PDA

View Full Version : Daunte Culpepper

Bling
08-19-2006, 09:23 PM
Is he motivated, or is he a magical piece of art?

Supposedly he's out for this year... then it was half this season... then it was the first few games... then he wouldn't start opening day. Now the guy has a 7/9 performance in the preseason, and most importantly he was moving incredible in the pocket (at least compared to Gus Frerotte). I'm psyched.

L.A. Playa
08-19-2006, 09:23 PM
go celebrate on a Fin board

BAM
08-19-2006, 09:24 PM
You have to give the guy props for that! As much as I hate the Fins, that is impressive indeed.

Bling
08-19-2006, 09:27 PM
go celebrate on a Fin board
:lolpoint: JP Losman

L.A. Playa
08-19-2006, 09:30 PM
good for Culpepper but go celebrate with your fellow :limp:

Goobylal
08-19-2006, 09:33 PM
Culpepper did better when they put the backups in, but he got HAMMERED when the starters were in there. If Miami's O-line doesn't get their act together, Culpepper will be injured before the Dols play the Bills.

feelthepain
08-19-2006, 10:41 PM
Culpepper did better when they put the backups in, but he got HAMMERED when the starters were in there. If Miami's O-line doesn't get their act together, Culpepper will be injured before the Dols play the Bills.

Culpepper played aginst the starters, he only played 4 series.

Goobylal
08-19-2006, 10:57 PM
Yeah, I know. And he got hammered.

Devin
08-19-2006, 10:58 PM
I hate saying it but he looked sharp. Not to shabby at all.

shelby
08-19-2006, 10:59 PM
Was it my imagination, or does he walk with a limp?

Dozerdog
08-19-2006, 11:38 PM
Is he motivated, or is he a magical piece of art?.

Do you have a lot of pink ponies and unicorns decorating your room?

Jeesh- does Culpepper have a rainbow cape too?

If someone called me a "magical piece of art" I'd punch the ****er in the uterus

alohabillsfan
08-20-2006, 06:47 AM

Supposedly he's out for this year... then it was half this season... then it was the first few games... then he wouldn't start opening day. Now the guy has a 7/9 performance in the preseason, and most importantly he was moving incredible in the pocket (at least compared to Gus Frerotte). I'm psyched.

One word BALCO!

YardRat
08-20-2006, 07:17 AM
Was it my imagination, or does he walk with a limp?

A limp wrist, maybe.

Kerr
08-20-2006, 10:55 AM

What did you think about his incredible illegal pass?

THATHURMANATOR
08-20-2006, 11:03 AM
I was sad Dante went to the fins. He was my favorite non Bill.

Goobylal
08-20-2006, 12:28 PM
What did you think about his incredible illegal pass?
What?

Kerr
08-20-2006, 12:38 PM
What?

'pepper was flagged for intentional grounding.

Goobylal
08-20-2006, 12:46 PM
Oh. Yeah, I saw that. For the game, he was sacked 2 times and almost sacked a 3rd if not for IG'ing the ball. With protection like that, he'll be injured again before too long.

LtFinFan66
08-21-2006, 01:08 AM
keep up the wishful thinking. I will use the excuse used widely here and on other team boards....it's only the second preseason game, the protection will get better

crowder52
08-21-2006, 01:54 AM

Believe me i am just as surprised as the next person. He's moving around as if he never got injured in the first place.

SABURZFAN
08-21-2006, 03:53 AM
'pepper was flagged for intentional grounding.

it was a magical piece of art. :up:

don't punch me,Dozer. :couch:

don137
08-21-2006, 06:32 AM
Let's see if Culpepper makes it through Carolina on Thursday. That is the scene of the crime of where he ripped up his knee. If there is a defense that can make a QB look bad its Carolina.

Night Train
08-21-2006, 07:17 AM
I give Culpepper his deserving props but no way is that knee near 100 %. It was torn in 3 spots, ala Willis. He's rushing back too soon.

Goobylal
08-21-2006, 02:06 PM
keep up the wishful thinking. I will use the excuse used widely here and on other team boards....it's only the second preseason game, the protection will get better
The problem is NOT chemistry, the problem is Bennie Anderson. Not that Culpepper doesn't take a ton of sacks and fumble a lot as it is.

feelthepain
08-22-2006, 01:38 AM
The problem is NOT chemistry, the problem is Bennie Anderson. Not that Culpepper doesn't take a ton of sacks and fumble a lot as it is.

