PDA

View Full Version : Kilgore get's it!

HHURRICANE
08-21-2006, 08:23 AM
http://www.wgrz.com/sports/sports_article.aspx?storyid=40610

Losman is the starting qb, period, and will play the majority of the season unless he’s hurt, in my opinion, because he give the Bills by far their best big play ability.

The fumbles hurt in a pre season game, but the positives we saw, when put in perspective, far outweigh the turnovers.

Losman completed 7 of 11 passes. He needs badly to improve his completion percentage this season and that’s a great start.

The bomb he threw to Evans was not luck. He’s done it many times in practice, and easily throws as good a deep ball as just about anybody – yep, I said ANYBODY – out there, when given time.

J.P. also has that occasional lapse in concentration when he suddenly badly overthrows or under throws a receiver, but that is also correctable.

Drive 4 Five
08-21-2006, 08:47 AM
Regardless of who does or doesn't "get it" J.P. Losman will be the starter when the Bills take the field against the Patriots this September. So they will just have to get over it. One can only hope that there will be no musical QB's when he struggles, because J.P. is going to struggle. That would be the worst thing that could happen. We've seen this posted countless times but I don't mind saying it again. The only solution for Losman's problems is game experience. This entire offense must grow together. It is going to take some time.

ICE74129
08-21-2006, 08:54 AM
If you want to know why JP is so messed up, look at Jay Cuttler. Who is Jay's HC? Do you see Shanahan jerking this kid around? No, and look at how well he looks.

Only JP at this stage of his career is looking this bad. Is because the kid got yanked around by the previous staff BADLY. The kid has no confidence at all. Confidence is what a QB needs more than anything. If he has faith in his coaches and no fear of getting pulled.

If they start him and don't stand behind him, he is going to be ruined and this team is set back even further

justasportsfan
08-21-2006, 08:59 AM
The bomb he threw to Evans was not luck. He’s done it many times in practice, .
:up: and the more snaps he gets with Evans , hopefully it turns into a habit.

tampabay25690
08-21-2006, 09:02 AM
If you want to know why JP is so messed up, look at Jay Cuttler. Who is Jay's HC? Do you see Shanahan jerking this kid around? No, and look at how well he looks.

Only JP at this stage of his career is looking this bad. Is because the kid got yanked around by the previous staff BADLY. The kid has no confidence at all. Confidence is what a QB needs more than anything. If he has faith in his coaches and no fear of getting pulled.

If they start him and don't stand behind him, he is going to be ruined and this team is set back even further

Yea but look at the system Denver runs most QB's can succeed in that sysytem and thats the truth just as a running back there.........Its very friendly...

TacklingDummy
08-21-2006, 09:07 AM
J.P. also has that occasional lapse in concentration when he suddenly badly overthrows or under throws a receiver, but that is also correctable.

I never understood this excuse. Why do people come up with excuses for bad throw's, why can't they just be bad throws? No one's perfect. It seems every bad throw Losman has someone comes up with a excuse for, not enough time, wasn't concentrating, receiver ran the wrong route, it was raining out, etc...

Drive 4 Five
08-21-2006, 09:08 AM

The other thing too ICE, is that I suspect Denver's 2nd string OL may be better than our starting unit. Let's see how well Cutler performs when defenders are breaching his guard in waves. Losman is running for his life out there. Now I am not going to make excuses for J.P. because he can offset some of that as he learns to read defenses and make decisions at the line of scrimmage, something that can only take place with time and practice. But truth be told, our OL is average at best.

Drive 4 Five
08-21-2006, 09:12 AM
I never understood this excuse. Why do people come up with excuses for bad throw's, why can't they just be bad throws? No one's perfect. It seems every bad throw Losman has someone comes up with a excuse for, not enough time, wasn't concentrating, receiver ran the wrong route, it was raining out, etc...

Well then, if nobody is perfect, and every QB makes bad throws, then why are you ALWAYS so critical? You're right, people do tend to make excuses for this type of error but I think that for everyone of them, there is one of you, criticizing for every mistake no matter how minuscule.

HHURRICANE
08-21-2006, 09:43 AM

I'm in a good mood this morning. I'm not going to let you ruin it. I don't think there's any excuse there. He has lapses in judgement and he throws bad balls. Hopefully the more he plays the less mistakes he makes.

You need to chill. I can make your point that nobody knows if JP is going to be the future of this organization. But he's the best option we have right now. You can't make a Rob Johnson comparison with 8 starts and the way he was mishandled last year. If after 8 straight starts this year he looks bad I'll be the first one to tell you that you were right and we need to be looking at a QB. The irony here is if he wins us 7or 8 games we won't be getting Brady Quin anyway. Chill and root for your team.

TacklingDummy
08-21-2006, 09:54 AM
Not concentrating is a excuse. How the heck does a QB not concentrate on a football field? Is JP standing behind the center, day dreaming of Ice in his JP underroos?

Im all for JP starting this year, have been for along time. I can't see giving him all 16 games though if indeed he does stink. The Bills have to find out what Nall can do also, if JP stinks.

TacklingDummy
08-21-2006, 09:57 AM
Well then, if nobody is perfect, and every QB makes bad throws, then why are you ALWAYS so critical?

Because he makes more bad throws then good throws?

ICE74129
08-21-2006, 03:34 PM

Funny math and FACTS say different. He has over 60% completion % for the preseason. Now the last time I checked that is MORE good passes than not.

Drive 4 Five
08-21-2006, 03:42 PM

So the question mark means you're not sure? Or you're asking me? I don't get it.

billsburgh
08-21-2006, 04:07 PM
didn't think that your posts could get any more idiotic, bet you go and prove me wrong.