• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmb1099
    • Sep 2004

Bills QB

A couple of thoughts:
    I want Nall and Holcomb to be successful and I'm having a hard time understanding why anyone would want either one to fail. We need them for injury sake, we need them for sideline management, we need them for the team to be successful. Personally I want Losman to be more successful and up to this point he has been, but anyone that wants our qb depth chart to suck just isn't thinking of the bigger picture which is the success of this team.

Losman: This will sound ridiculous but aside for the turnovers did very well. I think there were three scoring drives under his leadership (pass, run, fg). The fumbles will be worked on and haven't been a problem in the past. The interception was a poor play, everyone has those. What spoke volumes to me was the way he marched the team up the field after the int. I am excited for this week to see what they have worked on.

nall: Looked good for a guy who hasn't played or practiced in weeks. I bet he continues to improve and proves to be a decent qb.

Holcomb: Third and long and he tosses a three yard out. He has very little confidence in his arm at this point. I believe he is number three and potentially the odd man out.
  • billsburgh
    • Jul 2003

Re: Bills QB

agree with everything you say.

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

We need good backups. If Losman gets carted off the field, ya gonna boo the backups who come in?

Comment

• jmb1099
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Dozerdog
        We need good backups. If Losman gets carted off the field, ya gonna boo the backups who come in?
        I agree, our back ups need to be successful for the team to be successful. If they make the team than cheer and root them on, if they get cut or traded, than that's a whole new ball game.

Comment

• billsburgh
          • Jul 2003

I dont see why everyone has to pick sides in this qb debate and spew such hatred and venom towards the other qb. they're still Buffalo Bills and the team may depend on them at some point in the season.

Comment

• djjimkelly
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by jmb1099
            A couple of thoughts:
            I want Nall and Holcomb to be successful and I'm having a hard time understanding why anyone would want either one to fail. We need them for injury sake, we need them for sideline management, we need them for the team to be successful. Personally I want Losman to be more successful and up to this point he has been, but anyone that wants our qb depth chart to suck just isn't thinking of the bigger picture which is the success of this team.

Losman: This will sound ridiculous but aside for the turnovers did very well. I think there were three scoring drives under his leadership (pass, run, fg). The fumbles will be worked on and haven't been a problem in the past. The interception was a poor play, everyone has those. What spoke volumes to me was the way he marched the team up the field after the int. I am excited for this week to see what they have worked on.

nall: Looked good for a guy who hasn't played or practiced in weeks. I bet he continues to improve and proves to be a decent qb.

Holcomb: Third and long and he tosses a three yard out. He has very little confidence in his arm at this point. I believe he is number three and potentially the odd man out.

i agree 100% but lets get behind our starter at this point JP is the franchise whether people like it or not. i do like to think the kid is a star in the making maybe not this year but he is definately gonna be the qb that leads us back to the playoffs!!!!

as for nall i wish him luck to win that #2 job becuz i see absolutely no sense in having a 33 year old journey man as the backup on a young team that is trying to figure out what they are

Comment

• djjimkelly
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by billsburgh
              I dont see why everyone has to pick sides in this qb debate and spew such hatred and venom towards the other qb. they're still Buffalo Bills and the team may depend on them at some point in the season.

i agree bro but lets call it like it is nall is backup qb in this league. and its fine by me that he is our new man for the #2 job and if JP gets hurt ill support him 100% till JP comes back. as for holcomb im sorry that guy is dead to me

Comment

• billsburgh
                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by djjimkelly
                i agree bro but lets call it like it is nall is backup qb in this league. and its fine by me that he is our new man for the #2 job and if JP gets hurt ill support him 100% till JP comes back. as for holcomb im sorry that guy is dead to me
                I thought that I read somewhere last night that Holcomb was booed as soon as he entered the game. I agree that he's not the answer for the team at this point, but it's no reason to boo someone who has done nothing but work hard since he's been here. he may not be the most talented qb on the team, but he's still a Bill at this point.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Until the team has someone cemented in the starting role that's earned it and is successful on the field, the squabbling will live.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

See here is the deal, holcomb is a locker room lawyer that doesn't realise he is a backup. He does what he can in the locker room to cause a split. After DJ names JP the starter I hope nall backups and they cut holcomb and get him out of that locker room.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                      See here is the deal, holcomb is a locker room lawyer that doesn't realise he is a backup. He does what he can in the locker room to cause a split. After DJ names JP the starter I hope nall backups and they cut holcomb and get him out of that locker room.
                      Do you have ANYTHING to back up the statement that he's a locker room lawyer?

The vets like Moulds wanted him in after back to back 75 yard games last season. Games the Bills should have won.

More made up Ice crap. Nice fairy tale

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

Bills fans have a history of booing QB's. Watching fans boo RJ and cheer for his injuries was disgusting as well.
                        Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                          Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                          • Mar 2003

I thought that I read somewhere last night that Holcomb was booed as soon as he entered the game. I agree that he's not the answer for the team at this point, but it's no reason to boo someone who has done nothing but work hard since he's been here. he may not be the most talented qb on the team, but he's still a Bill at this point.
                          Great post. While he should not be the starter, he probably is still one of the most capable backups out there. If JP got injured, i wouldn't mind him playing one or two games. Personally, I think he's gotten the short end of the stick here in Buffalo.
                          "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                          -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                          X