PDA

View Full Version : Why Would anyone want JP to fail?

carybillsfan
08-19-2006, 08:09 AM
He had a decent game last night, yeah a couple of fumbles, but still pretty good. The int was no big deal, I remember Kelly throwing about 30 of those same picks over his career. What's better is how he came back from the pick, he played a great next series...thats what I want in a qb.

Do you JP haters enjoy the torment of knock someone else down? So I ask you this:

If not JP then who? ...KH-sucks,CN-no judgement yet but he can't even beat out KH for the 2nd string.

Maybe we should just forfeit the entire season and roll the dice with another sure fire qb like Brady. Because everyone knows he'll be a star.

ICE74129
08-19-2006, 08:12 AM
And the entire time NO ONE Mentions Willis' Fumble on the bungles 28 that was a 10-14 point swing. At worst we get a FG out of it, most likely a TD.

Night Train
08-19-2006, 08:17 AM
I want JP to be our QB but the guy is in desperate need of some poise.

Those 2 fumbles and the INT were terrible. Trying to just gloss over it is silly, since that type of play will cost us during the season.

SABURZFAN
08-19-2006, 08:23 AM
i was in buffalo for the draft party when we drafted losman.i wasn't happy with the pick back then and i'm still not happy with it.being that i am a Bills fan,i hope he does well.i wasn't happy when we drafted kelly either but he turned out to be ok.

carybillsfan
08-19-2006, 08:26 AM
I want JP to be our QB but the guy is in desperate need of some poise.

Those 2 fumbles and the INT were terrible. Trying to just gloss over it is silly, since that type of play will cost us during the season.

It's the preseason, he's learning. Poise only comes with time, and playing experience. He'll struggle this year, but its building for the future.

don137
08-19-2006, 08:26 AM
I just think every team has a few fans that you can never please. Some fans think JP Losman should just walk on the field and instantly becomes the next Jim Kelly. JP has showed much improvement over last year but the coachig staff will work on his fumbles. If he does not get better than there is cause for concern but it is still too early to raise the white flag and say lets draft Quinn.

BlackMetalNinja
08-19-2006, 08:38 AM
He had a decent game last night, yeah a couple of fumbles, but still pretty good. The int was no big deal, I remember Kelly throwing about 30 of those same picks over his career. What's better is how he came back from the pick, he played a great next series...thats what I want in a qb.

Do you JP haters enjoy the torment of knock someone else down? So I ask you this:

If not JP then who? ...KH-sucks,CN-no judgement yet but he can't even beat out KH for the 2nd string.

Maybe we should just forfeit the entire season and roll the dice with another sure fire qb like Brady. Because everyone knows he'll be a star.

Where were you able to watch the game? Oh, and P.S. Don't Drink the Water!

carybillsfan
08-19-2006, 09:01 AM
Where were you able to watch the game? Oh, and P.S. Don't Drink the Water!

Didn't see it, listened on Sirius and saw highlights on NFL network, I'm ok with the water, I live in western Cary, off Hwy 55. They said our water is okay, we use bottled water for pretty much everything anyways.

Oh an by the way Kelso on the radio sucks..John Murphy should lose him fast...I mean I don't need toi hear a life story between every play.

BlackMetalNinja
08-20-2006, 08:54 PM
Didn't see it, listened on Sirius and saw highlights on NFL network, I'm ok with the water, I live in western Cary, off Hwy 55. They said our water is okay, we use bottled water for pretty much everything anyways.

Oh an by the way Kelso on the radio sucks..John Murphy should lose him fast...I mean I don't need toi hear a life story between every play.

Ahh, I think I need to switch from XM to Sirius so I can get the Bills games at least... All the water is supposed to be alright by now too, we went through 2 gallons of bottled water in the meantime though, that's pretty much all we drink. I didn't know Kelso was doing Color this season eitheer.

YardRat
08-20-2006, 09:01 PM
Oh an by the way Kelso on the radio sucks

He's a rookie...give him the full 16 game season to learn on the job. Sure, he sucks now and fumbled his words more than once, but he has great potential.

:D

Drive 4 Five
08-20-2006, 09:08 PM
Sadly, I think there actually are fans out there who want Losman to fail, just so they can say they were right.

northernbillfan
08-20-2006, 09:14 PM
I don't wish failure upon anyone associated with this organization, unless they go to another team.

carybillsfan
08-21-2006, 08:37 AM
He's a rookie...give him the full 16 game season to learn on the job. Sure, he sucks now and fumbled his words more than once, but he has great potential.

Potential my ass, he told a life story between every play, Murph should let him know he's not Madden, no one cares what he has to say.

Jan Reimers
08-21-2006, 08:52 AM
I think what we saw from JP Friday night is what we are going to see for the first several games this season - big plays, big mistakes, inconsistency, and potential greatness. Jauron, unlike Mularkey, needs to stay patient, and so do we. JP is a young, raw talent with much to learn.

JP should develop better awareness and poise as he plays and the season progresses, but it's going to be frustrating for a while.