Gee that sounds an awful lot like your wonder boy to me, the funmbles and sacks part. Bennie hasn't earned a starting or roster spot yet. We have other options at guard. Who took Bennies place at guard in Buffalo??? I'm sure it wasn't a probowler or even close to that, but you feel the need to trash other teams players. Why don't you worry about your less then stellar QB's and Oline and not worry about Miami's. The Bills have a lot farther to go then Miami, yet you feel it's important to trash a team thats far better then yours.

Goobylal
08-22-2006, 07:40 AM
Gee that sounds an awful lot like your wonder boy to me, the funmbles and sacks part. Bennie hasn't earned a starting or roster spot yet. We have other options at guard. Who took Bennies place at guard in Buffalo??? I'm sure it wasn't a probowler or even close to that, but you feel the need to trash other teams players. Why don't you worry about your less then stellar QB's and Oline and not worry about Miami's. The Bills have a lot farther to go then Miami, yet you feel it's important to trash a team thats far better then yours.
The Bills replaced Anderson with Tutan Reyes, the starting OG from the Panthers for the last 2 years. He's already proven to be a MUCH better player who can actually pull and won't commit a penalty or three every game. And he was added at the same time Anderson was for the Dols, and is already fitting-in.

As for your claim that there are other, better players than Anderson on Miami's roster, yeah I guess that's why they were starting OVER him. It's always refreshing to hear people talk about the great players waiting to step-in for a guy who's been underproducing in his starting role.

And give me a break with the "far better" team thing. The Bills were 6 seconds and horrible Mularkey play-calling from sweeping the Dols last year. And had the Patriots actually PLAYED their starters in the season-ending game, the Bills would have finished 6-10 and the Dolphins 7-9. And like I said, Miami got weaker over the off-season.

And finally, save your indignation for the MIAMI message boards. You're in Bills territory here.

feelthepain
08-22-2006, 11:04 AM
The Bills replaced Anderson with Tutan Reyes, the starting OG from the Panthers for the last 2 years. He's already proven to be a MUCH better player who can actually pull and won't commit a penalty or three every game. And he was added at the same time Anderson was for the Dols, and is already fitting-in.

As for your claim that there are other, better players than Anderson on Miami's roster, yeah I guess that's why they were starting OVER him. It's always refreshing to hear people talk about the great players waiting to step-in for a guy who's been underproducing in his starting role.

And give me a break with the "far better" team thing. The Bills were 6 seconds and horrible Mularkey play-calling from sweeping the Dols last year. And had the Patriots actually PLAYED their starters in the season-ending game, the Bills would have finished 6-10 and the Dolphins 7-9. And like I said, Miami got weaker over the off-season.

And finally, save your indignation for the MIAMI message boards. You're in Bills territory here.

Tutan Reyes has already proven far better??? How?? Did the season start and I missed it?? It's been two preseason games. The Bills have given up 9.5 sacks in the first two preseason games doesn't sound like a lot of success blocking anybody to me.

The reason Bennine is getting looks for us is because he was successful in Baltimore, Saban doesn't give a crap about what he did in Buffalo because your whole line sucks and it's hardly a place to judge a players talent. Saban and Houck will do their own homework on Anderson and make their own conclusions. We have depth on the line far more then the Bills. MaCintosh, Person, Toledo just to name a few all of which can play gaurd. So stop acting like because Anderson was on one of the worst lines in all of football last Anderson was the reason the Bills were so bad, it was a team effort that made your line terrible last year.

You think because your team was six seconds from sweeping us that means squat?? It's a division game, every year division games are battles no matter how good or bad the teams in the division are. In 04 we were 4-12 but one of our 4 wins was against the eventual SB champ Pats. Stop being stupid, also you trash the coaches and players that left your team, but those are the players and coaches that were six seconds from winning that you're bragging about.

This may be a Bills board but it doesn't automatically give you the right to be ignorant and bias. Your team is far from doing anything and you spend your day trashing teams that have gotten better just because you're to immature to accept it.

