PDA

View Full Version : After we get this new system down...

im4bflo
08-20-2006, 09:37 PM
We were moving the ball very well, we just were our own worst enemy with stupid mistakes and turnovers, caused by mental mistakes.
I BILLieve the problems will slowly disappear, especially when our starters are in for full games, and grasp this new offense.
2nd PREseason game is no time to panic, what do you think???

Drive 4 Five
08-20-2006, 10:54 PM
Absolutely. These things take time. How do people not get that? When you change entire coaching staffs and QB's like every couple of years, it is going to be difficult to have success on either side of the ball.

OpIv37
08-21-2006, 08:08 AM
I think 4 TO's by the starting offense in limited playing time- 2 going for TD's- is time to panic no matter when it happens.

Drive 4 Five
08-21-2006, 08:38 AM
Well Op, no offense, that I can think of, ever started off with they type of precision you're expecting. We knew this was going to happen. Now if by mid-season they are still playing sloppy like this, then I'd say it is time to worry.

OpIv37
08-21-2006, 08:46 AM
Well Op, no offense, that I can think of, ever started off with they type of precision you're expecting. We knew this was going to happen. Now if by mid-season they are still playing sloppy like this, then I'd say it is time to worry.

you're confusing mental mistakes with precision. A receiver turning too late on a quick out, a QB throwing to the wrong route- those are the types of precision mistakes that get corrected with practice. But you can't even begin to work on those things until you're over the stupid BIG mistakes like fumbles and interceptions. There's a difference between being rusty from the off-season and being just plain horrible. 4 TO's by the starting O is just plain horrible.

justasportsfan
08-21-2006, 08:51 AM
time to panic no matter when it happens.
you're confusing mental mistakes with precision. A receiver turning too late on a quick out, a QB throwing to the wrong route- those are the types of precision mistakes that get corrected with practice. But you can't even begin to work on those things until you're over the stupid BIG mistakes like fumbles and interceptions. There's a difference between being rusty from the off-season and being just plain horrible. 4 TO's by the starting O is just plain horrible.
Most teams that have had a starting qb all offseason have had majority of the snaps w/ the first unit at camp and preseason. Jp on the other hand has been sharing snaps because of competition. There's competition is almost every position in this team especially the offense. Other than Evans everyone is getting partial snaps w/ different players whether it's OL or TE, or qb. You are not going to gain chemistry easily that way.

Because of that , we are behind the 8 ball. Other teams are going to be ahead of us but it doesn't mean we can't catch up eventually. Again, I'll wait and see and so far it's looking good IMO. You want your team to make those stupid mistakes that are easily corrected in preseaon and not regular games. I'm glad JP fumbled badly and threw an INT.

It's not like JP has had the tendency to fumble his entire career unlike Culpppeper who fumbled again.. Fairchild was also the one responsible for fixing Henry's fumblitis. What worries me is that JP does have the tendency to throw an INT but again , that could be because of lack of practice with the first unit in a new system. I don't know, we'll have to wait and see again.

Remeber , Marv's preseason games were horrible to watch. Unlike the past he had his team line up ready the entire preseason. We're still auditioning. Nothing to panic about.

Drive 4 Five
08-21-2006, 08:58 AM
I agree Op but they will get better. All those things you just mentioned? Guess what? They can be corrected. I would guess that those turnovers were likely the result of a lack of concentration and young players trying too hard to make big plays. These kids want to win as badly as we want them to. Eventually they are going top get it together. I hope.

Jan Reimers
08-21-2006, 09:03 AM
At the moment, I'm more worried about our vaunted secondary - which has really sucked against the pass these first two games - than mistakes on offense.

I think it will take some time for JP to settle in and the O to get in sync, but what the heck gives with our pass defense?

OpIv37
08-21-2006, 09:12 AM
Most teams that have had a starting qb all offseason have had majority of the snaps w/ the first unit at camp and preseason. Jp on the other hand has been sharing snaps because of competition. There's competition is almost every position in this team especially the offense. Other than Evans everyone is getting partial snaps w/ different players whether it's OL or TE, or qb. You are not going to gain chemistry easily that way.

