PDA

View Full Version : #2 receiver????

Scumbag College
08-19-2006, 10:06 PM
I've been watching the Cincy game on tape delay, and there is absolutely no one on this team that is good enough for the #2 WR position. Reed ran an absolutely terrible route on JPs INT AND dropped a 20 yard completion. Andre Davis dropped an easy one but made a nice play on punt coverage. Aiken is invisible as usual as offense but makes ST plays. I think Roscoe is going to be the slot receiver, but no way he can hold up as a #2.

I just think that other than Evans as the #1, and Parrish as the slot receiver, that this team is full of #5 receivers and special teamers. Who is going to be the #2? Do the Bills give up a 2007 first day draft pick for Porter from Oakland or Lelie? Check the waiver wires after teams make some cuts?

I think this is one of the biggest needs and question marks on the Bills right now.

Turf
08-19-2006, 10:19 PM
Reed should have never been signed and should be let go. He's useless.

DraftBoy
08-19-2006, 11:26 PM
Price has been good in practice but hasnt shown up in games, so I dunno...right now Im seeing;

1. Evans
2. Price
3. Parrish
4. Reed
5. Davis
6. Wilson/Aiken

PS:
Denney
Nance

Ebenezer
08-20-2006, 12:58 AM
I said it when they cut Moulds and made Evans #1 and I'll say it now...there is no #2 WR on this roster.

bills_7
08-20-2006, 01:29 AM
i think Price will be fine... Im more worried about our D

djjimkelly
08-20-2006, 01:37 AM
im not worried bout the D they truly only gave up 7 points on friday rest where mishaps by the O. i know that wasnt carson palmer out there, but neither was spikes or vincent . i think D will be just fine

clumping platelets
08-20-2006, 05:20 AM
1) Evans
2) Price
3) Parrish
4) Aiken
5) Reed
6) Davis
7) J. Smith
8) Nance
9) Denney

I agree.....this team needs a legitimate option opposite Evans but neither Porter or Lelie interest me

Night Train
08-20-2006, 06:23 AM
I watch guys like Nance and Wilson catch everything in camp and wonder why they don't get more playing time. All those guys ahead of them aren't doing much at all, except Evans.

They always say the other guys have more experience...yeah, the experience of playing average to poor.

YardRat
08-20-2006, 07:15 AM
Reed ran the route he was supposed to...JP got fooled by the D, didn't expect the safety to be there, and threw a bad pass. The drop was a drop, and JP put the ball where he had to, but it was a tough catch. Reed is a #4 receiver, #3 filling in for Parrish at best.

Price or Davis really need to step it up in the next couple of weeks to solidify the #2 position.

DraftBoy
08-20-2006, 10:16 AM
Reed ran the route he was supposed to...JP got fooled by the D, didn't expect the safety to be there, and threw a bad pass. The drop was a drop, and JP put the ball where he had to, but it was a tough catch. Reed is a #4 receiver, #3 filling in for Parrish at best.

Price or Davis really need to step it up in the next couple of weeks to solidify the #2 position.

I didnt see the route Reed ran but I dont think it would of mattered, the pass was telegraphed and the safety was making that pick the whole way and it was going to the house. Nothing could of been done except not to throw that pass.

RockStar36
08-20-2006, 10:30 AM
I can't remember who, but someone said on NFL Total Access that Reed ran the wrong route. Regardless...Price should probably be the #2. Although I feel that it would be hard to give him the job when he hasn't done anything to earn it. I don't think he has been throw to alot in the pre-season.

HHURRICANE
08-20-2006, 10:36 AM
1) Evans
2) Price
3) Parrish
4) Aiken
5) Reed
6) Davis
7) J. Smith
8) Nance
9) Denney

I agree.....this team needs a legitimate option opposite Evans but neither Porter or Lelie interest me

Trade with NE for Branch!!!

Kerr
08-20-2006, 10:59 AM

That wouldn't be a bad idea, but the only thing stopping something like that from occuring is likely branch. I don't think he wants to go somewhere else to become a #2 receiver again.

DraftBoy
08-20-2006, 11:23 AM
I can't remember who, but someone said on NFL Total Access that Reed ran the wrong route. Regardless...Price should probably be the #2. Although I feel that it would be hard to give him the job when he hasn't done anything to earn it. I don't think he has been throw to alot in the pre-season.

Im not sure that Reed running the wrong route caused the INT. The safety jumped the pass anyways, so even if Reed was in the right place, the safety would of beat him to the ball.

DraftBoy
08-20-2006, 11:23 AM

Id love to but no way NE moves him to us

shelby
08-20-2006, 11:37 AM
What's wrong with Price?:scratch:

Dozerdog
08-20-2006, 11:50 AM
#2 guy should be our best blocking WR- we should be running a hell of a lot more anyway. With our QB situatioin, we should be 60-40 running/passing ratio at the minimum.

YardRat
08-20-2006, 11:52 AM
#2 guy should be our best blocking WR- we should be running a hell of a lot more anyway. With our QB situatioin, we should be 60-40 running/passing ratio at the minimum.

That would be Josh Reed, then.