PDA

View Full Version : Matt Schaub ....

Philagape
08-19-2006, 08:22 PM
Just threw an INT for a TD :couch:

YardRat
08-19-2006, 08:49 PM
Wow...So what approach do you take with Schaub? The 'Kelly Holcomb let's cut his ass now' or the 'JP Losman it was somebody else's fault' ??

Philagape
08-19-2006, 08:56 PM
As I stated in another thread, I totally blame JP for the INT, so ask someone else that question. That's like me asking if you take the "JP he's a bust" approach.

ICE74129
08-19-2006, 09:18 PM
Wow...So what approach do you take with Schaub? The 'Kelly Holcomb let's cut his ass now' or the 'JP Losman it was somebody else's fault' ??

Well I think I just read that DJ admits Reed ran a wrong route, and Faulk pointed that out as well.

DraftBoy
08-19-2006, 09:46 PM
I saw the highlights last night and whether Reed ran the wrong route or not, wouldnt have mattered. The DB had that pass read from the go and nothing Reed was going to do was going to stop that pick from happening.

carybillsfan
08-19-2006, 10:44 PM

I actually take the Frank Reich approach...remember the comeback game first play of the second half, same throw, same result. The next series both he and losman came back and threw td passes.

You guys need to settle down, Kelly threw a ton of those same int's in his career...he's only started 8 games!!!

shelby
08-19-2006, 10:52 PM
Don't bother trying to be rational....;)

jmb1099
08-19-2006, 11:03 PM
I actually take the Frank Reich approach...remember the comeback game first play of the second half, same throw, same result. The next series both he and losman came back and threw td passes.

You guys need to settle down, Kelly threw a ton of those same int's in his career...he's only started 8 games!!!
good insight!

Mitchy moo
08-20-2006, 05:20 AM
It's pre-season.

YardRat
08-20-2006, 07:51 AM

Thank you...nice to seem some sanity regarding the QB's once in awhile.

For all you JP homers...why can't you just admit it was a bad pass by Losman and move on? JP did in the post game press conference. It's humorous when the JPL Fan Club rant about this team needing to start Losman and the necessity to live through his growing pains, yet when he makes a mistake can't accept it as a sign of that process and feel the need to blame it on someone/something else.

The fumbles are on his shoulders, also...deal with it. It doesn't matter whether or not the line protection broke down at some point. When he comes under tackle, it's his job to protect the ball, and he didn't.

Philagape
08-20-2006, 08:29 AM
I accept it's a sign of the process :up:

ICE74129
08-20-2006, 09:08 AM

Or you could take the Jim Kelly approach. Came out, first three possessions against Cinci (gasp!) in 91 on MNF and threw THREE STRAIGHT PICKS. Oh and finished the night with 5 TD's after that.

JP is going to throw picks. Costly picks, bad timed picks, devistating pics etc. HOW HE RESPONDS is what makes a good QB. BTW he responded with a TD Friday night. Thats pretty good QB'ing.

ICE74129
08-20-2006, 09:10 AM

For all you JP homers...why can't you just admit it was a bad pass by Losman and move on? JP did in the post game press conference. It's humorous when the JPL Fan Club rant about this team needing to start Losman and the necessity to live through his growing pains, yet when he makes a mistake can't accept it as a sign of that process and feel the need to blame it on someone/something else.

The fumbles are on his shoulders, also...deal with it. It doesn't matter whether or not the line protection broke down at some point. When he comes under tackle, it's his job to protect the ball, and he didn't.

The blame was properly laid at Reeds feet. Unlike some I saw the pass as well, had reed ran the right route its broken up at worst. When will that finally be admitted by the anti JP crew? It won't be so we might as well drop the issue, the job is JP's anyway.

X-Era
08-20-2006, 09:22 AM

The pass doesnt bother me as much as the fumbles do. Losman threw a int. Thats a fact. Whos fault is it? we will never know. The video of Reed on that play showed him start, stop, and looks confused. But we dont know that its Reeds fault.

Losman also had 2 fumbles. That also is a fact.

Now, anyone thinks Losmans gonna start this year and not throw a pick or have a fumble is crazy. He had too many turnovers in this game. I want to see him rebound with emphasis on turnovers in the next game.

The difference bewteen me and other here is that although he did those things, and they are bad, I still want him starting the next game to watch him improve.