Goobylal
08-22-2006, 01:24 PM
A Dols fan comes to a Buffalo Bills message board spouting-out his homeristic drivel and I'M the one who is "ignorant and [sic] bias?!" Now I've heard EVERYTHING! :LMAO:

Grow up little boy. Your team is overrated, as it is EVERY year.

feelthepain
08-22-2006, 03:06 PM
A Dols fan comes to a Buffalo Bills message board spouting-out his homeristic drivel and I'M the one who is "ignorant and [sic] bias?!" Now I've heard EVERYTHING! :LMAO:

Grow up little boy. Your team is overrated, as it is EVERY year.

Ahhhh, did I hurt your feelings??? It's ok, your team sucks and you want to tear eveyone elses team down because it's just not fair!!! Yeah, overrated well you always have hope.

justasportsfan
08-22-2006, 03:11 PM
This may be a Bills board but it doesn't automatically give you the right to be ignorant and bias. .says who? You? Who the hell are you here on bz?

BTW, you shouldn't talk about ignorance and bias.

Your team is far from doing anything and you spend your day trashing teams that have gotten better just because you're to immature to accept it. calling someone immature is immature

Goobylal
08-22-2006, 03:17 PM
It's gonna be a FUN season!:jam:

North_Coast
08-22-2006, 03:24 PM
Tutan Reyes has already proven far better??? How?? Did the season start and I missed it?? It's been two preseason games. The Bills have given up 9.5 sacks in the first two preseason games doesn't sound like a lot of success blocking anybody to me.

The reason Bennine is getting looks for us is because he was successful in Baltimore, Saban doesn't give a crap about what he did in Buffalo because your whole line sucks and it's hardly a place to judge a players talent. Saban and Houck will do their own homework on Anderson and make their own conclusions. We have depth on the line far more then the Bills. MaCintosh, Person, Toledo just to name a few all of which can play gaurd. So stop acting like because Anderson was on one of the worst lines in all of football last Anderson was the reason the Bills were so bad, it was a team effort that made your line terrible last year.

You think because your team was six seconds from sweeping us that means squat?? It's a division game, every year division games are battles no matter how good or bad the teams in the division are. In 04 we were 4-12 but one of our 4 wins was against the eventual SB champ Pats. Stop being stupid, also you trash the coaches and players that left your team, but those are the players and coaches that were six seconds from winning that you're bragging about.

This may be a Bills board but it doesn't automatically give you the right to be ignorant and bias. Your team is far from doing anything and you spend your day trashing teams that have gotten better just because you're to immature to accept it.

The fact is that Miami's oline is not nearly as good as Carplovers think it is. The reason Fat Bennie is starting is because the Carp don't have anybody better. McKinney, last year's starting center, was moved to RG and RG Hadnot moved to C. McKinney sucked at RG and was out of shape, so enter Bennie. It seems McKinney and Anderson were a toss up, but then McKinney got hurt, and there goes the RG and backup center in one swoop. Anyways, Bennie is starting RG, there's a rookie backing him up, and I don't have any idea who's backing up Hadnot -- probably another Day 2 rookie. Shelton on the left side hasn't been impressive, either, and barely better than McIntosh! Carey is not somebody to get excited over. James is decent but not a pro bowler by any stretch of anyone's imagination.

The Bucs didn't play all their defenders, didn't play their first stringers long, and Daunte still had to go to a three step drop to survive. All you Carppies looking for big offensives fireworks from Daunte and Chambers are going to be very disappointed. It's hard to throw long when you're forced into a three-step drop!

This isn't sour grapes, FTP. Bills fans know the signs of a bad oline when we see them because we watched the Bills olines get worse and worse for about four years, and those signs are all over the Miami oline.

Goobylal
08-22-2006, 03:30 PM
We also saw the Dols last year look JUST like the Bills did in 2004. And come crunch time, Mularkey will prove to be a scrub OC just like we've said he is.

Gunzlingr
08-22-2006, 03:43 PM
I hope Culpepper returns to his 2005 form for the dolfelons :snicker:

Mr. Miyagi
08-22-2006, 03:50 PM
You think because your team was six seconds from sweeping us that means squat?? It's a division game, every year division games are battles no matter how good or bad the teams in the division are.
One of the main reasons that we didn't win that second game against the Fins last year was Mularkey's terrible play calls.

He's YOUR problem now. :snicker:

feelthepain
08-22-2006, 04:37 PM
One of the main reasons that we didn't win that second game against the Fins last year was Mularkey's terrible play calls.

