X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djjimkelly
    • Apr 2003

nalls TD pass lol

yeah im very impressed by the 4th and 1 play fake vs UPS drivers to a wide open FB ricard in the flat. what a display of his arm.

all this being said im not slighting nall but CMON people lets hope for him to be 2nd string ahead of holcomb.

but at this point anyone asking or expecting this guy to be the starter here ever barring injury is either anti JP or a whiner
  • ibatiger
    Geaux Bills!
    • Mar 2006

Re: nalls TD pass lol

Originally posted by djjimkelly
    yeah im very impressed by the 4th and 1 play fake vs UPS drivers to a wide open FB ricard in the flat. what a display of his arm.

all this being said im not slighting nall but CMON people lets hope for him to be 2nd string ahead of holcomb.

but at this point anyone asking or expecting this guy to be the starter here ever barring injury is either anti JP or a whiner
    You think that is as far as Nall can throw the ball? I've got news for you. He can make any throw on the field. And the best part is he knows when to make them. Nall is simply a better NFL QB than Losman at this point in their careers. Not even close.

Comment

• ross janis
      • Mar 2006

Nall is stong enouth to play. He"l take the game the honrs
      to make big plays.

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

I wonder if the criticism would be the same if Losman scored a TD pass with 4 minutes to go vs Carolina.

What was Nall supposed to do? Not score on the drives? He did his job with what as given to him.

I don't get the point of this thread

Comment

• ross janis
          • Mar 2006

By the honrs . and make big plays

Comment

• Kelly The Dog
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ibatiger
            You think that is as far as Nall can throw the ball? I've got news for you. He can make any throw on the field. And the best part is he knows when to make them. Nall is simply a better NFL QB than Losman at this point in their careers. Not even close.
            Nall threw one ball over 20 yards and if were a good pass it would have been a TD. But it wasn't. Wilson made a circus one handed catch out of bounds. A good throw was a TD. He played a decent to pretty good game but that was it. He will probably be the back-up.

Comment

• djjimkelly
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
              I wonder if the criticism would be the same if Losman scored a TD pass with 4 minutes to go vs Carolina.

What was Nall supposed to do? Not score on the drives? He did his job with what as given to him.

I don't get the point of this thread

the point of this thread is simple NALL is not gonna be our starter im not trying to knock the guy.

i just want to end this thought some have on the board that NALL is gonna start next week or week 1 or ever unless there is some serious injury

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                • Apr 2004

So you don't even want to see what he can do in preseason with the starters? How can you be absolutely sure we have our best QB out there if one of them never really got a shot? So far, every game Nall has been in, he has been efficient. Now, it is true that it hasn't been when it really matters (2nd half preseason, garbage time, etc.) but he has been efficient. I think we should at least see if he can play as well against a starting defense.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

JP will start against Cleveland. Jauron and Co. are giving him every chance they can to step up and prove to the team he deserves to be the QB. All he has to do is not turn the ball over.

I think this staff is willing to give JP slack and suffer some of the 'growing pains', but JP has to reciprocate and show gradual improvement and not throw terrible passes for picks or put the ball on the ground.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BillsFever21
                    • Aug 2004

JP has a couple fumbles in a preseason game and his haters act like this has been an ongoing problem. He only lost 3 fumbles last season.

TO's happen. You think he's the only QB who ever lost 2 fumbles in a game before? It's not like he was doing it every game last season either.

The fumbles sucked but it's not like it's been a problem since he's been here. It happens. He played a great game besides them.

The guy threw some great passes and his haters can only point out a couple fumbles. Something that every QB in this league will do at least 1 game this season.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21
                      JP has a couple fumbles in a preseason game and his haters act like this has been an ongoing problem. He only lost 3 fumbles last season.

TO's happen. You think he's the only QB who ever lost 2 fumbles in a game before? It's not like he was doing it every game last season either.

The fumbles sucked but it's not like it's been a problem since he's been here. It happens. He played a great game besides them.

The guy threw some great passes and his haters can only point out a couple fumbles. Something that every QB in this league will do at least 1 game this season.

You cant just pick and choose when to go by last season or not. We all were told that last season's stats shouldnt matter or be counted against him because he was screwed. So we can only take what he's done this preseason and apply it to him. And he's looked good aside from the lack of consistency and his TO's in the last game. And yes call me a hater and say Im using a Wys tactic to exclude his nice stat of losing only 3 fumbles last year, but then I have free reign to use all his stats as a starter last year against him as to why he shouldnt be our starter, and they should be valid concerns.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
                        JP will start against Cleveland. Jauron and Co. are giving him every chance they can to step up and prove to the team he deserves to be the QB. All he has to do is not turn the ball over.

I think this staff is willing to give JP slack and suffer some of the 'growing pains', but JP has to reciprocate and show gradual improvement and not throw terrible passes for picks or put the ball on the ground.
                        Good post and point. I agree!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

This is a pretty dumb post. Based on what?! Nall has been injured and hasn't even played against a second string D yet. He's got the arm but the rest is pure Losman hating speculation.

Comment

• Kerr
                            Hall of Fame Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Then he should been kept in green bay instead of drafting rodgers.
                            Wasn't it Mike Sherman who was interested in drafting Losman a few years ago the same year your boy nall had just broken records in nfl europe?

Comment

• Turf
                              • Jul 2002

We haven't seen enough of Nall to draw a conclusion. In the little I have seen of him he looks level headed and consistent. He needs to play a lot next week.
                              Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

Working...
                              X