PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone concerned with our defense?

carybillsfan
08-19-2006, 09:10 AM
Two weeks straight and the opposing starters have gone up and down the field like no one was playing against them. I believe that is our true problem, and I think spikes will help but he's not a miracle worker.

djjimkelly
08-19-2006, 09:12 AM
im not overly concerned im sure we are playing as vanilla as possible. there was no vincent no spikes on the field. our big vet and our best player werent on the field yesterday

Night Train
08-19-2006, 09:25 AM
The pass coverage was a concern. More zone than I thought they'd run and it was getting beat. I did like the run offense smothering many plays fast. That's what you need to de well first on Defense. The pass rush lacked any sustained pressure. I did see Denney pressure on several plays early. WTF has gotten into him ? He's rushing the passes better than Schobel and making plays.

I did feel sorry for #76 DE Jason Hall. He's sharing #76 with Greg Jerman and the dummy PA announcer John Gertler keeps saying " Tackle by Greg Jerman ". I counted him saying that 3 times !

What a mullet. :rofl:

RedEyE
08-19-2006, 09:33 AM
It's a definite concern. For having all that "talent" in the secondary, I was very disappointed in the way they played.

If Palmer had have been in the game the score might have been 30 points higher.

ParanoidAndroid
08-19-2006, 09:46 AM
One offensive TD in the first half isn't that bad for a defense in flux to give up.

RedEyE
08-19-2006, 09:51 AM
One offensive TD in the first half isn't that bad for a defense in flux to give up.

Seemingly....it was our 1st D allowing a back up QB to lead 3 scoring drives in the first half that doesn't sit well with me.

ParanoidAndroid
08-19-2006, 10:02 AM
Seemingly....it was our 1st D allowing a back up QB to lead 3 scoring drives in the first half that doesn't sit well with me.

Wright would be a starter in Buffalo. :ill:

LtFinFan66
08-19-2006, 10:04 AM
im not overly concerned im sure we are playing as vanilla as possible. there was no vincent no spikes on the field. our big vet and our best player werent on the field yesterdayAren't offenses playing vanilla as well though?

ParanoidAndroid
08-19-2006, 10:11 AM
21 yards rushing in the first half for Cinci.
Buffalo denied 2 rushing attempts at the goal line to foce a field goal.
If people are saying that our secondary is our strong spot and people are going to run all over us, I think this looks pretty good for the future of our defense.
the cover-2 zone is still pretty new and our DB's are more than capable of putting it together as their game experience grows.

ZacGriffi~82
08-19-2006, 10:52 AM
Our defense played well.

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-19-2006, 11:34 AM
They played fine for me. 7 points were their fault. The rest was off turnovers.

DraftBoy
08-19-2006, 11:50 AM
Not all that concerned after this one. The goalline stand was huge!

ScottLawrence
08-19-2006, 01:56 PM
It's a definite concern. For having all that "talent" in the secondary, I was very disappointed in the way they played.

If Palmer had have been in the game the score might have been 30 points higher.

They forced 5 3 and outs in one half, and held Cincinnati to field goals after Losman turned the ball over twice in our side of the field.

They played well.

YardRat
08-19-2006, 03:59 PM
I'll wait until after the New England game to express any concern. I want to see the main group play an entire game.

In general, though, early scores don't concern me, even in the regular season. When the Bills were a top 5 defense two years in a row under Gray, they seemed to have a pattern of letting up early scores, then clamping down for the rest of the game, especially after the half.

chubluv
08-19-2006, 04:54 PM
I feel much better after this game then I did last weeks. the only concern I have is that Nate and McGee paly to far off the WR's still. Chad Johnson burned them last night as well as Meshaun last week. I dont understand what this new scheme is supposed to be about, but its 2 weeks in a row teams have come out throwing against us and picking us apart.

Michael82
08-19-2006, 07:33 PM
i love the goal-line defense! They just shut the door each time! :bf1:

FlyingDutchman
08-19-2006, 07:41 PM
Up and down the field? Carolina scored 1 touchdown against us. Sure they had a good drive, but Im sure the Bills didnt really have a defensive game plan installed. A majority of Cinncys points were off TO's. Im not overly concerned.