I, for one, am excited by his arm, his mobility and his athleticism, and want to see him play. Only time - playing time, that is - will tell if he can live up to his potential.

THATHURMANATOR
08-21-2006, 08:53 AM

People are idiots that is why.

TacklingDummy
08-21-2006, 08:56 AM

Rookie years are irrelevant. I would give you a comparison (History Lesson) right now. But I don't feel like it.

OpIv37
08-21-2006, 08:56 AM

Why is it that people on this board have such a difficult time with the distinction between "want" and "think"? I don't think there is anyone here who WANTS JP to fail, although several people have said they THINK he will fail. I WANT the Bills to go 19-0 and be SB champs, but I THINK the Bills will be lucky to go 6-10. Wanting something doesn't make it any more likely to to happen.

OpIv37
08-21-2006, 09:01 AM
I just think every team has a few fans that you can never please. Some fans think JP Losman should just walk on the field and instantly becomes the next Jim Kelly. JP has showed much improvement over last year but the coachig staff will work on his fumbles. If he does not get better than there is cause for concern but it is still too early to raise the white flag and say lets draft Quinn.

You think 3 turnovers and struggling against both Carolina and Cincy's first team is an improvement over last year? I thought JP showed some mild signs of improvement against Carolina, then he completely regressed against Cincy. There's a difference between expecting Losman to step on the field and be the next Jim Kelly and expecting him NOT to turn the ball over 3 times in a half. No fan who wants to see the team do well should be pleased with that performance.

I'm hoping JP can pull it off and become a starting QB, but anyone who saw that performance and doesn't have at least a little bit of doubt is wearing red and blue colored glasses.

If Daunte Culpepper had 3 TO's in his first game for the Fins, we'd be laughing and joking about it all week.

don137
08-21-2006, 09:25 AM
You think 3 turnovers and struggling against both Carolina and Cincy's first team is an improvement over last year? I thought JP showed some mild signs of improvement against Carolina, then he completely regressed against Cincy. There's a difference between expecting Losman to step on the field and be the next Jim Kelly and expecting him NOT to turn the ball over 3 times in a half. No fan who wants to see the team do well should be pleased with that performance.

I'm hoping JP can pull it off and become a starting QB, but anyone who saw that performance and doesn't have at least a little bit of doubt is wearing red and blue colored glasses.

If Daunte Culpepper had 3 TO's in his first game for the Fins, we'd be laughing and joking about it all week.

Daunte Culpepper has played a lot more football than Losman but I guess that does not matter in the eyes of a pessimist. I do not think anyone is happy that he was involved in three turnovers the other day but those fumbles can be worked on. With the INT there is some controversey on if Reed ran the wrong pattern or not. He did not play well in the beginning against Carolina but then settled down and did good. He has improved as a QB over last year but in the eyes of eternal pessimist thats hard to see. He is not the complete QB yet and maybe he never will be but he has only started 8 games in the NFL thanks to that yutz Mularkey. We can tell by the end of the year if he is our future at QB. Not everyone can have the fortune of Roethisberger and come into a situation where you have a stud Oline and defense so very little pressure is put on the QB.

TedMock
08-21-2006, 10:58 AM

I understand what you're saying, and I agree with a lot of it, but I still think the OVERALL performance is improving - even this week with the bad turnovers. The fumbles don't bother me right now only because it's a fundamental issue that is correctable provided he makes a conscience effort to fix it. Hopefully he does. The INT on the "out" throw was ugly, but it's the same one we've seen a million times go back for a TD. That was the one pass Jim Kelly gave to other teams on quite a few occasions, and always made me nervous. I'm not forgiving him for it, it was ugly. I'm just not jumping on him after one bad pass. The reason is because of how he responded to it. What truly scares me are the passes in the dirt. They're not turnovers, but they could prove crucial on third down. That is the area which needs the most work.

As for the overall arm, I'm happy with it. He threw a strike on the 46 yard bomb, the 47 yarder was only about a 7-yard pass that Evans then took to the house, there was also a 10-yarder and 8-yarder, along with a couple of 4-yard dumps to the RB's. The most important pass was immediately after the bad INT. It was the very first play following the pick, and it was a 22-yarder. He responded positively to a bad pick. That is quietly a huge deal.

Losman needs work - no question about it, but he does look better out there. A friend asked if he looked "Rob Johnson" to me. Absolutely not. The main difference is that although Losman has held onto the ball too long, and although his pocket presence isn't always there, he DOES NOT look completely lost. Johnson had a real "deer in headlights" look about him all the time. Losman needs to get wiser in the pocket, but he's certainly not lost back there. I think the inconsistency is going to continue through several weeks (maybe even 8 or 10 games) of the season. The only way to cure that is repitition. The offense does show signs of quick-strike explosiveness, but also signs of quick-strike self-explosiveness. It'll take time to get it all clicking together. Be patient. Now, IF Losman has Alex Smith type number through half the year, then pull him as we'll know he's not our answer. However, if he's showing steadily improving, yet inconsistent numbers, we keep him in because the inconsistency is improving, and the future is bright.