Because of that , we are behind the 8 ball. Other teams are going to be ahead of us but it doesn't mean we can't catch up eventually. Again, I'll wait and see and so far it's looking good IMO. You want your team to make those stupid mistakes that are easily corrected in preseaon and not regular games. I'm glad JP fumbled badly and threw an INT.

It's not like JP has had the tendency to fumble his entire career unlike Culpppeper who fumbled again.. Fairchild was also the one responsible for fixing Henry's fumblitis. What worries me is that JP does have the tendency to throw an INT but again , that could be because of lack of practice with the first unit in a new system. I don't know, we'll have to wait and see again.

Remeber , Marv's preseason games were horrible to watch. Unlike the past he had his team line up ready the entire preseason. We're still auditioning. Nothing to panic about.

The guy turns the ball over 3 times and you're glad? That's just unbelievable. Do you ever hold players accountable for their performance? "It's not JP's fault he fumbled- it's because he didn't have enough reps with the starting team". Please.

You seem like the kind of person who could lose 6 family members and all your possessions in a house fire, and when the TV reporter interviews about it, you'll say "well I still have my health".

Drive 4 Five
08-21-2006, 09:17 AM
Man you guys aren't going to start again are you? You two have begun to surpass Pat and ICE's infamous arguing. As soon as OpIv posts anything, there is Justa ready to pounce. No disrespect fellas but when you take over entire threads with your constant arguing, it does get a little tiresome.

Drive 4 Five
08-21-2006, 09:18 AM
I like you both but damn...

justasportsfan
08-21-2006, 09:28 AM
The guy turns the ball over 3 times and you're glad? That's just unbelievable. Yes, you fix what is broken. How will you know what's broken if it doesn't happen? Remember how Henry kept fumbling in regular games?I wished he started fumbling in preseason so it would've been fixed then. You want your players to make those mistakes in PRESEASON GAMES? Whatever mental breakdowns, bad habits or anything negative should come out in preseason so it can be addressed before it's too late. If you can't comprehend that, you're beyond help just like your opinions on the Posey thread.

Do you ever hold players accountable for their performance? "It's not JP's fault he fumbled- it's because he didn't have enough reps with the starting team". Please.".
Yes, I hold players accountable which is why I addressed JP's tnedency to throw INT's which worries me? Did you read that part? He has never had the tendency to fumble balls unlike Holcomb last year. It's his INT's that worry me.

You make mistakes, you go back and fix it. I'm glad they happened in preseason.

You seem like the kind of person who could lose 6 family members and all your possessions in a house fire, and when the TV reporter interviews about it, you'll say "well I still have my health Stop making stupid posts. . You're the one who told me not to compare a football game to real life situations. In preseason sports, you have second and third chances to fix mistakes. You can work on them . That's just a dumba$$ statement. Preseason is like practice, DUH.

OpIv37
08-21-2006, 09:33 AM
Yes, you fix what is broken. How will you know what's broken if it doesn't happen? Remember how Henry kept fumbling in regular games?I wished he started fumbling in preseason so it would've been fixed then. You want you players to make those mistakes in PRESEASON GAMES?

Yes, I hold players accountable which is why I addressed JP's tnedency to throw INT's which worries me? Did you read that part? He has never had the tendency to fumble balls unlike Holcomb last year. It's his INT's that worry me.

You make mistakes, you go back and fix it. I'm glad they happened in preseason.

Stop making stupid posts. . You're the one who told me not to compare a football game to real life situations. In preseason sports, you have second and third chances to fix mistakes. You can work on them . That's just a dumba$$ statement. Preseason is like practice, DUH.

wouldn't it be better if it WASN'T broken? Seriously, it's not asking too much to want an NFL QB who DOESN'T fumble. Before this game, no one thought fumbling was a problem for JP. Now, it's one more thing for him to work on along with all the other stuff, now that he's finally getting enough first team reps.