He's YOUR problem now. :snicker:

Yeah, it had nothing to do with Sabans adjustments at halftime.

Gunzlingr
08-22-2006, 04:46 PM

So explain the botched calls in the games your god didn't coach against Malarkey?

feelthepain
08-22-2006, 05:10 PM
The fact is that Miami's oline is not nearly as good as Carplovers think it is. The reason Fat Bennie is starting is because the Carp don't have anybody better. McKinney, last year's starting center, was moved to RG and RG Hadnot moved to C. McKinney sucked at RG and was out of shape, so enter Bennie. It seems McKinney and Anderson were a toss up, but then McKinney got hurt, and there goes the RG and backup center in one swoop. Anyways, Bennie is starting RG, there's a rookie backing him up, and I don't have any idea who's backing up Hadnot -- probably another Day 2 rookie. Shelton on the left side hasn't been impressive, either, and barely better than McIntosh! Carey is not somebody to get excited over. James is decent but not a pro bowler by any stretch of anyone's imagination.

The Bucs didn't play all their defenders, didn't play their first stringers long, and Daunte still had to go to a three step drop to survive. All you Carppies looking for big offensives fireworks from Daunte and Chambers are going to be very disappointed. It's hard to throw long when you're forced into a three-step drop!

This isn't sour grapes, FTP. Bills fans know the signs of a bad oline when we see them because we watched the Bills olines get worse and worse for about four years, and those signs are all over the Miami oline.

Here we go again!!!! The whole frikin world revolves around what the Bills do!! Since when are the Bills a measuring stick for any team in the NFL?? the Bills were 5-11 and it wasn't all Bennine Anderson and MM. You people are amazing, you have no QB and the worst Oline in the division but you feel like your experts at judging everyone elses line. For your information we gave up half as many sacks last year as the year before and finished 10 spots higher then the year before on Oline rankings. Do you people actually study you oponent or do you just say things that you want and forget about facts??

Miami's line is better then it was in 05 because we moved Hadnot to center and Carey to RT we brought in LJ Shelton to play LT and we already had Jenno James at LG we then sign FA Bennie Anderson, but he hasn't earned a statring spot he's being tested at RG for us, but he hasn't even made the roster yet, so we don't know where he will be or if he will be on our line. We have Damion MacIntosh, Joe Toledo, Joe Berger,Tony Pape, Mike Pearson and Wade Smith all fighting for a roster spot, Andersons is just another guy trying to win a job.

As for what the Bucs did, we didn't have Travis Daniels and we didn't play our starters long either. Daunte is new to this team and it will take some time for the chemistry. We only gave up 3 points to the Buc starters and we won in thier house against the best Defense in the league last year. The Bills got crushed at home with their starters on the fireld the whole first half of the game. While I guarantee the Bengals didn't have their starting D on the field the whole first half. You need to stress over your team being way behind in the division and stop posting your wishes and not facts about Miami.

feelthepain
08-22-2006, 05:12 PM
So explain the botched calls in the games your god didn't coach against Malarkey?

In the second half of the game your D was the problem not MM's O!!! Chris Chambers put up 238 yards on your D with Sage Rosenfels throwing him the ball.

Goobylal
08-22-2006, 06:50 PM
Saban's adjustments (if you can call the Bills' defense falling asleep and Frerotte getting injured and replaced by Rosenfels "adjustments") meant nothing if Mularkey had run the ball say, ONCE more than he did in the 4th quarter. The Bills had a 20 point lead going into the 4th quarter as well as the ball, and the idiot savant (minus the savant part) Mularkey calls EIGHT pass plays, with only ONE being completed. Think a run with another 30 seconds of clock time subtracted from the game clock instead of a clock-stopping incompletion would have helped preserve the win? How about SEVEN runs instead of passes? Any answer other than "yes" shows your ignorance.

And yes, on a Buffalo Bills message board, the world DOES revolve around the Bills. Quit your whining and deal with it or get lost.

HHURRICANE
08-22-2006, 08:28 PM

Mike Mularkey
:lolabove:

Typ0
08-22-2006, 08:31 PM
I kind of fear Culpepper being in Miami. I loved it when Wanny was down there that team could be completely ignored...but I always though DC was a much better QB that he was getting credit for. Miami wins the division this year.

feelthepain
08-22-2006, 09:11 PM
And yes, on a Buffalo Bills message board, the world DOES revolve around the Bills. Quit your whining and deal with it or get lost.

