PDA

View Full Version : The Bills are a better team!!

HHURRICANE
08-20-2006, 10:04 AM
The Bills are going to be a better team this year. Period. For the first time in a long time the Bills showed some ability on offense. The play calling is going to be better. The OL is slightly better. We have TE's. We have some long ball ability which will allow McGahee to make some big runs.

The Defensive schemes look good. I think we are going to have some growing pains in the secondary. Maybe Clements can wake up back there. We should have better tackling and penetration against the run.

Here's something to get excited about. The Patriots, without Deion Branch, are going to put Brady in a much tougher spot this year. Corey Dillon is definatley past his prime and you know your D has some holes when you resign Junior Seau. The Bills could win this game. Some of it's a gut feeling because I know Brady is not happy about the Deion Branch situation and it reminds me of the Lawyer Milloy scenario a few years ago. But I don't think anybody should be putting an L next to our season opener.

PcA125
08-20-2006, 10:13 AM
The increased production of our offence will also help the defence by keeping them off the field (duh) This being said, i agree that we will be an improved team, but I dont like how we start the season off with teh pats.

RockStar36
08-20-2006, 10:38 AM
Deion Branch will hurt that offense, but don't count out their running game. Just because Dillon is old, don't count out Maroney. That guy is going to be a badass. I watched him in college and wasn't pleased when I saw NE draft him.

!Papacrunk!
08-20-2006, 10:48 AM
Did you see the Pats/Brady's production in their last exibition game? They look far from looking hurt.

ShadowHawk7
08-20-2006, 10:52 AM
Maybe
:birds:

more cowbell
08-20-2006, 12:05 PM
never count out the patriots. i HATE the patriots but i think we should all know by now never count out the patriots unless tom brady retires today. And theyd probally still be contenders because bellichek would turn martin gramatica into a star QB

Philagape
08-20-2006, 03:43 PM
It's not likely we'll win, but it's not a foregone conclusion we'll lose either. Willis needs a monster game to control the clock, because that's what they'll try to do. With their depleted receivers, we can let our safeties help the LBs watch their TEs and backfield. Fletcher and Vincent will need to play a good chess game and direct traffic, because the Pats will try to exploit Whitner and Crowell. A pass rush would be nice too, and Dillon isn't too old to pound it against our revamped D-line. It'll be tough.

Mr. Cynical
08-20-2006, 05:05 PM
The Bills are going to be a better team this year.

I agree, although that's not exactly a stretch prediction given how much we completely sucked chocolate salty balls last year.

Goobylal
08-20-2006, 05:40 PM
Did you see the Pats/Brady's production in their last exibition game? They look far from looking hurt.
The Pats scored a grand total of 6 points against a bad Cardinals starting defense. Not good.

YardRat
08-20-2006, 07:29 PM
Maroney's going to be a stud, and the Pats have been laughed at before for bringing in an aging vet to shore up their defense (Harrison).

I wouldn't automatically mark an L next to that game, but I wouldn't put down a W at this point either.

bills_7
08-20-2006, 10:09 PM
We have less pressure this year i think.. everyone thinks we will fail.. so hopefully this team can use that and turn some heads around the league

TigerJ
08-20-2006, 10:13 PM
I am not predicting the NE results until later. Overall, I think the Bills have more talent than the pundits have given them credit for. The key to wins early in the season is going to be how quickly young players can get on board and how disciplined the whole team will be in avoiding mistakes and penalties.

K-Gun12
08-20-2006, 10:25 PM
The Bills may be better than last year simply b/c of thier additions. Donte Nicholson and McCargo may have drafted earlier than most would have thought...but they still have huge upside and I really think Nicholson can step in and start.

Tripplett will help a pass rush that was hurt with the loss of "Fat Pat" last year. Andre' Davis can make some plays and I expect great things from him. Last but not least, Royal, Fowler, and Reyes are all solid vets who will help get that O-Line in check.

As for NE, Branch's holdout hurts but NE under belichek has always done a great job at spreading the ball around. They have 2 great pass-catching TE's and dont think Brady wont make a Rece Caldwell look good. He certainly got the ball to David Givens and David Patten enough to get them paid after they left the team. Maroney is also going to be the Stephen Jackson of the AFC East.

Week 1 will be tough but as long as NE has Belichek calling the plays, Brady throwing the balls, and Harrison on the D.....they will be okay.

Goobylal
08-20-2006, 10:33 PM
Nicholson?

As for NE, Brady can't make EVERYONE look good. The Pats missed with guys like Donald Hayes, Bethel Johnson, Andre Davis, David Terrell, and JJ stokes. Caldwell has done nothing in the NFL and little so far in pre-season. And 4 mostly slow TE's can't replace WR's. But where NE will be hurt more is on defense and ST's, where they've lost a lot of people, and good ones at that. Without a great defense and ST's, they're a shell of their former SB-winning selves.

K-Gun12
08-20-2006, 10:53 PM
But where NE will be hurt more is on defense and ST's, where they've lost a lot of people, and good ones at that. Without a great defense and ST's, they're a shell of their former SB-winning selves.

Lost who? They lost Willie McGinest, Tom Ashworth, and David Givens.

McGinest still has some fight left in him but only for another year or 2. There's still Vrabel, Colvin, Chad Brown, and maybe/maybe not a healthy Bruschi.

Ashworth didnt start nor finish the season as a starter.

Givens posted 773 yards and 2 tds last season. If Reche Caldwell cant make that up then Chad Jackson definitely will.

Their Defense will stay consistent with Rodney Harrison returning and the development of the younger guys in their secondary. Asante Samuel is becoming one of the better, more physical corners in the leage and Eugene Wilson is one of the most under-rated FS's.

Their ST still consist of Monty Biesel and Larry Izzo...2 of the best and they have 10 draft picks to work with.

I want to beat NE just as much as any Bills fan, but reality check....they still are the team to beat in the AFC East and will be for the entire season. They are alot better than alot of us are giving them credit for.