• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

So JP didn't play a flawless game

He probably didn't do enough to get the job, but considering they lost a game that didn't really matter, I can live with an int and 2 fumbles.

Even starting qb's throw ints, but what stuck out from jp was after the int, he came back and threw for a TD. It was important than he was able to come back and he didn't lose it mentally.

As far as the fumbles are concerned, I wouldn't feel so bad knowing we have the king of qb fumbles in our own division-culpepper.

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: So JP didn't play a flawless game

3 TO's in limited playing time is disturbing. This team cannot afford to beat itself, and TO's are the best way to do that.

Yeah, everyone has bad games, but I have to wonder why everyone gets so excited about a good preseason performance against Carolina, then completely dismisses a bad preseason performance against Cincy because "it's only preseason."

They way I see it, JP has looked terrible against other teams' starting D's and that's very disturbing, preseason or not.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Meathead
      Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
      • Jul 2002

fumble problems are usually easy to correct once attention is paid to it

consistently hitting long balls is much harder to teach
      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• shelby
        The Vanilla *****
        • Jul 2002

He is gaining more poise in the pocket. He is improving, although he has a lot of work to do yet.
        You have to remember that, until last week, he was splitting reps in practice with Holcomb. Give the kid time. It's his make-or-break season, and you'd better believe he knows that.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

It completely frustrates me that it's always one step forward- two steps backwards with JP.

He does some really good things against Carolina to make me think he might finally be getting it, then he follows it up by looking just like he did against Atlanta and TB early last season. Dammit.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

Only the coaches and JP and Reed know what happened on that pick. I watched the replay on tape this morning and Josh looked confused ...like he didn't know which way to make his cut Not saying it was Josh's fault but interceptions are rarely all the fault of the QB
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Risin
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
              3 TO's in limited playing time is disturbing. This team cannot afford to beat itself, and TO's are the best way to do that.

Yeah, everyone has bad games, but I have to wonder why everyone gets so excited about a good preseason performance against Carolina, then completely dismisses a bad preseason performance against Cincy because "it's only preseason."

They way I see it, JP has looked terrible against other teams' starting D's and that's very disturbing, preseason or not.

I wouldn't call how he played Friday terrible.

People not being able to see he has improved, is what is disturbing to me.

Rome wasn't built in a day, and if 2 fumbles are what has everybody up in arms, I'm happy. He has shown zero problems with this in the past, so I'd say it was an aberration, not a trend.

The INT has been discussed ad nauseum, so I'm not even going to go there.

The one thing I watched for was how he'd bounce back after a bad play. Last season it seemed he'd go into the tank, never to be found again. On Friday he came back and atoned for his mistake, which was very encouraging.

Try not to disect every play, and look at things rationally.

There were some things to be positive about.

:)

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by The_Philster
                Only the coaches and JP and Reed know what happened on that pick. I watched the replay on tape this morning and Josh looked confused ...like he didn't know which way to make his cut Not saying it was Josh's fault but interceptions are rarely all the fault of the QB
                Both JP and Jauron commented in their post game interviews that it was JP's fault. I haven't heard anything from Reed.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

The one thing I watched for was how he'd bounce back after a bad play. Last season it seemed he'd go into the tank, never to be found again. On Friday he came back and atoned for his mistake, which was very encouraging.
                  Agreed.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

Ok...thanks,...I hadn't heard that
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Meathead
                      Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                      • Jul 2002

im really not concerned with that one pick. young qbs are usually int machines and jp did pretty well at that even last season so i would expect him to be even better at avoiding them this year

if you recall, jimbo was throwing too many picks when he first got here, and that was after playing so well in the usfl. but you will also recall that tossing a pick seemed to make jimbo play even better. if theres one thing i loved about jp friday was every time he made a mistake he seemed to come back stronger. you just cant teach that kind of swagger and to show it now is a great sign

also, considering he hovered around 50% most of last season im thrilled that so far hes up in the 60s. if that holds during the reg season he will be more than adequate as a starter, and if he can do both that and keep completing the long balls he could be a huge surprise

if
                      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Goobylal
                        • Jan 2004

It's also been mentioned that JP is NOT scrambling. I think once he adds that back into his arsenal, he'll be a MUCH better player.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                          Next Question!
                          • Nov 2004

Listen up, here is the bottom line.....

4-12 or 5-11, brace for it.

Jon

Comment

• Goobylal
                            • Jan 2004

No way the Bills will be worse than last year. They will AT LEAST be 6-10 if for no other reason than their schedule is better/the AFC East is getting worse. Beyond that I think their defense will be MUCH improved, ST's will still be killer, and the running game will work a lot better.

Comment

• feelthepain
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Goobylal
                              No way the Bills will be worse than last year. They will AT LEAST be 6-10 if for no other reason than their schedule is better/the AFC East is getting worse. Beyond that I think their defense will be MUCH improved, ST's will still be killer, and the running game will work a lot better.

How is the AFC getting worse??? You're Saying the Bills will be better then last year. Do you think the Pats and Fins will be worse??

Comment

Working...
                              X