Maybe I will when you deal with the fact your team is the worst in the division.

Goobylal
08-22-2006, 09:22 PM
Another brilliant statement from the most ignorant Miami homer of them all. And that's saying something!

Go flagellate yourself on FinHeaven. Better yet, keep doing it here. We could use the laughs.

!Papacrunk!
08-22-2006, 10:38 PM
Another brilliant statement from the most ignorant Miami homer of them all. And that's saying something!

Go flagellate yourself on FinHeaven. Better yet, keep doing it here. We could use the laughs.
Phew, I thought "I" was the only one that used the word flagellate.

Goobylal
08-23-2006, 08:01 AM
Phew, I thought "I" was the only one that used the word flagellate.
Nope! But do you also use "vitrol?" How about "heinous?":question:

North_Coast
08-23-2006, 08:31 AM
Here we go again!!!! The whole frikin world revolves around what the Bills do!! Since when are the Bills a measuring stick for any team in the NFL?? the Bills were 5-11 and it wasn't all Bennine Anderson and MM. You people are amazing, you have no QB and the worst Oline in the division but you feel like your experts at judging everyone elses line. For your information we gave up half as many sacks last year as the year before and finished 10 spots higher then the year before on Oline rankings. Do you people actually study you oponent or do you just say things that you want and forget about facts??

Miami's line is better then it was in 05 because we moved Hadnot to center and Carey to RT we brought in LJ Shelton to play LT and we already had Jenno James at LG we then sign FA Bennie Anderson, but he hasn't earned a statring spot he's being tested at RG for us, but he hasn't even made the roster yet, so we don't know where he will be or if he will be on our line. We have Damion MacIntosh, Joe Toledo, Joe Berger,Tony Pape, Mike Pearson and Wade Smith all fighting for a roster spot, Andersons is just another guy trying to win a job.

As for what the Bucs did, we didn't have Travis Daniels and we didn't play our starters long either. Daunte is new to this team and it will take some time for the chemistry. We only gave up 3 points to the Buc starters and we won in thier house against the best Defense in the league last year. The Bills got crushed at home with their starters on the fireld the whole first half of the game. While I guarantee the Bengals didn't have their starting D on the field the whole first half. You need to stress over your team being way behind in the division and stop posting your wishes and not facts about Miami.

Since this is a Bills mb, yes, the whole world does revolve around the Buffalo Bills!

While you are correct that the entire blame for the 5-11 record last year doesn't fall on Mularkey and Anderson, they were significant contributors.

One thing about being a member of football mbs while your team has a bad oline -- if you pay attention and ask questions, you can learn a whole lot about the oline -- probably more than you ever wanted to know -- and you get to be an "expert" because it's such a frequent topic. When your team has a good oline, everybody talks about how great the QB or WRs or RBs are doing. When your team's oline stinks, well, the QB, WRs, and RBs probably stink, too, production-wise, so everybody talks about how to fix the oline.

Now, to Miami's line. Your oline is not better than in '05 when your major FA signings are L J Shelton and Bennie Anderson, and both are starting. Your oline is not better than in '05 when your starting center from '05 (McKinney) doesn't play very well in '06 OTAs and is shifted to RG (a position he never played) and the 05 RG (Hadnot) moves to center. Your oline is not better when McKinney, now maybe starting RG and backup C, will be out for 2 or 3 months. Your oline is not better when your backup RG is a 4th round rookie converted from a college tackle converted from a college TE -- and who is now hurt.

The Bucs didn't have their best DL player, Simeon Rice, and they pulled their defensive starters after the third Miami series. Still, the Bucs forced Daunte to go from a 7 step drop to a 5 step and finally to a 3 step drop, meaning that the oline wasn't giving Culpepper enough time to throw anything but short passes. That smells like a lousy oline to me, however much you want to say differently. :lol:

North_Coast
08-23-2006, 08:33 AM
Nope! But do you also use "vitrol?" How about "heinous?":question:

I can do that: "He used his heinous vitriol to flagellate the Carplover!" :lol:

HHURRICANE
08-23-2006, 08:42 AM
I kind of fear Culpepper being in Miami. I loved it when Wanny was down there that team could be completely ignored...but I always though DC was a much better QB that he was getting credit for. Miami wins the division this year.