The biggest critics have no problem having Losman GONE right now. Thats not sensible, or logical. Its merely hatred for someone you have never met, or a relentless ego to prove your version of what works is right. Its in their heads, and is irrational. So, theres no need to argue.

Losmans got the job, he has shown more good then bad, and looks like he can get much much better.

I think he will be a bright spot on this team by the end of the year and will have us REALLY excited for next year.

HHURRICANE
08-20-2006, 09:39 AM
Yard rat my issue is this:

Losman had 3 turnovers, period. Nobody cares if it was Reeds fault or not because it was an int for a TD. Losman admitted it was his fault.

But he threw well and generated 17 points. It is Pre-season and with 36 seconds left in a regular game he would be handing off and not passing.

Is there a better QB on the roster? No. Was Holcomb going to make the 46 yard TD pass to Evans? Watch the replay. NO!! No way!!

Evans and JP are friends. They have been working on their timing throughout camp and after practice. Evans knows who the QB should be. I think if the #1 receiver believes in JP so should I.

Unless you have a better option than you need to kill the QB controversy in your own mind.

DraftBoy
08-20-2006, 10:00 AM
JP is going to throw picks. Costly picks, bad timed picks, devistating pics etc. HOW HE RESPONDS is what makes a good QB. BTW he responded with a TD Friday night. Thats pretty good QB'ing.

How did he respond to his first fumble in the preseason game? Ahh, thats right with another fumble. Those that do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

DraftBoy
08-20-2006, 10:02 AM
Yard rat my issue is this:

Losman had 3 turnovers, period. Nobody cares if it was Reeds fault or not because it was an int for a TD. Losman admitted it was his fault.

But he threw well and generated 17 points. It is Pre-season and with 36 seconds left in a regular game he would be handing off and not passing.

Is there a better QB on the roster? No. Was Holcomb going to make the 46 yard TD pass to Evans? Watch the replay. NO!! No way!!

Evans and JP are friends. They have been working on their timing throughout camp and after practice. Evans knows who the QB should be. I think if the #1 receiver believes in JP so should I.

Unless you have a better option than you need to kill the QB controversy in your own mind.

Good post, here is my lone issue though. JP has yet to show that he can consistently move the ball on three consecutive drives. I dont think thats asking too much. Till he proves he can do that he will never be anything more than a Josh McCown type player. McCown too has alot of skill and an arm similar to JP's but his consistency has never been there. Is Jp the best QB skill wise? Yes, Is he the most consistent however? Im not so sure. Ill take less skill for somebody who can move the ball down the field and keep our D off of it.

Goobylal
08-20-2006, 12:31 PM
It was raining when JP fumbled the ball. Not making excuses per se, just saying.

And Faulk said it was JR's fault. He knows Fairchild's system and is wholly impartial, unlike virtually everyone else who has commented on what happened. I'll take his word.

The fact that JP admitted to the mistakes instead of making excuses and blaming someone else said a lot about him. I'm sure he'll learn from this.

DraftBoy
08-20-2006, 01:08 PM
And Faulk said it was JR's fault. He knows Fairchild's system and is wholly impartial, unlike virtually everyone else who has commented on what happened. I'll take his word.

The fact that JP admitted to the mistakes instead of making excuses and blaming someone else said a lot about him. I'm sure he'll learn from this.

While I dont agree with Faulk's analysis (and thats mainly bc we chastise all other analysts but for some odd reason he knows all), I dont doubt his knowledge of the Fairchild system.

I also completely agree with your last statement. Jp showed alot to take on the blame.

Goobylal
08-20-2006, 01:43 PM
While I dont agree with Faulk's analysis (and thats mainly bc we chastise all other analysts but for some odd reason he knows all), I dont doubt his knowledge of the Fairchild system.
I have no problem with analysts. They merely (impartially usually, as I believe is the case here) analyze what just happened and someone who knows a certain system knows better than someone who doesn't. What I have a problem with is the so-called "experts" who try and predict the future based on what happened in the past. I'd have no problem with what Faulk said about what happened on the play, but WOULD have a problem if he said "[the INT was JR's fault] and based on what I've seen of him, he'll never get it right."

I also completely agree with your last statement. Jp showed alot to take on the blame.
I think we can ALL agree that regardless of whom you think was at fault for the INT, it shows a lot on JP's part to do this.

DraftBoy
08-20-2006, 01:46 PM
agreed