• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackonyx89
    HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    • Mar 2005

Do you think JP is volatile?

Vic Carucci on 97 Rock said that JP is a volcano ready to erupt. He said that he's thin skinned and you have to be careful what you say to him. Jim Kelly was that way but noone said anything about him.

Double standard I tell you. But I can't believe what I'm going to say this and it's hypocritical of me, but are we ready for J.P.to struggle and be erratic the whole season? I don't know if I can go the entire season seeing him being erratic. I was gung ho about him winning the job outright, but now I have reservations. He may not be able to lead the Bills anywhere. Be honest,can you watch him struggle this season and the next? I'll give him 4 games to prove himself.

I feel that Nall might be the short term answer. He's never really proven himself onfield and he has more experience than Losman and he has presence behind the center. Holcomb.....um,no! I like the X factor Nall brings.He's athletic got a decent arm.And if he sucks,Ralph better open up his wallet and bring a decent QB next season. Again I know it's hypocrtical of me but this truly concerns me. So What do you think Jauron should do?
    Last edited by blackonyx89; 08-19-2006, 10:05 AM.
    Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Re: Do you think JP is volatile?

I don't see where Carucci gets that idea to be honest
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

I'd have to hear the interview myself before drawing a conclusion. Interpretations and all that jazz...

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
        • Apr 2004

Jauron should do exactly what he is doing. The only thing left is to give Nall a shot with the first string. Whether he does that or not, we can only watch or choose not to watch. JP is our starter and will have ample opportunity to improve, but if he doesn't, then there are going to be a lot of people spouting off on here when Jauron pulls the plug. That said, I don't think 4 games is enough, especially when our other options have not proven to be any better. If he looks like our best QB at the beginning of the season, I think we should stick with him to the bitter end, but if he doesn't make some strides by the time December comes to an end, I would think we will be in the market for a new QB, maybe 2 - one via free agency and one in the draft.

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

I really don't care what JP's personality is. If anything, I want him to be high-strung. I want him to get mad at himself. He showed last night what happens when he gets mad. Let him be a psycho for all I care, but he's shown that he learns, he's passionately dedicated, and he is intelligent.

For a young QB to be erratic is normal. He makes good plays, he makes bad plays. But over time, the bad plays will go down while the good plays go up. His flaws are the result of inexperience and can be fixed. Any reasonable time frame for development includes the entire season.

And how does Nall have more experience? He has 33 attempts in his NFL career.
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

It's the first I've heard that he's volatile...you can tell by his interviews that he's a little high strung.

If I were building a QB from scratch, I wouldn't want a guy that's hyper. I'd prefer a cocky, confident, swagger and a cool head under pressure, ala Montana or Brady.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
            X