That post just summed you up. I usually root for the Bills first.

Bling
08-23-2006, 06:46 PM

Dude, that's messed up. You don't question a fellow fan's heart to the team, unless they do something drastic.

feelthepain
08-23-2006, 07:06 PM
The Bucs didn't have their best DL player, Simeon Rice, and they pulled their defensive starters after the third Miami series. Still, the Bucs forced Daunte to go from a 7 step drop to a 5 step and finally to a 3 step drop, meaning that the oline wasn't giving Culpepper enough time to throw anything but short passes. That smells like a lousy oline to me, however much you want to say differently.

It's the second preseason game, without gamplans and Dunte playing behind a line he's never played behind, against one of the Best D in the league last year. It takes time for the chemistry to take effect! If you want to look at as the performances in that game are what you'll see say the fifth week of the season then thats up to you. I don't take what happens in preseason as anything other then, it its what it is preseason.

If in your mind you think this past weeks preseason games count for anything then you may aswell pack it in for the season because your team was crushed at home against a backup QB. And your boy JP turned the ball over three times all by himself. But I'll bet a million dollars you don't have as harsh an opinion of your team this past week as you do of the fins. Then again you don't want your team to fail so you're much more forgiving of them.

FinFaninBuffalo
08-23-2006, 07:09 PM
Now, to Miami's line. Your oline is not better than in '05 when your major FA signings are L J Shelton and Bennie Anderson, and both are starting. Your oline is not better than in '05 when your starting center from '05 (McKinney) doesn't play very well in '06 OTAs and is shifted to RG (a position he never played) and the 05 RG (Hadnot) moves to center. Your oline is not better when McKinney, now maybe starting RG and backup C, will be out for 2 or 3 months. Your oline is not better when your backup RG is a 4th round rookie converted from a college tackle converted from a college TE -- and who is now hurt.

The Bucs didn't have their best DL player, Simeon Rice, and they pulled their defensive starters after the third Miami series. Still, the Bucs forced Daunte to go from a 7 step drop to a 5 step and finally to a 3 step drop, meaning that the oline wasn't giving Culpepper enough time to throw anything but short passes. That smells like a lousy oline to me, however much you want to say differently. :lol:

You neglected to mention that the starting LT from last season is still on the team. If Shelton wasn't an upgrade, McIntosh would still be starting. McKinney was the weak point on the line. Hadnot was moved to center to improve the position. LG is the same. RT is the same. The only position that could be worse is RG. Anderson was brought in to compete at a position that he has had considerable success at (unlike th Bills who moved him to LG). They have depth at tackle and will have depth at G and C when McKinney returns.

In addition, the returning players will have another year under the best OL coach in the league and another year in this offense. They still have to prove it on the field, but my assessment is quite a bit different than yours.

Here is my "unbiased" review of the Bills OL:

The Bills are starting a converted guard at LT, an old RG, and a converted TE at RT (who was abused in his last game). They are also trying to work in a new C and LG. Those were low level FA acquisitions at best. Fowler couldn't hold a starting spot on the Browns and only started on the Vikings because of an injury. The Viking offense struggled when he was in. Reyes couldn't break into the starting lineup in Carolina until Jeno James left (he is the starting LG in Miami). Their highly regarded OL coach has had difficulty working with the Bills linemen and they are moving to a new offense with a new HC and OC. Your top backup (Jerman) was cut by the Fins.

Typ0
08-23-2006, 07:58 PM

I didn't say I wasn't rooting for the bills on sundays...I'm just think Miami has a really decent team if Cullpepper plays where he's capable of playing and I'm not going to ignore that just to be a homey.

Bling
08-24-2006, 09:56 PM
14 for 19 for over 100 yards (not sure).

Guy just looks phenominal. I've never actually had a good QB on one of my football teams all my life.

Goobylal
08-24-2006, 10:05 PM
A high completion percentage but much point production. And that was with the Panthers missing Morgan and Diggs on defense, and Smith on offense.

I thought the pass protection was pretty good, but the run blocking was horrible. Bennie Anderson was a treat to watch!

