug 2004

Tell you what, I like what i saw from Losman yesterday. Sure he didn't hold on to the balls and he threw an int. But he rebounded from that and played well the next series. Give him 16 games and he will be a good qb.

Comment

• Luisito23
                  Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
                  The problem, like always, is the the offensive line! It's horrible!!!!

So sick of hearing this excuse year after year.....

GO BILLS!!!!!!
                  "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                  ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                  ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                  ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Crisis
                    • Aug 2004

Isn't Leinart banging the Hilton whore?

I'll pass!
                    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                    Vanek is Austrian not European
                    Originally posted by Prov401
                    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                    Originally posted by better days
                    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Luisito23
                      So sick of hearing this excuse year after year.....

GO BILLS!!!!!!
                      and i'm soo sick of nothing being done about it. The offensive line looked atrocious. Yeah, some of the sacks for Losman's fault, but still...they didn't give him a lot of time to throw, plus they hardly opened up any holes for the running game.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billscusey

drafting leinart would have p!$$ed off a lot of Bills fans with the holdout.
                        Originally posted by yordad
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Billscusey
                          • Nov 2004

Anyone watching the Patriots - Cardinals game? Yeah, Leinart is playing a *****ing stellar game! Almost perfect! He's making the Cardinals look good......THE CARDINALS!!! Yep, I sure am glad he's not playing for this team......who wants to win anyway?

Comment

• Philagape
                            WIN NOW
                            • Jul 2002

He's 3-6, 20 yards
                            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• raphael120
                              Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                              • Oct 2005

"He's 3-6, 20 yards "

if leinart is playing stellar, then holcomb is playing universally cosmically TOTALLY AWESOME

Comment

Working...
                              X