I guess you could make the argument that it's better it happened now when there's still time to fix it, but I'd personally rather see preseason games being used to fix problems/fine tune rather than discovering new problems that still need to be fixed. After 3 weeks of camp we should be past that point.

justasportsfan
08-21-2006, 09:35 AM
Man you guys aren't going to start again are you? You two have begun to surpass Pat and ICE's infamous arguing. As soon as OpIv posts anything, there is Justa ready to pounce. No disrespect fellas but when you take over entire threads with your constant arguing, it does get a little tiresome.
It was a football opinion on my part. I wasn't pouncing on him. If anyone said it's time to panic I would've addressed it regardless of who was posting. He then assumes how I would react if members of my family died. :snicker: That was just stupid.

Don't worry .Won't take over the thread. :D.

justasportsfan
08-21-2006, 09:39 AM
wouldn't it be better if it WASN'T broken? Seriously, it's not asking too much to want an NFL QB who DOESN'T fumble. Before this game, no one thought fumbling was a problem for JP. Now, it's one more thing for him to work on along with all the other stuff, now that he's finally getting enough first team reps.

I guess you could make the argument that it's better it happened now when there's still time to fix it, but I'd personally rather see preseason games being used to fix problems/fine tune rather than discovering new problems that still need to be fixed. After 3 weeks of camp we should be past that point.

OP, this team is rebuilding. Teams in rebuild mode will always have mistakes until the final rosters is intact . PLayers have a different way of interpreting a newly installed O. Not everyone will be on the same page in just one offseason. One player will run this way and the qb will go the other.

OpIv37
08-21-2006, 09:39 AM
Stop making stupid posts. . You're the one who told me not to compare a football game to real life situations.

and you're right about this- I shouldn't assume your views on football are your views on life.

I just find it so hard to comprehend your ability to always find a piece of chocolate in a giant pile of **** (and then ignore the fact that the chocolate still tastes like ****).

justasportsfan
08-21-2006, 09:40 AM

OP, this team is rebuilding. Mistakes happen all the time. Fumbling the ball was one of them. He hasn't had a lot of those problems. Easily fixed.

justasportsfan
08-21-2006, 09:42 AM
I just find it so hard to comprehend your ability to always find a piece of chocolate in a giant pile of **** (and then ignore the fact that the chocolate still tastes like ****).
because it's preseason. Not regular games and didn't cost us anything.

It was a valuable lesson learned by JP. How will you learn if you don't make mistakes? I'm willing to bet JP doesn't fumble the ball twice in the next prseason game just to prove my point that he will be more aware of his mistake. Are you in?

OpIv37
08-21-2006, 09:47 AM
because it's preseason. Not regular games and didn't cost us anything.

It was a valuable lesson learned by JP. How will you learn if you don't make mistakes? I'm willing to bet JP doesn't fumble the ball twice in the next prseason game just to prove my point that he will be more aware of his mistake. Are you in?

ZB's or real money? I'm a little short on real money after an entire summer of home repair and 2 emergency trips out of town.

justasportsfan
08-21-2006, 09:52 AM
ZB's or real money? I'm a little short on real money after an entire summer of home repair and 2 emergency trips out of town.

Sig bet? Loser has to have the sig that the winner chooses, The entire season. Game?

Bet is, he doesn't fumble 2 times next game. :D.

OpIv37
08-21-2006, 09:54 AM
Sig bet? Loser has to have the sig that the winner chooses, The entire season. Game?

Bet is, he doesn't fumble 2 times next game. :D.

damn, this seems like another rigged bet- he might only play two series, and he doesn't really have a history of fumbling...

but I'll take it anyway. 0-1 fumbles, you win, 2+ fumbles I win, and it doesn't matter which team recovers. Deal?

justasportsfan
08-21-2006, 10:06 AM
and he doesn't really have a history of fumbling... that was my point which is why I pretty much implied it's too soon to panic about the fumbling but agreed with the INt.

but I'll take it anyway. 0-1 fumbles, you win, 2+ fumbles I win, and it doesn't matter which team recovers. Deal? deal :respect:

The last buffalo fan
08-21-2006, 10:06 AM

:bf1: :up:

im4bflo
08-21-2006, 07:41 PM
We've played the Panthers and Bengals, two very good upcoming teams.
Now it's the Browns, if we don't look a lot better against these guys, then I'll start to worry a little. But with the new system, and the stupid QB battle-athon, as we go, we seem to be getting better, we're still jelling.
This, and the next game, will really show where we're at, I think!
GO BILLS!!!