LtFinFan66
08-24-2006, 11:06 PM
A high completion percentage but much point production. And that was with the Panthers missing Morgan and Diggs on defense, and Smith on offense.

I thought the pass protection was pretty good, but the run blocking was horrible. Bennie Anderson was a treat to watch!Diggs started and got hurt...IT HAPPENS (not an excuse)

LtFinFan66
08-24-2006, 11:07 PM

Guy just looks phenominal. I've never actually had a good QB on one of my football teams all my life.130 yards

hammerbillsfan
08-25-2006, 12:40 AM
I've never actually had a good QB on one of my football teams all my life.

Marino?

LtFinFan66
08-25-2006, 12:43 AM
Bling is a young'un. he would have only been like 10 when Marino retired....maybe he wasn't watching yet:idunno:

hammerbillsfan
08-25-2006, 12:45 AM
I thought he might knew who he was at that time.

LtFinFan66
08-25-2006, 01:04 AM
he should. my son is 11 and knows Culpepper and knew of the 3 F's(Fied, Fee, Fre)

!Papacrunk!
08-25-2006, 07:36 AM
One thing that will never get old for me to say, it can be used almost anytime--we're talking about a guy that some on here have said that wasn't supposed to play, this year, not until midseason, or it'd be amazing if he started the opener, and yet he has three pre-season starts under his belt. Not only that, but he returned to the scene of his major injury, put up pretty good numbers, didn't get any tds though, but at least got them into the redzone a few times. Against the vaulted Carolina D. The same D that peeps forgot to tell them it's preseason by some of the stats they've been putting up this preseason.
One another note, Joey Harrington has been doing pretty good himself, even Cleo Lemon has been solid. So at least the backup depth seems to be above average. True setbacks can happen at any time, but I'm feeling a bit reassured of our QB corps compared to previous years.

HHURRICANE
08-25-2006, 08:22 AM
One thing that will never get old for me to say, it can be used almost anytime--we're talking about a guy that some on here have said that wasn't supposed to play, this year, not until midseason, or it'd be amazing if he started the opener, and yet he has three pre-season starts under his belt.

I want the Bills to beat Miami with Daunte on the field so I'm glad he's doing well with his recovery. The pass protection looks good with him in the pocket. The opposing D has to respect his mobility and size. I think Harrington was a great pickup as well and wish we had him.

Papacrunk, I will say this, I think that you will be regretting having MM as your OC. I see the same thing happening to Ronnie Brown that happened to McGahee last year. MM is so focused on his silly little plays that he misses the big picture. If you asked me right now what the number one improvement to our team was I'd say losing MM.

HAMMER
08-25-2006, 11:02 AM
One thing that will never get old for me to say, it can be used almost anytime--we're talking about a guy that some on here have said that wasn't supposed to play, this year, not until midseason, or it'd be amazing if he started the opener, and yet he has three pre-season starts under his belt. Not only that, but he returned to the scene of his major injury, put up pretty good numbers, didn't get any tds though, but at least got them into the redzone a few times. Against the vaulted Carolina D. The same D that peeps forgot to tell them it's preseason by some of the stats they've been putting up this preseason.
One another note, Joey Harrington has been doing pretty good himself, even Cleo Lemon has been solid. So at least the backup depth seems to be above average. True setbacks can happen at any time, but I'm feeling a bit reassured of our QB corps compared to previous years.

I was one of those people that was sure he wouldn't be able to do spit until mid-season. Looks like I was wrong, but I still say we beat the lowly Phish down.

feelthepain
08-25-2006, 11:03 AM
I
Papacrunk, I will say this, I think that you will be regretting having MM as your OC. I see the same thing happening to Ronnie Brown that happened to McGahee last year. MM is so focused on his silly little plays that he misses the big picture. If you asked me right now what the number one improvement to our team was I'd say losing MM.

I keep reading this from Bill fans, but so far this preseason our O has outplayed every team we've played in both yrds from the LOS and TOP, from the starters that is. I'm not going to call MM the best OC in the game, but you also forget MM isn't in total control of what happens in Miami like he was in Buff. For some reason Billfans just refuse to accept that little bit of information. Saban knows what he wants from his O and if he isn't getting it changes will be made. There was no one in Buffalo that could make the changes above MM, why can't you get a grasp of that??

