PDA

View Full Version : I went to Giant's training camp.........

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-21-2006, 08:49 AM
I went to Giant's camp with my friends who are all Giant's fans yesterday. I was really looking forward to comparing their camp wih ours. The first thing you see is the merchandise tent which is just not put together well at all. It is something you would expect for maybe a college level team. It was really trashy. The practice was pretty much the same as ours in every respect. After practice everyone went to the fence to get autographs and only 2 guys stayed to sign, and those guys were Jay Feely who signed for everyone and rookie Micheal Jennings who also signed for everyone. Since there was a night practice later we figured a lot more would sign after that one. NOPE, Jay Feely once again signed for everyone and at one point was begging his teammates to come sign also as the went by riding in golf carts. 2nd year player Justin Tuck signed a lot. Mathius Kiwanuka signed a few, and Jonas Seawright signed one. Jeremy Shockey has got to be the biggest ***** in the league. After the first practice he all but sprinted to the locker room ignoring all the fans. He then showed up late for the second practice. I was overall really disappointed with giants camp. I was expecting something much more fan friendly being that they are one of the more popular teams in the league. I would just like to say thanks to the Bills organization for making our camp as nice as it is and making it as enjoyable as they can. Oh and Eli Manning almost hit us with his SUV as we walked back to our car.

The last buffalo fan
08-21-2006, 09:32 AM
I really don't know, why I'm not surprised AT ALL!!!!

Bills :dance: :bandwagon !!!!!!!!

don137
08-21-2006, 10:21 AM
I did not attend training camp this year but I went the past two years to the Panthers camp. A lot of the players sign after each practice. Jake Delhomme has to be one of the easiest to get for a QB. Very personable.
I did take my kids to a Panthers practice they had at the stadium and ALL the players signed afterwards for about 20minutes. A few players even signed 5 minutes after the horn sounded to announce the end of the autographs. The biggest surprise was Keyshawn Johnson signed until the very end. He even took his shoes off and threw them up in the stands.
I think the Bills camp is better for the kids than the Panthers but its a lot easier to get autographs for the Panthers since all the players have to walk by the fans. Both times I went my son was able to get at least 20 autographs each time. One thing the Panthers do which the Bills should do is hold a practice at there stadium on the Saturday before the first exhibition game for the fans. The Panthers call it fan appreciation day and this ear about 20K fans showed up

!Papacrunk!
08-21-2006, 06:33 PM
I went to Giant's camp with my friends who are all Giant's fans yesterday. I was really looking forward to comparing their camp wih ours. The first thing you see is the merchandise tent which is just not put together well at all. It is something you would expect for maybe a college level team. It was really trashy. The practice was pretty much the same as ours in every respect. After practice everyone went to the fence to get autographs and only 2 guys stayed to sign, and those guys were Jay Feely who signed for everyone and rookie Micheal Jennings who also signed for everyone. Since there was a night practice later we figured a lot more would sign after that one. NOPE, Jay Feely once again signed for everyone and at one point was begging his teammates to come sign also as the went by riding in golf carts. 2nd year player Justin Tuck signed a lot. Mathius Kiwanuka signed a few, and Jonas Seawright signed one. Jeremy Shockey has got to be the biggest ***** in the league. After the first practice he all but sprinted to the locker room ignoring all the fans. He then showed up late for the second practice. I was overall really disappointed with giants camp. I was expecting something much more fan friendly being that they are one of the more popular teams in the league. I would just like to say thanks to the Bills organization for making our camp as nice as it is and making it as enjoyable as they can. Oh and Eli Manning almost hit us with his SUV as we walked back to our car.
I heard Sam Madison has been struggling with the Giants and may even be passed by McQuarters, did you get that impression yourself?

generalmills
08-21-2006, 08:23 PM
I went to Giants camp in Albany 3 years ago and I loved it. (im not sure if it has changed location or what) It reminded me so much of going to Fredonia and watching the bills before they switched to SJF. I love the idea of watching training camp behind a cheaply erected snow fence. It was so personal. When the players left the practice field, they were cattled through a small area about as big as the aisle way at a wrestling event... you were really able to get close to every player as there was only one way through. (bonus also was that the walk way was placed directly beside the italian ice stand:dance: )
I miss that feeling at training camp now.. SJF is just not the same as going to Fredonia State.

FlyingDutchman
08-21-2006, 10:42 PM
i have nothing constructive to add except Italian icees are the s***

The_Philster
08-22-2006, 05:09 AM
I went to Giants camp in Albany 3 years ago and I loved it. (im not sure if it has changed location or what) It reminded me so much of going to Fredonia and watching the bills before they switched to SJF. I love the idea of watching training camp behind a cheaply erected snow fence. It was so personal. When the players left the practice field, they were cattled through a small area about as big as the aisle way at a wrestling event... you were really able to get close to every player as there was only one way through. (bonus also was that the walk way was placed directly beside the italian ice stand:dance: )
I miss that feeling at training camp now.. SJF is just not the same as going to Fredonia State.
Yeah...but I'd say the majority of players signed at least a few autographs at Fredonia

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-24-2006, 09:08 AM
McQuarters did get a lot of playing time.

Bill Brasky
08-24-2006, 12:13 PM
Who gives a **** about the Giants?

ShadowHawk7
08-24-2006, 02:33 PM
Oh and Eli Manning almost hit us with his SUV as we walked back to our car.

You should of let him clip you and sue his Manning ass all the way back to Archie and the backwoods of Arkansas. :honda:

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-24-2006, 10:54 PM
That's what we were saying afterwards, and thanks freeman for that nugget of brilliance but I was just comparing how nice of an experience our camp is to that of the ****ty Giants camp.

BILLSROCK1212
08-25-2006, 12:12 PM

I went a year after their Super Bowl loss to their training camp and it really was fan friendly. I have almost every player's autograph that was on that team that offseason except for Micheal Strahan who I happened to want most. I caught Jim Fassel in his golf cart on his way to meetings and he sort of got pissed off at me for stopping him for an autograph but it was nice of him to stop.