PDA

View Full Version : Does Holcomb deserve to make the team?

don137
08-21-2006, 08:46 AM
Everything I see and hear is how awful he looks. My question is why should he be on this team. Nall will probably serve as a better backup. The only thing Holcomb seems to have going for him is that he has been in the league for many years and brings experience. His play seemed to have slipped terribly and it was never that great to begin with. If he played like he did and was a rookie he wouldn't make it passed the first wave of cuts.
I don't have anything against the guy personally. I just wonder why he should be on this team come opening day.

ICE74129
08-21-2006, 08:48 AM
No. He is a locker room laywer and Nall is going to unseat him for the #2 spot. At his age and with his money its time to cut bait.

Leave a young kid as #3 thats what most of the teams do.

OpIv37
08-21-2006, 08:48 AM
it depends if the coaches decide to keep 2 QB's or 3. If they keep 3, Holcomb's earned it over Cliff Kingsbury- that guy's worthless.

THATHURMANATOR
08-21-2006, 08:49 AM
He will make the team.

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-21-2006, 08:51 AM
I agree with ICE. Holcomb in no way shape or form fits this offensive scheme and for that reason as well as his lackluster play he should be replaced with someone who at least has age on their side. What happened to Craig Ochs?

don137
08-21-2006, 08:59 AM
I personally think he may be the next Posey and be cut.
If they do not like Kilingsbury there will be enough good young QBs that will get cut and they can sign at final cuts. Why pay all that money for a #3 QB. Why not bring along a young guy and see if he can develop into something.

OpIv37
08-21-2006, 09:06 AM
I agree with ICE. Holcomb in no way shape or form fits this offensive scheme and for that reason as well as his lackluster play he should be replaced with someone who at least has age on their side. What happened to Craig Ochs?

I think both Ochs and Woodbury are injured.

ShadowHawk7
08-21-2006, 12:07 PM
I like Ochs, but Holcomb still provides veteran leadership IMO, and is still one of the more capable backups in the league. I think he should stick, but ONLY as the #2 or #3, a la Shane Matthews.

ShadowHawk7
08-21-2006, 12:19 PM
I like Ochs, but I think KH still provides vet leadership and is still one of the more capable backups in the league. I think he should stick but strickly as the #2 or #3, a la Shane Matthews.

Night Train
08-21-2006, 12:24 PM
He will make the team.

Probably but I'm hoping he's replaced with some waiver guy who doesn't consider a 12 yard throw " the bomb " !

Why dumb down the entire Offense for a limited athlete ? We're talking 3rd string here...

dolphinssuck
08-21-2006, 12:26 PM
Holcombs a good backup IMO and should be just that the #2 QB with JP starting and maturing. Holcomb does bring some valuable veteran leadership and if willing I believe could be of some help in JPs development.

ICE74129
08-21-2006, 12:27 PM
I like Ochs, but Holcomb still provides veteran leadership IMO, and is still one of the more capable backups in the league. I think he should stick, but ONLY as the #2 or #3, a la Shane Matthews.

Veteran leadership? when? Locker room lawyering all season to try and get back in there isn't LEADERSHIP.

dolphinssuck
08-21-2006, 12:33 PM
Veteran leadership? when? Locker room lawyering all season to try and get back in there isn't LEADERSHIP.

You know what ICE I put leadership as a trait for Holcomb but your actually right about locker room lawyering doesnt make for good leadership. But if I was KH Id proably do the same thing to get my shot as a starter on a team.

bigbub2352
08-21-2006, 01:00 PM
he will make the team this year but this will be his last as a bill, 3rd pick next year will be a qb

ICE74129
08-21-2006, 01:01 PM
You know what ICE I put leadership as a trait for Holcomb but your actually right about locker room lawyering doesnt make for good leadership. But if I was KH Id proably do the same thing to get my shot as a starter on a team.

yeah but DS at some point reality has to kick in for this guy. It's over, be the backup and make a ton of jack doing it. Take some pride in the fact you helped a younger guy succeed, instead of being a reason he failed

djjimkelly
08-21-2006, 01:19 PM
lets hope he gets the axe

blackonyx89
08-21-2006, 01:27 PM
No!

HHURRICANE
08-21-2006, 01:39 PM
I think on a team with a limited pass attack and a strong OL with a focus on running, Holcomb would be an okay backup. Here he is useless and more of a distraction than it's worth. I think the waiver wire might post a better suited player for this team. I wouldn't put leadership up there either. He's not Troy Vincent. I think the boos from the fans on Friday night summed up his clout here.