North_Coast
08-25-2006, 12:58 PM

Guy just looks phenominal. I've never actually had a good QB on one of my football teams all my life.

It was 14/19 for 130 yards, no fumbles, no picks, no TDs. One "long" pass (32 yarder for a td) negated by offensive PI. No other pass attempt beyond 20 yards. That's 9.02 YPC and 6.8 YPA.

Meanwhile, Ronnie Brown ran 13 times for 27 yards and one big stuff on 4th and 1 at the Carolina goal!

Them's not Pro Bowl numbers, dude. Them's Mularkey-ball numbers.

:down:

North_Coast
08-25-2006, 01:03 PM
I keep reading this from Bill fans, but so far this preseason our O has outplayed every team we've played in both yrds from the LOS and TOP, from the starters that is. I'm not going to call MM the best OC in the game, but you also forget MM isn't in total control of what happens in Miami like he was in Buff. For some reason Billfans just refuse to accept that little bit of information. Saban knows what he wants from his O and if he isn't getting it changes will be made. There was no one in Buffalo that could make the changes above MM, why can't you get a grasp of that??

Is Saban going to take over the play calling?

Mularkey is what he is. Like all of us, he has tendencies, and his tendencies are to shy away from stretching the field; to favor big, slow linemen; to concede on third-and-long; and to try trick plays down near the goal or on third-downs.

dplus47
08-25-2006, 01:05 PM
It was 14/19 for 130 yards, no fumbles, no picks, no TDs. One "long" pass (32 yarder for a td) negated by offensive PI. No other pass attempt beyond 20 yards. That's 9.02 YPC and 6.8 YPA.

Meanwhile, Ronnie Brown ran 13 times for 27 yards and one big stuff on 4th and 1 at the Carolina goal!

luckily, the preseason doesn't factor into pro bowl consideration. 14/19 is something any dolphin fan can get excited about. we got treated to frerotte last year, and 9/19 would have been a good outing for him. c-pep's accuracy ALONE makes him a big upgrade over gus, and there's more to his game than a high completion %, as we should get to see this year.

dplus47
08-25-2006, 01:07 PM

Mularkey is what he is. Like all of us, he has tendencies, and his tendencies are to shy away from stretching the field; to favor big, slow linemen; to concede on third-and-long; and to try trick plays down near the goal or on third-downs.

if the guy is 1/10 as bad as you think he is, saban will fire him before midseason. the names "nicky napoleon" and "nicktator" didn't just come out of thin air. mularkey doesn't run that team, and i'm sure he knows it.

feelthepain
08-25-2006, 02:32 PM

If Saban needs to take over the play calling he will. I just don't think it will come to that. If Saban isn't happy with the play calling say on short yardage he will make suggestions and they will be followed. He did it to scott Linehan last year and the team made imporvements over the lat half of the season. You seem to think because MM is the OC the buc stops there....it doesn't!! There is a reason Saban made sure before accepted the Dolphins job there would be no phase of the team that isn't under his control. He will not lose because of someone elses decisions. If he loses it will be because he was the one who made the descisions, it's that simple. Sorry if that annoys Bill fans, but it is what it is, Sabans team not Mike Mularkeys.

justasportsfan
08-25-2006, 02:54 PM
Mularkey could do well when he has a strong HC babysitting him. He had that in Cowher. I hope he fails horribly because I doubt Saban is that great at calling offensive plays either.

Bling
08-25-2006, 06:51 PM
I saw Marino, but I got to see the old Marino. He didn't have it. I also saw Chris Weinke in his later years, he was pretty good. But besides that, I've endured Chris Rix, Jay Fiedler, Gus Frerotte, Brian Griese, and AJ Feeley.

Bling
08-25-2006, 06:52 PM

I know what you mean. Over 70% passing by a guy that some wrote off as not even playing till week 8.... sheesh... why do I get my hopes up?

feelthepain
08-25-2006, 07:06 PM
I know what you mean. Over 70% passing by a guy that some wrote off as not even playing till week 8.... sheesh... why do I get my hopes up?

I love how they pick apart our game, but I don't see the saying a word about their teams performace last week. At one point it was 40 somthin to 17!!! Think they think their season is over from a preseason game??? I somehow doubt it!!

SABURZFAN
08-25-2006, 07:07 PM

holy christ....wipe off the manjuice. :rolleyes: