PDA

View Full Version : How are your 2006 draft picks working out so far in the preseason?

BillsFever21
08-20-2006, 11:45 AM
It's early but so far most of mine is doing pretty decent.

Brick and Davin Joseph are both gonna be starters on their teams this year. Hopefully both come along quick.

Mathias Kiwanuka has 2 sacks and a FF in 2 preseason games so far. The Giants said they're gonna rotate him with Strahan this season to prolong the career of Strahan by not overusing him at his age. Kiwi could possible give me 5 sacks as a rookie with the snaps he will see. More then I expected out of him.

Abdul Hodge is 2nd string behind Barnett. Hasn't done much in preseason as of yet. He's gonna be a couple year project. There's talk that if he excels that Green Bay may want to move Barnett to OLB and move Hodge to ILB.

Bernard Pollard is currently the backup but he is penciled in to be the starter probably next year. He has 7 tackles in his first 2 preseason games.

James Anderson is a backup. Don't expect much out of him for at least a couple years. Hopefully he will be depth. God knows I need depth and starters at LB. My weak LB's are gonna kill my defense this season.

The rest of them are gonna be backups this season and hasn't done much in the preseason. I don't even know if Chris Gocong has seen any action and he's a 3rd round pick for Philly. He hasn't recorded a tackle yet.

Parys Harlson and Ray Edwards hasn't done much yet on their teams and has a couple tackles each. Edwards also has a sack.

With Brick and Joseph both starting this year and Kiwi seeing more action then expected I'm happy with my draft so far. And with Pollard 2nd string and playing good so far in preseason I have some optimism for him.

I'm hoping on Brick, Joseph and Kiwi all being a 6 next season. If they can at least do that and improve over the future years after that my team will be in good shape.

I will obviously have another Top 5 draft pick with the way my defense will be this year hopefully I can stock up on some more talent. I will acquire even more picks next season when I trade away a couple stars that isn't in my future plans but could help a contender get over the hump. I should have many picks in the first 3 rounds next year.

I still have a lot of holes though. I still need a Center if Scott Wells doesn't excel in GB as the starter to finish my OL off and that's with banking on Brick and Joseph panning out. And even if they do my depth is terrible and still need some of that on the OL.

The only good LB I currently have is Kirk Morrison. I still need another impact LB and another decent one to go along with him. I don't think any of the LB's I got last season will make any impacts in the next couple years or so.

I need another starting CB and depth in the defensive backfield also.

I have some good starters but I don't have any depth anywhere outside of my WR's. The depth on my team is awful. With a couple more good draft and FA signings my team is well on it's way though.

ryjam282
08-20-2006, 11:17 PM
Well mine are doing decent as well.

Laurence Maroney is tearing it up in NE thus far as my first round pick.

Jeremy Trueblood has been starting in Tampa Bay and appears to have the starting job locked...Time will tell.

Joe Toledo isn't playing a whole lot thus far in Miami cause of an injury but Bennie Anderson is playing his fat butt out of the #1 spot and things I have read from there camp reports is that Toledo should be the starter when he returns to 100% as Anderson is terrible and McKinnie is falt out old and can't stay healthy at all.

Victor Adeyanju has been looking good in St. Louis and since they run a purely rotational DE scheme he has been doing alright and that is all I can hope for.

Kyle Williams has been doing EXCELLENTY in Buffalo and appears to have moved his way to the #1 spot at DT over Tim Anderson. He could pan out to be the biggest steal of the entire draft as an 8th round selection.....

Overall, I am happy with how things are looking thus far but it is just too early to be doing any kind of bragging, plus my team plain stinks so.....

SABURZFAN
08-21-2006, 03:28 AM
:idunno:

BillsFever21
08-21-2006, 08:21 AM
Well mine are doing decent as well.

Laurence Maroney is tearing it up in NE thus far as my first round pick.

Jeremy Trueblood has been starting in Tampa Bay and appears to have the starting job locked...Time will tell.

Joe Toledo isn't playing a whole lot thus far in Miami cause of an injury but Bennie Anderson is playing his fat butt out of the #1 spot and things I have read from there camp reports is that Toledo should be the starter when he returns to 100% as Anderson is terrible and McKinnie is falt out old and can't stay healthy at all.

Victor Adeyanju has been looking good in St. Louis and since they run a purely rotational DE scheme he has been doing alright and that is all I can hope for.

Kyle Williams has been doing EXCELLENTY in Buffalo and appears to have moved his way to the #1 spot at DT over Tim Anderson. He could pan out to be the biggest steal of the entire draft as an 8th round selection.....

Overall, I am happy with how things are looking thus far but it is just too early to be doing any kind of bragging, plus my team plain stinks so.....

Your draft last year was freaking awesome with Merriman, Tatupa and others.

Maroney will be a great player for you. I wish I had somebody like him. I don't think Jamal Lewis will pan out but it was worth the chance. Even if he does come back and be a decent RB this season he will still count 5+ million on the cap which is pretty high for a RB.

You will have a great RB at a very cheap price.

The King
08-21-2006, 08:48 AM
Greg Jennings had an awesome weekend 3RECs for 115YRDS and 1TD he absolutely torched Jimmy Williams who was also one of my picks.

D'qwell Jackson may even start for Cleveland this year which would be a bit of a suprise.

ryjam282
08-21-2006, 12:38 PM
Your draft last year was freaking awesome with Merriman, Tatupa and others.

Maroney will be a great player for you. I wish I had somebody like him. I don't think Jamal Lewis will pan out but it was worth the chance. Even if he does come back and be a decent RB this season he will still count 5+ million on the cap which is pretty high for a RB.

You will have a great RB at a very cheap price.

Thanks a lot, yeah, my draft last year was a big hit. Having Merriman allowed me to cut TKO and getting Tatupu in the 5th round allowed me to trade James Farrior and his big contract. Matt Jones is a nice deep threat in the making. And, Khalif Barnes is a starting LT that will replace Marvel Smith in the very near future.

Maroney looks to be a star in the making and with Edge I am able to wait a few years for him to come around. I also picked up Chris Perry in the FA draft this year and I hope he can continue to produce with the time he gets in Cincy as well.

I am most happy about Kyle Williams, my 8th rounder, and it appears he is the starter for the Bills this year and I love paying 100,000 to a starting caliber DT...Time will tell though.