PDA

View Full Version : My first half analysis

Turf
08-19-2006, 09:12 PM
Aside from the turnovers, and I'm not going to pretend they're not a paramount concern, the team IMO looks better fundamentally than I've seen in years. Both sides of the ball are better coached in terms of play calling and attack, and I see some life and hope in a team that's looked like a mess for years. The defense really made some big stands, and finally seeing Willis break one and JP hit Lee was encouraging.
Now the dark side. Obviously, the turnovers have to stop. And if JP has any thought of leading any club he needs to learn NOT to turn the ball over. Very amateurish performance.
The offensive line looks better but still worries me.

Overall I feel the team is in better shape than last year. There is more jump on the defense, and the offense has actually shown some life. There is a ton of immaturity to overcome and identity for this team to develope. With a little luck they can get the job done.

Turf
08-19-2006, 10:02 PM
My 2nd half analysis. I think there were more people at training camp than at the game in the 2nd half.

Turf
08-19-2006, 10:17 PM
Cut Josh reed, Move Nall up to #2.

Turf
08-19-2006, 10:20 PM
I like Willis.

Michael82
08-20-2006, 09:34 AM
Aside from the turnovers, and I'm not going to pretend they're not a paramount concern, the team IMO looks better fundamentally than I've seen in years. Both sides of the ball are better coached in terms of play calling and attack, and I see some life and hope in a team that's looked like a mess for years. The defense really made some big stands, and finally seeing Willis break one and JP hit Lee was encouraging.
Now the dark side. Obviously, the turnovers have to stop. And if JP has any thought of leading any club he needs to learn NOT to turn the ball over. Very amateurish performance.
The offensive line looks better but still worries me.

Overall I feel the team is in better shape than last year. There is more jump on the defense, and the offense has actually shown some life. There is a ton of immaturity to overcome and identity for this team to develope. With a little luck they can get the job done.
Good post! I agree with you about the offensive line. It still worries me too. But I really think that after they gel, it may turn out to be a pretty decent line. :up:

Meathead
08-20-2006, 12:04 PM
considering all the changes and questions at qb im actually pretty impressed with where they are at this point