PDA

View Full Version : nalls TD pass lol

djjimkelly
08-19-2006, 09:59 PM
yeah im very impressed by the 4th and 1 play fake vs UPS drivers to a wide open FB ricard in the flat. what a display of his arm.

all this being said im not slighting nall but CMON people lets hope for him to be 2nd string ahead of holcomb.

but at this point anyone asking or expecting this guy to be the starter here ever barring injury is either anti JP or a whiner

ibatiger
08-19-2006, 10:28 PM
yeah im very impressed by the 4th and 1 play fake vs UPS drivers to a wide open FB ricard in the flat. what a display of his arm.

all this being said im not slighting nall but CMON people lets hope for him to be 2nd string ahead of holcomb.

but at this point anyone asking or expecting this guy to be the starter here ever barring injury is either anti JP or a whiner

You think that is as far as Nall can throw the ball? I've got news for you. He can make any throw on the field. And the best part is he knows when to make them. Nall is simply a better NFL QB than Losman at this point in their careers. Not even close.

ross janis
08-19-2006, 10:33 PM
Nall is stong enouth to play. He"l take the game the honrs
to make big plays.

Dozerdog
08-19-2006, 10:36 PM
I wonder if the criticism would be the same if Losman scored a TD pass with 4 minutes to go vs Carolina.

What was Nall supposed to do? Not score on the drives? He did his job with what as given to him.

I don't get the point of this thread

ross janis
08-19-2006, 10:37 PM
By the honrs . and make big plays

Kelly The Dog
08-19-2006, 10:48 PM
You think that is as far as Nall can throw the ball? I've got news for you. He can make any throw on the field. And the best part is he knows when to make them. Nall is simply a better NFL QB than Losman at this point in their careers. Not even close.
Nall threw one ball over 20 yards and if were a good pass it would have been a TD. But it wasn't. Wilson made a circus one handed catch out of bounds. A good throw was a TD. He played a decent to pretty good game but that was it. He will probably be the back-up.

djjimkelly
08-19-2006, 11:51 PM
I wonder if the criticism would be the same if Losman scored a TD pass with 4 minutes to go vs Carolina.

What was Nall supposed to do? Not score on the drives? He did his job with what as given to him.

I don't get the point of this thread

the point of this thread is simple NALL is not gonna be our starter im not trying to knock the guy.

i just want to end this thought some have on the board that NALL is gonna start next week or week 1 or ever unless there is some serious injury

ParanoidAndroid
08-20-2006, 07:19 AM
So you don't even want to see what he can do in preseason with the starters? How can you be absolutely sure we have our best QB out there if one of them never really got a shot? So far, every game Nall has been in, he has been efficient. Now, it is true that it hasn't been when it really matters (2nd half preseason, garbage time, etc.) but he has been efficient. I think we should at least see if he can play as well against a starting defense.

YardRat
08-20-2006, 07:34 AM
JP will start against Cleveland. Jauron and Co. are giving him every chance they can to step up and prove to the team he deserves to be the QB. All he has to do is not turn the ball over.

I think this staff is willing to give JP slack and suffer some of the 'growing pains', but JP has to reciprocate and show gradual improvement and not throw terrible passes for picks or put the ball on the ground.

BillsFever21
08-20-2006, 09:47 AM
JP has a couple fumbles in a preseason game and his haters act like this has been an ongoing problem. He only lost 3 fumbles last season.

TO's happen. You think he's the only QB who ever lost 2 fumbles in a game before? It's not like he was doing it every game last season either.

The fumbles sucked but it's not like it's been a problem since he's been here. It happens. He played a great game besides them.

The guy threw some great passes and his haters can only point out a couple fumbles. Something that every QB in this league will do at least 1 game this season.

DraftBoy
08-20-2006, 10:14 AM
JP has a couple fumbles in a preseason game and his haters act like this has been an ongoing problem. He only lost 3 fumbles last season.

TO's happen. You think he's the only QB who ever lost 2 fumbles in a game before? It's not like he was doing it every game last season either.

The fumbles sucked but it's not like it's been a problem since he's been here. It happens. He played a great game besides them.

The guy threw some great passes and his haters can only point out a couple fumbles. Something that every QB in this league will do at least 1 game this season.

You cant just pick and choose when to go by last season or not. We all were told that last season's stats shouldnt matter or be counted against him because he was screwed. So we can only take what he's done this preseason and apply it to him. And he's looked good aside from the lack of consistency and his TO's in the last game. And yes call me a hater and say Im using a Wys tactic to exclude his nice stat of losing only 3 fumbles last year, but then I have free reign to use all his stats as a starter last year against him as to why he shouldnt be our starter, and they should be valid concerns.

HHURRICANE
08-20-2006, 10:16 AM
JP will start against Cleveland. Jauron and Co. are giving him every chance they can to step up and prove to the team he deserves to be the QB. All he has to do is not turn the ball over.

I think this staff is willing to give JP slack and suffer some of the 'growing pains', but JP has to reciprocate and show gradual improvement and not throw terrible passes for picks or put the ball on the ground.

