PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts after leaving the game......

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-19-2006, 02:31 AM
I honestly was encouraged by what I saw from our starters. I don't need to talk about Willis because you all understand what he is capable of. I thought it was awesome to see JP come right back in and respond the way he did after throwing the pick. I really think this team is starting to get behind him. The fumbles are inexcusable, but I can't see that happening all the time. I thought our D looked good aside from Nate Clements letting Chad Johnson run wild. They only gave up one touchdown as all the other points were off turnovers if I remember correctly. I think the OL played better tonight than last game which should be expected against a weaker DL. Lee Evans could have a big year with JP as the QB. Another reciever needs to step up and be the #2. Our backups were not good at all tonight which surprised me a bit on defense. I thought our depth on defense was one of our strengths, but tonight makes me think twice about that. Overall I think that if JP is given the season to improve we won't need to worry about Brady Quinn. Right now we need to worry about getting Willis signed, and getting Youboty or Greer to take over for overrated Nate Clements.

Michael82
08-19-2006, 02:53 AM
Good post! :bf1:

J-Dog
08-19-2006, 03:02 AM
I agree, the starters looked good, and we do have to address Clements. I don't know what has happened to him, but he has lost something. He used to shut WR down. Now all he does is gets burned. Looking at the stats we beat them in almost every catagory. Obviously the turn overs hurt us and we have to do a better job protecting the ball. My main concern this year is our pass defense!

Michael82
08-19-2006, 03:28 AM
BTW....did anyone else at the game hear the booing when Holcomb went in the game? I laughed my ass off. It was hilarious. But I did feel a little bad for him too. :(

And then when Nall was put in, the crowd cheered! :D

ddaryl
08-19-2006, 04:56 AM
I wish people would not be so harsh on players. I don't think Holcomb deserved to be booed for any reason. He is what he is, and he deserves his preseason shot.

Hopefully Nall will prove to be at least the #2 though since I don't believe in KH just the same.

SABURZFAN
08-19-2006, 06:00 AM
clements is as good as gone after the season.why are the Bills going to overpay him with a multi-year contract?

bflojohn
08-19-2006, 06:36 AM
This is just me, so put away your pitch forks, but the Bills should discreetly see about the "market" for Nate Clements. I still think that Tom Donahoes' best move was the franchising of Peerless that netted a first round pick. Everyone knows that regardless of production, Nate will "score" big in free agency when his time comes. Head this off by trading him away in a "rebuilding year" and reap the benefits of being a MAJOR player next April. Gregg Williams, as an example, would lobby for Nate in Washington!

Historian
08-19-2006, 07:28 AM
I'm no great Clements fan, but in all fairness, Johnson's pass receiving was pretty spectacular last night.

Night Train
08-19-2006, 07:45 AM
My thoughts after the game was Losman has to quit thinking his big arm can overcome his carelessness protecting the ball. The rest of the team may not tolerate this and then we're right back to a locker room having Vets doubting their QB. Holcomb is not the answer.

Losmans still the starter and should be. Still, Jauron really needs to have a talk with him. That INT was just as bad as the Holcomb INT a week ago. Plus he didn't tuck the ball away on those 2 fumbles, even though he was already surrounded by Bengals. Inexcusable. POISE does count in this league and he must find some, instead of just throwing caution to the wind.

I support the guy but the question of whether he's improving between the ears will never leave unless he stops making multiple mental boners during the game. Then the Coaches will just have to call a more conservative gameplan, fearing a JP turnover.

Nall was OK but cannot move, ala Bledsoe. So I know it's sink or swim with JP.

ICE74129
08-19-2006, 07:56 AM
I wish people would not be so harsh on players. I don't think Holcomb deserved to be booed for any reason. He is what he is, and he deserves his preseason shot.

Hopefully Nall will prove to be at least the #2 though since I don't believe in KH just the same. Sure he deserved it. He's a locker room lawyer that helped lead to JP getting benched. He isn't a starter and needs to get that though his head

Meathead
08-19-2006, 08:08 AM
holcomb was booed?!? oh you people are whack

don137
08-19-2006, 08:19 AM
Holcomb is a very boring QB to watch and he lulls fans to sleep because nothing exciting happens when he is in the game. He is too conservative however he does try to help the Bills win. I wish fans would realize even though he does suck he is trying out there and he shouldn't be booed when coming on to the field.
With JP it is sink or swim. He will definitely keep fans on the edge of there seats whether it is a long pass, scrambling or a bonehead play. Unfortunately thanks to Mularkey and company Losman did not get enough starts last year and still needs to grow a lot as a QB. The good thing is he is much better than last year and that is very positive.

SABURZFAN
08-19-2006, 08:26 AM

Mikey laughed at him too.

Night Train
08-19-2006, 08:53 AM

I did neither. I just shook my head, knowing he really doesn't belong on this team. As bad as he looked at times last season, he's looked far worse this summer and his lack of will just seems to be leaving behind his marginal ability. He's deteriorating rapidly.

I think it's more of an indictment on the desperate lack of quality among backup QB's. When you still see Rob Johnson and Todd Collins getting pre-season snaps, you know how bad the situation is. It's hard to even grab a marginal guy on waivers.

Nall should stick but Holcomb forces the entire Offense to dumb down and basically give Moorman more work.

HHURRICANE
08-19-2006, 09:11 AM
BTW....did anyone else at the game hear the booing when Holcomb went in the game? I laughed my ass off. It was hilarious. But I did feel a little bad for him too. :(

And then when Nall was put in, the crowd cheered! :D

I heard the boos on Sirius and because Murphy didn't say anything I thought it was something else. Obviously 48,000 fans get it!!

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-19-2006, 11:51 AM
I booed him, but not because I have something aainst him. I booed him to show who I put my support behind.

Michael82
08-19-2006, 06:47 PM
I booed him, but not because I have something aainst him. I booed him to show who I put my support behind.
I didn't boo, I just kinda laughed! :snicker:

Michael82
08-19-2006, 06:48 PM
I heard the boos on Sirius and because Murphy didn't say anything I thought it was something else. Obviously 48,000 fans get it!!
I was wondering if they were going to say anything about the boos on the radio. It was pretty obvious.