PDA

View Full Version : The Buffalo Stampede (my Bills podcast) debuts!

Coach Sal
08-19-2006, 02:37 PM
Hi, everyone. You may know me as "Coach C." from another Bills board. I've been posting there for several years and reading here for almost as long. I've always liked the Bills talk here, but I never registered until now. And the reason I finally registered is to ask for your help. I'd be honored if you took the time (about 25 minutes) to listen to my pilot episode of The Buffalo Stampede, my Buffalo Bills podcast on MySportsRadio.com. Before becoming a coach, I was a sports talk radio host, and I am now getting back into that area a little heavier.

The first show was done before last night's game. But a new show will be up with my thoughts on the Cincy game in a few days.

It took a while to put all the parts in place and I thank the crew at MSR for doing such a great job. If you take the time, you can get your Bills fix every single week during this season starting right now. No need to record a show or stay in the car if you don't have the time. This is sportstalk on demand!!!

And the best part is - it's done BY a Bills fan (me) FOR Bills fans (you). And you can get involved in the show and I hope you take the time to do so! Just call our Quick Take line at (206)202-TAKE (that's 8253) and leave your comment. I'll get it on the air during the next show.

And there's another interactive component to this. Go to http://boards.mysportsradio.com/ That's the network's message board area. There's a brand new Bills forum in there. Register, check it out, and say hey. Post your own threads and posts just like here. Every week on the show, I'm going to give out MSR bucks for the "Big Bang of the Day." That's the best post on the boards in the Bills forum, and mention you on the air and read it. My name is "CoachSal" on those boards, as well.

The show will be available to download to your iPod through iTunes soon (it's not up yet but should be permanently by next week). So, you can just listen to it straight from the following link. http://mysportsradio.net/sports-podc...c99-pod001.mp3 (http://mysportsradio.net/sports-podcast/BILLS-podcast-c99-pod001.mp3) Just be sure to give it a minute to load. When you are able to listen through iTunes, please do me a favor and "subscribe" to the show, so that you get it downloaded automatically every week whenever a new show is available.

Agree with me, disagree with me, whatever. Just listen and hopefully you'll enjoy the show and get involved.

To do my part for you listening and posting comments here or there, I'll promise to become more active here at BZ. And I'll even throw in a BZ plug once in a while on the show for helping me link it up here. I'll post here whenever there's a new show up and link it, and I'll contribute to the boards here, as well. I'm not one who cares about all these "rivalries" between sites. I just love the Buffalo Bills like you do and I want to talk about them with everyone in Bills Nation. To me, we're all one big family!!

Thanks so much for supporting The Buffalo Stampede........I hope you do!

I hope you all enjoy the show. Here it is again, and be sure to post any comments, questions, or thoughts here:

http://mysportsradio.net/sports-podc...c99-pod001.mp3 (http://mysportsradio.net/sports-podcast/BILLS-podcast-c99-pod001.mp3)

(Remember, if you click the above link to listen directly, it may take 1-2 minutes to come up, depending on CPU speed).

SABURZFAN
08-19-2006, 03:01 PM
can you mail me a t-shirt?

Dozerdog
08-19-2006, 03:12 PM
Any chance we can speak to the host of the show during the taping? Like taking calls?

Also- our capologists Clump and Eb are available as guests

Coach Sal
08-19-2006, 03:19 PM
Any chance we can speak to the host of the show during the taping? Like taking calls?

Unfortunately, no. But if you call the Quick Take line (I posted the number) and leave your comment/question, I'll get it on the air during the next show.

Also- our capologists Clump and Eb are available as guests

I'll remember that. However, given the infancy of Podcasting, it's quite an undertaking right now to have interviews (not impossible, just alittle bit of work on my end). So, when I have an easier capability, I'll definitely keep them in mind.

Thanks.

SABURZFAN
08-19-2006, 03:22 PM
put me in Coach.i'm ready to play. :up:

Dr. Lecter
08-19-2006, 03:28 PM
I listened to his first show and it was very infromative and entertaining. If you are on dial-up it takes some tiem to download but is well worth it.

Check it out people! Coach is very informative and offers a great perspective.

DraftBoy
08-19-2006, 03:45 PM
Good to have ya here!!

shelby
08-19-2006, 03:47 PM
Welcome to the Zone!
:gobills:
:welcome:

JJamezz
08-19-2006, 05:34 PM
Very well done man, I enjoyed that. Looking forward to the broadcasts throughout the season!

:jam:

Dozerdog
08-19-2006, 05:55 PM
Listening now! :up:

Good stuff- you are very polished- wayyyyyy better than BrianH's radio show and Wys's taped lectures.

Any stats on how many visitors the show had?

SABURZFAN
08-19-2006, 06:14 PM

Good stuff- you are very polished- wayyyyyy better than BrianH's radio show and Wys's taped lectures.

not as many as BrianH. :snicker:

Dozerdog
08-19-2006, 06:18 PM
Brian did claim what- a couple million listeners?

SABURZFAN
08-19-2006, 06:33 PM

i bet he's into the billions by now. :biggrin:

Dozerdog
08-19-2006, 06:55 PM
i bet he's into the billions by now. :biggrin:I always told him to tap the growing asian market of Bills fans

Coach Sal
08-19-2006, 07:52 PM

Thanks so much Dozer. I'm really looking forward to doing the show each week. I really hope Bills fans call the Quick Take line and get involved -- whether it's to agree or disagree with me. That's the beauty of being such a passionate fan. We all have our own views on what will/should be done to make this team successful again.

