• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Heres whats gonna happen with JP

Jauron will again start Losman next week but will fall a bit short of naming him the starter this week.

Why? because no coach wants to name a starter after a 2 fumble and int for a TD game. He'll simply wait until Losman plays better against the lowly Browns.

The shortsighted media will have no choice but to go along with Losman as the starter if he has a 2 TD game with no ints and no fumbles against the Browns.

Losmans got the job already, its over already. Jauron has showed his hand by the rep number, the length of play, and starting JP this week. Jauron simply is playing the game so he silences the critics.

Just look at his post game comments:

1) Dick says we have to be forcefully patient with JP, not the comments from someone who wants to start someone else. Its support and defense for JP

2) Already stated there will be little change in the depth chart after the game. Again supports JP as the starter.

3) Deflected blame from JP on the int by talking about how it was a scheme mismatch and Reed didnt pick his route.

4) Dick was asked if JP needed to simply show the long ball in this game to win the job and Jauron responded that that was the case.

The situation is over. KH has shown nothing, got a total of 2 series, hes buried on this team. Jauron is showing no faith in him. Nall hasnt had enough reps for us to give him a real chance.

Jauron will wait till after the next game only because he doesnt want to hand the job to Losman after all those turnovers. But its already over and Dick himself has told everyone that.

• Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Heres whats gonna happen with JP

I agree. Good post.

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

I think its a bad idea. Name him now and end it. Let Nall whip holcomb for the #2 job, cut holcomb and move on. The sooner we put this behind us the sooner we get ready for the Regular season.

And from what I see, we need ALL the preperation time we can get.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

If Losman has any turnovers against Cleveland, and Nall plays relatively well, it's just going to make the decision tougher.

He also stated that we can't be laying the ball on the ground.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• X-Era
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
          I think its a bad idea. Name him now and end it. Let Nall whip holcomb for the #2 job, cut holcomb and move on. The sooner we put this behind us the sooner we get ready for the Regular season.

And from what I see, we need ALL the preperation time we can get.
          Ohh, Id love to see that to, but you cant name JP the starter after a 3 turnover game. It just lets too many critics have a field day. If he waits one more game, and JP is solid, that arguement gets killed.

Theres enough people doubting Losman and the team, the last thing you need to do is give them fuel for the fire.

Comment

• shelby
            The Vanilla *****
            • Jul 2002

What if he has a big turnover game again this week?

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by shelby
              If that happens its cause for concern.

I just think its highly unlikely.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by shelby
                You just took the words out of my mouth. I think you name JP as the starter now citing his work in camp, his ability to spread the D, and the positives in the pre-season games so we don't have a QB controversy after the Browns game.

Nall getting hurt is nobody's fault but Nall has missed too many snaps. If JP is still playing crappy in week 9 than you can yank him in favor of Nall.

Let Nall compete for #2!!!!

Kelly needs to be holding a clipboard!!

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                  Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                  • Mar 2003

I think KH's stats would of been more impressive had
                  1. Davis not dropped a easy pass.
                  2. Lionel Gates converts on 4 & 1.
                  3. On 3 & 2 Pennington does not have a false start.

I don't think he had a fair shot to prove he could still play. Losman was forgiven almost instantly after he threw the same throw KH threw last week and was demoted for. I still think JP should be the starter, but he has not shown he is CONSIDERABLY better than KH YET.
                  "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                  -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by jp-era
                    Ohh, Id love to see that to, but you cant name JP the starter after a 3 turnover game. It just lets too many critics have a field day. If he waits one more game, and JP is solid, that arguement gets killed.

Theres enough people doubting Losman and the team, the last thing you need to do is give them fuel for the fire.
                    If DJ had a sac like Coughlin he wouldn't care. If he doesn't name him we again have a weak HC.

I mean when JP has a 3 turnover regular season game, what then? Does DJ bench him?

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Jauron is just praying JP doesn't turn the ball over against Cleveland. Literally on his hands and knees praying, I bet.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
                        Jauron is just praying JP doesn't turn the ball over against Cleveland. Literally on his hands and knees praying, I bet.
                        then he is a weak POS and we made the wrong choice...AGAIN for the head coach.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                          Maybe?
                          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by ICE74129
                          then he is a weak POS and we made the wrong choice...AGAIN for the head coach.
                          I'll save you the suspense and tell you right now that he is the wrong choice. What sucks is that we'll have to go through 3 years of BS until we try yet again.

NOTE: THIS IS MY OPINION. I AM NOT STATING FACT.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                            I'll save you the suspense and tell you right now that he is the wrong choice. What sucks is that we'll have to go through 3 years of BS until we try yet again.

NOTE: THIS IS MY OPINION. I AM NOT STATING FACT.
                            I'll give you one worse...he's the next Bledsoe but mobile...he's going to give up the untimely TO and behind this line he is going to get sacked a lot...worse, even with a good line I think he would get sacked too much...he doesn't show a lot of pocket presence.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
                              I think KH's stats would of been more impressive had
                              1. Davis not dropped a easy pass.
                              2. Lionel Gates converts on 4 & 1.
                              3. On 3 & 2 Pennington does not have a false start.

I don't think he had a fair shot to prove he could still play. Losman was forgiven almost instantly after he threw the same throw KH threw last week and was demoted for. I still think JP should be the starter, but he has not shown he is CONSIDERABLY better than KH YET.
                              Sure he has, now deal with it. Make sure you follow holcomb to his new team when cut

Comment

Working...
                              X