PDA

View Full Version : This is rediculous!

Billscusey
08-19-2006, 06:51 PM
No other team in the league is having such a rediculous problem! The Bills are one of only 32 NFL teams, and I can't think of any North American metropolitan area that wouldn't drool at the thought of having one of these rare and highly sought-after franchises.

Yet despite all this, the Bills are taking a "who sucks least?" position on the quarterback position. Doesn't exactly seem to hold up to the professional level that an NFL team demands, does it? It would be like Bill Gates hiring "the guy who hopefully won't screw up as much" to run his company instead of "the guy who's right for the job." Somehow I doubt Bill Gates would make that mistake.

I have a suggestion. If none of these three guys scream "starter," than maybe none of them should be! The Bills (like every NFL team) need to have a quarterback that just bleeds the starting role. If you ask the back-up qb's on the Patriots, they would say "yeah, Tom Brady should be the starter no questions asked!" That's how it has to be; no debates.

Any team having a quarterback competition doesn't have anyone worthy of winning that competition. Oh, and I don't buy into this whole "it would be more costly to cut them then to keep them" argument. Nothing costs more than losing....NOTHING!!!

shelby
08-19-2006, 06:52 PM
In my opinion, Jauron is just waiting til next week to announce JP is the starter.

Billscusey
08-19-2006, 07:22 PM
In my opinion, Jauron is just waiting til next week to announce JP is the starter.

Ok, but do you really feel like "yes, J.P. is the starter, awesome!" I can tell you that I don't feel confident about that, and I'll bet opposing teams aren't going to be intimidated one bit!

FlyingDutchman
08-19-2006, 07:49 PM
I have a suggestion. If none of these three guys scream "starter," than maybe none of them should be! The Bills (like every NFL team) need to have a quarterback that just bleeds the starting role. If you ask the back-up qb's on the Patriots, they would say "yeah, Tom Brady should be the starter no questions asked!" That's how it has to be; no debates.

I have a suggestion. Until you become a NFL QB scout, you chill out and wait. You think NFL franchise QBs are made out of thin air? Oh wait, maybe we should just suck this year, say screw JP and get Quinn right? The last amazing QB outta ND was Rick Mier. Look at his amazing career.

Billscusey
08-19-2006, 07:54 PM
Hey Nasty, how are you feeling about this upcoming season? You think we got the right people on the bus? I'm willing to bet you aren't feeling all that confident either!

FlyingDutchman
08-19-2006, 08:00 PM
Hey Nasty, how are you feeling about this upcoming season? You think we got the right people on the bus? I'm willing to bet you aren't feeling all that confident either!

Youre right, Im not that confident. I dont expect to win that much this year. But at the same time I believe its possible. I think we have some good seeds planted that could sprout and be some good players. We have young workhorses. You gotta give it time. If JP doesnt work out, than fine, we move on next year. What happens then? Do we give the next guy 1 year to prove his worth and ship him out?

Bufftp
08-19-2006, 08:07 PM
Ok, but do you really feel like "yes, J.P. is the starter, awesome!" I can tell you that I don't feel confident about that, and I'll bet opposing teams aren't going to be intimidated one bit!
Yes I do.
Let me explain. I don't believe this team would do much Better with a vetran who is an above average NFL quaterback (I believe Holcomb is less than that), and this team aside from the QB position is going to need time to devolp and grow.

I think Lossman can be an exciting and very good NFL QB in time. I am looking forward to seeing him grow into that role. I am looking forward to seing the team grow over all.

Lossman has been handled horribly here in Buffalo, the team in the past has done everything to ruin any young quartback, not just Lossman. I think if given the right coaching and 16 games we may have something special here.

So I am willing to be patient and watch as the season goes along, not just for Lossman to grow but the team as a whole.

Mitchy moo
08-19-2006, 08:11 PM
I have a suggestion. Until you become a NFL QB scout, you chill out and wait. You think NFL franchise QBs are made out of thin air? Oh wait, maybe we should just suck this year, say screw JP and get Quinn right? The last amazing QB outta ND was Rick Mier. Look at his amazing career.

All the good QB's are either dead or working, we have to make our own. JP will grow up and will get better, remember Jim Kelly wasn't god the first few years he was here, he got better with play. Thurman helped him out alot and hopefully WM takes care of JP.

P.S. I am not a great speller but ridiculous seems right.

shelby
08-19-2006, 08:12 PM
i'm not confident, but i am hopeful.
:gobills:

Meathead
08-19-2006, 08:12 PM
wah

THATHURMANATOR
08-19-2006, 09:32 PM
Stop being such a spaz Billscusey. Take a couple deep breaths please!