Who's BrianH. and what show does/did he have?

I think the stats will be kept once the show gets on iTunes - which hopefully is next week, but definitely soon.

Dozerdog
08-19-2006, 07:59 PM
BrianH worked for the Range after we left to create this place.

He was a 17 year old dreamer with visions of stardom. Paid a couple hundred bucks to host an on-line Bills radio show (to his credit- he did have a few big named guests- ex-players) but it was the funniest thing on earth.

The guy had a stuttering poblem and speech issues when he would get nervous. More of us got into it for the train wreck quality than anything.

From our Hall Of Fame -

A conversation with BrianH (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=81654) (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/misc/multipage.gif <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: threadbit_pagelink -->1 (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=81654) <!-- END TEMPLATE: threadbit_pagelink --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: threadbit_pagelink -->2 (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=81654&page=2) <!-- END TEMPLATE: threadbit_pagelink -->)

Dozerdog
08-19-2006, 08:00 PM
Later Mark Weiler tried it again on the same website- it had a few moments but his were tough to listen too. His were more like uninterrupted diatribes of a madman.

Michael82
08-19-2006, 08:20 PM
Great job! Very entertaining and informative. :clap:

:welcome: to BillsZone too

shelby
08-19-2006, 08:35 PM
:rofl: i used to love listening to Brian H's show while on IM with Dozer, log, TB, etc.
Good times.

EricStratton
08-21-2006, 10:29 AM
Coach,

I just listened to a few minutes (my limit at work) and it sounds great. You sound a lot like (polished, professional) the middle guys at the NYC sport talk stations I listen to here.

I’ll defiantly sign on from home, it’s good to hear your take on thinks considering the experience you bring to the table.

LtBillsFan66
08-21-2006, 10:53 AM
Depends on where he put the commas and decimal places.

Coach Sal
08-21-2006, 12:26 PM
Coach,

I just listened to a few minutes (my limit at work) and it sounds great. You sound a lot like (polished, professional) the middle guys at the NYC sport talk stations I listen to here.

I’ll defiantly sign on from home, it’s good to hear your take on thinks considering the experience you bring to the table.

WOW.

That's a great compliment, Strats. Thanks so much.

I'm looking forward to the rest of them. This week's should be up by Wednesday......Thursday at the latest.

Gunzlingr
08-22-2006, 12:23 PM
I used to call into Brian H's show all the time. :snicker:

Dozerdog
08-22-2006, 01:05 PM
I just called and left a question-

"Dick Jauron announced he's going with only 7 OL on game days- do you think that is too risky (injuries) and what do you think the Bills will do with the extra roster spot? "

BAM
08-22-2006, 03:00 PM
WOW.

That's a great compliment, Strats. Thanks so much.

I'm looking forward to the rest of them. This week's should be up by Wednesday......Thursday at the latest.
I heard the show too and I do agree with what Eric said. Your show sounds great and I can't wait for the next one! I just got an iPod too so I'll probably burn 'em over and listen to them in my carpools... :dj:

Coach Sal
08-22-2006, 07:48 PM
This week's show will be out Friday.

This should be the only week this happens. Usually, it's by Thursday at the latest.

I'll post here as soon as it becomes available.

Thanks for listening and all the feedback everyone.

MikeInRoch
08-23-2006, 11:30 AM
Coach,

I was pleasently surprised to get your first podcast from the ITunes feed for MSR NFL Round Table - which I have been a fan of ever since I first learned about it. Will the Bills specific one continue to be on that feed, or will it get it's own?

Coach Sal
08-23-2006, 01:48 PM
Coach,

I was pleasently surprised to get your first podcast from the ITunes feed for MSR NFL Round Table - which I have been a fan of ever since I first learned about it. Will the Bills specific one continue to be on that feed, or will it get it's own?

Mike,

Glad you've been listening to the Roundtable. Hope you like it. We work hard to make that show as entertaining and informative as we can.

Of course, we all know that Johnny and the InTIMidaytor are usually wrong when it comes to disagreeing with me. :D

As far as the iTunes feed, the Stampede will be getting its own feed/link soon. The MSR production team is in the process of getting that done. When it does, please do me a favor and "subscribe" to the show if you would. The more subscribers we get, the more marketable we can make the show.

Thanks for the support.

lordofgun
08-23-2006, 07:40 PM
Just listened today..sounded great!

LtBillsFan66
08-23-2006, 08:43 PM
How do you subscribe?

Coach Sal
08-23-2006, 09:00 PM
Wow. How cool. iTunes has given MSR our own front page card on iTunes. That's HUGE in the Podcasting world. That means the shows (all of the network's shows) are really getting some good play. So, to answer your question:

How do you subscribe?

Open iTunes
Go to "Music Store" front page
Click "Podcasts" on the left
Click the My Sports Radio.com card on the front page
That will take you to the MSR page with all the podcasts. There is a "subscribe" button under each podcast. As I said, The Stampede doesn't have its own pic and feed, but will very soon. In the meantime it is located under the "NFL Roundtable" link (it says BILLS 001).

If you have iTunes, click this link:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=79143300

It will automatically take you to the exact page. I'll let you know as soon as the "subscribe" button is is up for The Stampede.

I am also a panelist on the NFL Roundtable and College Football Roundtable. And I hosted the latest Fantasy Football Roundtable that's up now. Give all of them a listen if you can. Thanks.