PDA

View Full Version : If the 49ers are going to give alex smith one full season

Kerr
08-21-2006, 10:03 AM
Why shouldn't the bills give jp one full season?

Last season they both played limited games.

1 TD and 11 ints in 9 games for Smith
8 TDs and 8 ints in 9 games for Losman.

There is no doubt jp should be the starting qb. It needs to be discovered whether he's going to be the franchise qb or not.

THATHURMANATOR
08-21-2006, 10:08 AM
I agree but hasn't this been posted maybe 1000 times already?

THATHURMANATOR
08-21-2006, 10:08 AM
I see Dummy lurking around here. I sense a JP sucks post is on its way!

Kerr
08-21-2006, 10:10 AM
I agree but hasn't this been posted maybe 1000 times already?

True, but i'm bored.

TacklingDummy
08-21-2006, 10:14 AM
I see Dummy lurking around here. I sense a JP sucks post is on its way!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets say JP puts up Smith numbers the first 9 games this year. Do you really want to give JP the final 7 games or do you want to see what Nall can bring.

JP is getting his 3rd chance this year to produce. If he can't produce in the first 9 games, then there's no reason to give him the final 7. The experiment will be over. If he plays well the first 9 games, he can play the final 7.

The Smith/JP comparison doesn't hold much water. Smith was on the worst team the year before he was drafted. JP took over a 9-7 team that had Moulds, McGahee, Evans on offense. Give Smith those weapons and I sure his stats. would look much better. Smith is setup to fail in the same way Ryan Leaf was.
:dance:

THATHURMANATOR
08-21-2006, 10:16 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets say JP puts up Smith numbers the first 9 games this year. Do you really want to give JP the final 7 games?

Yes and why are you dancing?

I am not interested in Nall.

BillsFever21
08-21-2006, 10:19 AM
I'm willing to bet anything JP doesn't have 1 TD and 11 INT's like Alex Smith through the first 9 games this year.

djjimkelly
08-21-2006, 10:21 AM

Lets say JP puts up Smith numbers the first 9 games this year. Do you really want to give JP the final 7 games or do you want to see what Nall can bring.

JP is getting his 3rd chance this year to produce. If he can't produce in the first 9 games, then there's no reason to give him the final 7. The experiment will be over. If he plays well the first 9 games, he can play the final 7.

The Smith/JP comparison doesn't hold much water. Smith was on one the worst team the year before he was drafted. JP took over a 9-7 team that had Moulds, McGahee, Evans on offense. Give Smith those weapons and I sure his stats. would look much better. Smith is setup to fail in the same way Ryan Leaf was.

hes not gonna put up those numbers so give it a rest or go find a new team

Kerr
08-21-2006, 10:21 AM

The Smith/JP comparison doesn't hold much water. Smith was on one the worst team the year before he was drafted. JP took over a 9-7 team that had Moulds, McGahee, Evans on offense. Give Smith those weapons and I sure his stats. would look much better. Smith is setup to fail in the same way Ryan Leaf was.

This is realistically jp's 2nd chance, dummy. He played garbage time his rookie season coming off his broke leg.

True, the bills did have a lot more talent than the 49ers, but it's moot. The point is that the 49ers are willing to find out if they are sticking with Smith or entering the quinn sweepstakes next season. We are in the same situation. If losman can't cut the mustard, we need to look elsewhere.

TacklingDummy
08-21-2006, 10:26 AM
This is realistically jp's 2nd chance, dummy. He played garbage time his rookie season coming off his broke leg.

True, the bills did have a lot more talent than the 49ers, but it's moot. The point is that the 49ers are willing to find out if they are sticking with Smith or entering the quinn sweepstakes next season. We are in the same situation. If losman can't cut the mustard, we need to look elsewhere.

Im counting last year as 2 chance's. Started the season, was benched, and then cameback in a few weeks later and was benched 4 weeks after that. Plus this year, makes 3.

Smith will fail in San Fran. They should of never drafted him. They should of traded the pick for more picks.

TacklingDummy
08-21-2006, 10:27 AM
why are you dancing?

Because you sound like a broken record. I dance to music.

Kerr
08-21-2006, 10:37 AM
Im counting last year as 2 chance's. Started the season, was benched, and then cameback in a few weeks later and was benched 4 weeks after that. Plus this year, makes 3.

Smith will fail in San Fran. They should of never drafted him. They should of traded the pick for more picks.

Last year as 2 chances? You can't be serious dummy.

TacklingDummy
08-21-2006, 10:42 AM
Last year as 2 chances? You can't be serious dummy.

How wasn't it?

He was named starter the beginning of the year. And then after Holcomb got hurt was named the starter again. Yes, it was 2 chances.

He played better with his second chance last year. I don't know why MM benched him the second time. There was no reason to. Rumor had it JP was injuried but I think that was a scapegoat excuse.

Kerr
08-21-2006, 10:46 AM
How wasn't it?

He was named starter the beginning of the year. And then after Holcomb got hurt was named the starter again. Yes, it was 2 chances.

He played better with his second chance last year. I don't know why MM benched him the second time. There was no reason to. Rumor had it JP was injuried but I think that was a scapegoat excuse.

Dummy, you won't build any form of confidence or consistency playing musical qb's. Mularkey and co. dropped the ball last season. His development was corrupted.

THATHURMANATOR
08-21-2006, 10:46 AM
Because you sound like a broken record. I dance to music.
Wait a second. The ultimate in repeating the same thing over and over and over again is calling me a broken record?

EricStratton
08-21-2006, 10:49 AM
It also comes down to economics. San Fran used the number 1 overall and qll the guaranteed money that goes along with it (signing bonus, cap hit etc) to hang their future on Alex Smith (a mistake IMO). They need to give it a chance of working.

At this point the Bills investment in JP isn’t that huge (and since the current staff didn’t draft him it’s even less)

TacklingDummy
08-21-2006, 10:53 AM
Dummy, you won't build any form of confidence or consistency playing musical qb's. Mularkey and co. dropped the ball last season. His development was corrupted.

That's why I said Losman should of never of been benched with his 2nd chance last year. There was no reason to bench JP, the Bills were going no where at that point in the season. MM had to go. Thank God he quit.

Kerr
08-21-2006, 10:56 AM
That's why I said Losman should of never of been benched with his 2nd chance last year. There was no reason to bench JP, the Bills were going no where at that point in the season. MM had to go. Thank God he quit.

Therefore, you should give jp a chance.

TacklingDummy
08-21-2006, 10:57 AM
Wait a second. The ultimate in repeating the same thing over and over and over again is calling me a broken record?

:evil: I thought that would sound funny.

I repeat the samething over in over again in threads started about JP that say the samething over and over again. There are 14 threads about the QB position on the main page. How many of them are started by TacklingDummy? Are you attacking anyone else in those threads?

TacklingDummy
08-21-2006, 10:59 AM
Therefore, you should give jp a chance.

JP is getting his chance. JP can shut me up. All he's got to do is live up to the potential that some people see in him. Wouldn't that be nice?

Kerr
08-21-2006, 11:00 AM
JP is getting his chance. JP can shut me up. All he's got to do is live up to the potential that some people see in him. Wouldn't that be nice?

It definitely would be nice.

The last buffalo fan
08-21-2006, 11:53 AM
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by TacklingDummy
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

It definitely would be nice.

But it would be nicer, if you just shut your damn mouth up, and enjoy the games.

SquishDaFish
08-21-2006, 06:34 PM
They gave him last year and hes looking better in camp this year then he was last year. If we had real coaches last year JP would be all ready and better then right now.