Good post and point. I agree!

HHURRICANE
08-20-2006, 10:21 AM

This is a pretty dumb post. Based on what?! Nall has been injured and hasn't even played against a second string D yet. He's got the arm but the rest is pure Losman hating speculation.

Kerr
08-20-2006, 10:46 AM

Then he should been kept in green bay instead of drafting rodgers.
Wasn't it Mike Sherman who was interested in drafting Losman a few years ago the same year your boy nall had just broken records in nfl europe?

Turf
08-20-2006, 10:54 AM
We haven't seen enough of Nall to draw a conclusion. In the little I have seen of him he looks level headed and consistent. He needs to play a lot next week.

djjimkelly
08-20-2006, 11:15 AM
We haven't seen enough of Nall to draw a conclusion. In the little I have seen of him he looks level headed and consistent. He needs to play a lot next week.

yeah thats what 3rd and 4th quarter are for next week

Risin
08-20-2006, 11:54 AM
Nall is simply a better NFL QB than Losman at this point in their careers. Not even close.

I'd say the total opposite.

Despite having more time in the league, and being groomed by a future hall-of-famer, Craig Nall isn't half the QB you make him out to be.

I'm not going to hate on him, he's a Buffalo Bill, and I root for them all.

In saying that, he's got nothing more then career backup, or bad starter potential. (ie: Kelly Holcomb)

I like his arm, his accuracy is average at best, and the dude has lead feet.

Everyone likes to ***** about Losman skipping balls, well I got to watch Nall skip a ball on a 10 yard comeback last night, when Sam Aiken was wide open.

Having poise, and knowing when to throw the ball (your words, not mine) really showed when he was pressured, and threw to a double covered Neufeld.

If Nall ever starts, I hope he lights it up, and goes on to be a hall of famer. Until that happens, I will root my sack off for whoever is the starting QB for my team, and will not make stuff up to make a career backup, seem like the next coming.

When Flutie was here, I was a Rob Johnson guy, but I always rooted for Flutie. I didn't dislike Flutie one bit, but his fans were a royal pain in the butt.

You are starting to irritate me in the same way, with all this off the wall Craig Nall is the best ever garbage.

I'm probably in the minority, but it's irritating to read a post about Losman, and then you're there to bring Nall into every argument, and then bash JP.

Mr. Cynical
08-20-2006, 12:00 PM

:roflmao:

ibatiger
08-20-2006, 04:27 PM
This is a pretty dumb post. Based on what?! Nall has been injured and hasn't even played against a second string D yet. He's got the arm but the rest is pure Losman hating speculation.

What a load of crap! There's nobody on this board who has seen Nall play more than I have. I also have seen Losman play plenty. I have nothing against Losman except that he is not as good of an NFL QB as Nall. Period. I'm basing that on observation. I don't know either of them to be able to hate them. Give me a break.

ibatiger
08-20-2006, 04:31 PM

You are starting to irritate me in the same way, with all this off the wall Craig Nall is the best ever garbage.

I'm probably in the minority, but it's irritating to read a post about Losman, and then you're there to bring Nall into every argument, and then bash JP.

I haven't bashed anybody. I'm just stating my opinion based on a lot of observation. How much have you seen Nall play? I am not coming from off the wall. If you find it irritating that I defend Nall then so be it.

ibatiger
08-20-2006, 04:32 PM
yeah thats what 3rd and 4th quarter are for next week

Yeah, it'd be too bad if he got to play early and we could see what he can do. See, this is the kind of crap that IRRITATES me.

ibatiger
08-20-2006, 04:41 PM
Then he should been kept in green bay instead of drafting rodgers.
Wasn't it Mike Sherman who was interested in drafting Losman a few years ago the same year your boy nall had just broken records in nfl europe?

I don't know what Green Bay's interest was in Losman. But that's irrelavant because after 2004 he was Sherman's backup and heir to Favre as far as he was concerned. That changed when the new GM came in and Rodgers fell to 24th. Whoopi doo. I guess that was the first time that ever happened.

Goobylal
08-20-2006, 05:13 PM
What a load of crap! There's nobody on this board who has seen Nall play more than I have. I also have seen Losman play plenty. I have nothing against Losman except that he is not as good of an NFL QB as Nall. Period. I'm basing that on observation. I don't know either of them to be able to hate them. Give me a break.
How much HAVE you seen Nall play? During his NFLE days? In garbage time of a blowout win and loss while with Green Bay in 2004? What about his performance in pre-season LAST year?

Kerr
08-20-2006, 07:44 PM
I don't know what Green Bay's interest was in Losman. But that's irrelavant because after 2004 he was Sherman's backup and heir to Favre as far as he was concerned. That changed when the new GM came in and Rodgers fell to 24th. Whoopi doo. I guess that was the first time that ever happened.

