PDA

View Full Version : Heres whats gonna happen with JP

X-Era
08-19-2006, 09:09 AM
Jauron will again start Losman next week but will fall a bit short of naming him the starter this week.

Why? because no coach wants to name a starter after a 2 fumble and int for a TD game. He'll simply wait until Losman plays better against the lowly Browns.

The shortsighted media will have no choice but to go along with Losman as the starter if he has a 2 TD game with no ints and no fumbles against the Browns.

Losmans got the job already, its over already. Jauron has showed his hand by the rep number, the length of play, and starting JP this week. Jauron simply is playing the game so he silences the critics.

Just look at his post game comments:

1) Dick says we have to be forcefully patient with JP, not the comments from someone who wants to start someone else. Its support and defense for JP

2) Already stated there will be little change in the depth chart after the game. Again supports JP as the starter.

3) Deflected blame from JP on the int by talking about how it was a scheme mismatch and Reed didnt pick his route.

4) Dick was asked if JP needed to simply show the long ball in this game to win the job and Jauron responded that that was the case.

The situation is over. KH has shown nothing, got a total of 2 series, hes buried on this team. Jauron is showing no faith in him. Nall hasnt had enough reps for us to give him a real chance.

Jauron will wait till after the next game only because he doesnt want to hand the job to Losman after all those turnovers. But its already over and Dick himself has told everyone that.

Michael82
08-19-2006, 06:27 PM
I agree. Good post. :bf1:

ICE74129
08-19-2006, 08:00 PM
I think its a bad idea. Name him now and end it. Let Nall whip holcomb for the #2 job, cut holcomb and move on. The sooner we put this behind us the sooner we get ready for the Regular season.

And from what I see, we need ALL the preperation time we can get.

YardRat
08-19-2006, 08:04 PM
If Losman has any turnovers against Cleveland, and Nall plays relatively well, it's just going to make the decision tougher.

He also stated that we can't be laying the ball on the ground.

X-Era
08-20-2006, 09:14 AM
I think its a bad idea. Name him now and end it. Let Nall whip holcomb for the #2 job, cut holcomb and move on. The sooner we put this behind us the sooner we get ready for the Regular season.

And from what I see, we need ALL the preperation time we can get.

Ohh, Id love to see that to, but you cant name JP the starter after a 3 turnover game. It just lets too many critics have a field day. If he waits one more game, and JP is solid, that arguement gets killed.

Theres enough people doubting Losman and the team, the last thing you need to do is give them fuel for the fire.

shelby
08-20-2006, 09:20 AM
What if he has a big turnover game again this week?
:ontome:

X-Era
08-20-2006, 09:28 AM

If that happens its cause for concern.

I just think its highly unlikely.

HHURRICANE
08-20-2006, 09:28 AM

You just took the words out of my mouth. I think you name JP as the starter now citing his work in camp, his ability to spread the D, and the positives in the pre-season games so we don't have a QB controversy after the Browns game.

Nall getting hurt is nobody's fault but Nall has missed too many snaps. If JP is still playing crappy in week 9 than you can yank him in favor of Nall.

Let Nall compete for #2!!!!

Kelly needs to be holding a clipboard!!

ShadowHawk7
08-20-2006, 10:46 AM
I think KH's stats would of been more impressive had
1. Davis not dropped a easy pass.
2. Lionel Gates converts on 4 & 1.
3. On 3 & 2 Pennington does not have a false start.

I don't think he had a fair shot to prove he could still play. Losman was forgiven almost instantly after he threw the same throw KH threw last week and was demoted for. I still think JP should be the starter, but he has not shown he is CONSIDERABLY better than KH YET.

ICE74129
08-20-2006, 08:52 PM
Ohh, Id love to see that to, but you cant name JP the starter after a 3 turnover game. It just lets too many critics have a field day. If he waits one more game, and JP is solid, that arguement gets killed.

Theres enough people doubting Losman and the team, the last thing you need to do is give them fuel for the fire.

If DJ had a sac like Coughlin he wouldn't care. If he doesn't name him we again have a weak HC.

I mean when JP has a 3 turnover regular season game, what then? Does DJ bench him?

YardRat
08-20-2006, 08:56 PM
Jauron is just praying JP doesn't turn the ball over against Cleveland. Literally on his hands and knees praying, I bet.

ICE74129
08-20-2006, 09:05 PM
Jauron is just praying JP doesn't turn the ball over against Cleveland. Literally on his hands and knees praying, I bet.

then he is a weak POS and we made the wrong choice...AGAIN for the head coach.

Mr. Cynical
08-21-2006, 12:36 AM
then he is a weak POS and we made the wrong choice...AGAIN for the head coach.

I'll save you the suspense and tell you right now that he is the wrong choice. What sucks is that we'll have to go through 3 years of BS until we try yet again.

NOTE: THIS IS MY OPINION. I AM NOT STATING FACT.

Ebenezer
08-21-2006, 01:22 AM
I'll save you the suspense and tell you right now that he is the wrong choice. What sucks is that we'll have to go through 3 years of BS until we try yet again.

NOTE: THIS IS MY OPINION. I AM NOT STATING FACT.
I'll give you one worse...he's the next Bledsoe but mobile...he's going to give up the untimely TO and behind this line he is going to get sacked a lot...worse, even with a good line I think he would get sacked too much...he doesn't show a lot of pocket presence.

ICE74129
08-21-2006, 07:15 AM
I think KH's stats would of been more impressive had
1. Davis not dropped a easy pass.
2. Lionel Gates converts on 4 & 1.
3. On 3 & 2 Pennington does not have a false start.

I don't think he had a fair shot to prove he could still play. Losman was forgiven almost instantly after he threw the same throw KH threw last week and was demoted for. I still think JP should be the starter, but he has not shown he is CONSIDERABLY better than KH YET.

Sure he has, now deal with it. Make sure you follow holcomb to his new team when cut

HHURRICANE
08-21-2006, 08:45 AM

Hate to say it but I agree. After Losman's second fumble I understand that Jauron was giving him the "death stare". I didn't see it but it must have been scary considering the fact that Jauron looks dead already.

Michael82
08-21-2006, 09:40 AM
I'll give you one worse...he's the next Bledsoe but mobile...he's going to give up the untimely TO and behind this line he is going to get sacked a lot...worse, even with a good line I think he would get sacked too much...he doesn't show a lot of pocket presence.
He's talking about Dick Jauron. :rolleyes:

feelthepain
08-21-2006, 10:34 AM
Given where JP was drafted aren't Bill fans the slightest bit concerned JP hasn't blown the doors off his compettition by this point?? Especially given the level of competition we are talking about?? Most here seem high on JP and there's nothing wrong with that, but he's having trouble pulling away from Holcomb and Nall, for someone with the talent you Bill fans seem to think JP has why is the QB competition so close with a the likes of Holcomb and Nall??

Kenny
08-21-2006, 11:07 AM
Given where JP was drafted aren't Bill fans the slightest bit concerned JP hasn't blown the doors off his compettition by this point?? Especially given the level of competition we are talking about?? Most here seem high on JP and there's nothing wrong with that, but he's having trouble pulling away from Holcomb and Nall, for someone with the talent you Bill fans seem to think JP has why is the QB competition so close with a the likes of Holcomb and Nall??

Not really... I think JP is right where JP should be, given his playing experience (or lack thereof).
Other than Eli and Big Ben, which other first round QB taken in the recent past has really looked great? Certainly not Smith, Rodgers, Campbell, etc... even Rivers has looked shaky.

HHURRICANE
08-21-2006, 11:10 AM

I don't think he had trouble pulling away considering he has looked better in camp and Nall has been hurt. The question is whether everyone is willing to live with a young raw talent that is going to make mistakes or take a for sure in Kelly Holcomb with a "dink and dunk" approach. I think everyone is expecting Losman to walk on water which is unrealistic based on his playing time so far. He just needs to play. Plain and simple. Experience is how he will get better. If he plays 8 games in a row and still blows than he's probably done as a Bill. But give him 8 uncontested starts and find out. My personal opinion is that the light bulb will go off and he'll be fine if he gets the 8 in a row.

feelthepain
08-21-2006, 11:23 AM
Not really... I think JP is right where JP should be, given his playing experience (or lack thereof).
Other than Eli and Big Ben, which other first round QB taken in the recent past has really looked great? Certainly not Smith, Rodgers, Campbell, etc... even Rivers has looked shaky.

I don't think he had trouble pulling away considering he has looked better in camp and Nall has been hurt. The question is whether everyone is willing to live with a young raw talent that is going to make mistakes or take a for sure in Kelly Holcomb with a "dink and dunk" approach. I think everyone is expecting Losman to walk on water which is unrealistic based on his playing time so far. He just needs to play. Plain and simple. Experience is how he will get better. If he plays 8 games in a row and still blows than he's probably done as a Bill. But give him 8 uncontested starts and find out. My personal opinion is that the light bulb will go off and he'll be fine if he gets the 8 in a row.

I hear ya guys, I just think JP should be head and shoulders above Holcomb and Nall, I think Andrew Walter in Oakland,Rogers in Greenbay and Brad Gradkowski in Tampa Bay are having really nice preseasons. This is not a knock on JP just an observation. JP has seen more snaps then the names above. He just seems to have a good play then bad play. Given he's played into some teams third teamers shouldn't he be doing better as the game go on??<!-- / message --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->