Yeah, you also didn't see that it means GB had no confidence in nall to pass on rodgers.

ibatiger
08-20-2006, 09:57 PM
Nall threw one ball over 20 yards and if were a good pass it would have been a TD. But it wasn't. Wilson made a circus one handed catch out of bounds. A good throw was a TD. He played a decent to pretty good game but that was it. He will probably be the back-up.

I just watched that play on the replays. That is a TD 9 times out of 10. The receivers got to get his feet inbounds on that play if the QB gets it in that spot. Nall did just what he was trying to do.

Goobylal
08-20-2006, 10:16 PM
What are you talking about? Wilson made a circus catch to just GET the ball.

And you talk about making excuses for JP. :rolleyes:

Kelly The Dog
08-21-2006, 01:49 AM
I just watched that play on the replays. That is a TD 9 times out of 10. The receivers got to get his feet inbounds on that play if the QB gets it in that spot. Nall did just what he was trying to do.
That's just nuts. The ball was out of bounds and Wilson made a ridiculous one handed, arm-outstretched catch and landed well out of bounds. The pass was four feet off and if it would have been in bounds it was a TD.

Mr. Pink
08-21-2006, 01:56 AM
Yeah, you also didn't see that it means GB had no confidence in nall to pass on rodgers.

Kerr, don't forget, Green Bay had so much confidence in Nall before drafting Rodgers they brought in Tim Couch to audition to be the heir apparent to Favre.

ibatiger
08-21-2006, 01:45 PM
That's just nuts. The ball was out of bounds and Wilson made a ridiculous one handed, arm-outstretched catch and landed well out of bounds. The pass was four feet off and if it would have been in bounds it was a TD.

The highlight film shot from the back of the endzone on that side clearly shows that it arched right over the defender into the receivers hands. It was impossible for the defender to contest it and any NFL starter should have had it for an easy TD without touching the sideline. I don't know what you're looking at.

ibatiger
08-21-2006, 01:47 PM
Kerr, don't forget, Green Bay had so much confidence in Nall before drafting Rodgers they brought in Tim Couch to audition to be the heir apparent to Favre.

That was three years ago. And your point is what?

justasportsfan
08-21-2006, 01:58 PM
I have nothing against Losman except that he is not as good of an NFL QB as Nall. Period. I'm basing that on observation. I don't know either of them to be able to hate them. Give me a break.how plenty is plenty? How many NFL games has Nall played? Not bashing Nall at all. I was hoping he and JP would battle it out for the no. 1 spot. But I didn't know he had just as much experience as JP on the field to formulate an opinion.

I mean not a lot is known about JP either or what he can or cannot do under the right coaches and team ,so I don't know how one can see how good or bad Nall is.

Kelly The Dog
08-21-2006, 02:34 PM
The highlight film shot from the back of the endzone on that side clearly shows that it arched right over the defender into the receivers hands. It was impossible for the defender to contest it and any NFL starter should have had it for an easy TD without touching the sideline. I don't know what you're looking at.
I watched that angle and you can't see it clearly at all from there. I saw the game. They showed it a few times. When you see the regular pass it was a little short and three feet out of bounds. It was impossible for Wilson to get his feet in. He made a miraculous catch and was well out of bounds. It wasn't a horrible pass because there was a defender there. But any good pass, deeper and inside was a TD. He didn't make a pass a WR could make a play on. It was like his game, pretty decent but not something you could call very good or remotely great. A good pass was a TD there.

Mr. Pink
08-21-2006, 03:54 PM
That was three years ago. And your point is what?

Here's the point, seeing you're stuck on NALLs jock and that's the ONLY thing you post about on here. Craig Nall is so good that in GB they had so much faith in him that EVERY year he was there they tried to find someone to be the backup and NOT HIM! He was then let go. But yeah, you're right, he's great. GB thought so highly of him they tried making him the 3rd string QB every year he was there, then didn't resign him.

He'll do great as a starter somewhere!

<sarcasm noted>

Goobylal
08-21-2006, 07:58 PM
To further drive this point home, Nall played in the NFLE and did well. In 2004, he made 2 relief appearances in games that were blowouts (a win and a loss). Yet STILL the following draft, the Packers took Aaron Rodgers in the 1st round. And that pre-season, Nall only played in 2 of the 4 pre-season games, and not well in either I might add.

Basically Nall is lucky that Holcomb sucks so bad, otherwise he'd probably be 3rd string. I'm all for making him 2nd behind JP, but he needs to show a LOT more than he has to even be CONSIDERED for the starting spot.

That's all I will say about this. It's tired and done.

YardRat
08-21-2006, 08:24 PM
he needs to show a LOT more than he has to even be CONSIDERED for the starting spot.

:roflmao: Let's give him a full 16 game season before passing judgement on him. I'm sure a full slate as starter will give him the experience necessary to improve.

:lmao:

Goobylal
08-21-2006, 09:48 PM
:roflmao: Let's give him a full 16 game season before passing judgement on him. I'm sure a full slate as starter will give him the experience necessary to improve.

:lmao:
Maybe next year, IF he can stay healthy in training camp.